Meffa's Fall 2021 Organic Grow

meffa

Houston we have germination! I'm hoping to get two runs in between Fall & Winter and I just germinated and moved my Fall grow to soil. I have two of each strain going and plan to pass along a couple that I won't be keeping. I'm planning to flower one of each if things look good, but either way I'm planning to take 6 plants all the way in 7gl pots.

All were germinated in a wet paper towel and put in soil in red cups on Saturday 28-August. Within one day they were all standing straight up! One of the Pink Kush is three times the size of all the others. I tent my solo cups with sandwich bags with a slit in the middle the first 24-48hrs and she was poking right through! I'll probably move her down in the soil a bit and will start taking pictures next time I'm at the tent.

Indica Cream
L.A. Confidential
Purple Punch
Pink Kush
Godfather OG
Super OG

Today is Friday 03-Sept and my girls have been in soil for about a week now. Nothing really exciting going on at this point. Of the 12 seedlings I put in soil only one didn't make it, but it was an Indica Cream and I was pretty geared up for that strain. I have more seeds but will just take a clone or two if needed.

I've been using a spray bottle to moisten down the soil and today gave them their first full drink. I added some fulvic and humic acid to the mix.

I double up my cups and put a spacer between the two to allow for drainage. The second pic shows the Lazy Susan that I built when I started growing. I couldn't imaging trying to care for the plants from the middle/back without this. My veg tent is a 4x4 and my flower tent is a 4x8. I have full access to the front and back of the 4x8, otherwise I'd have these everywhere!

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

It's Sunday 06-Sep and the girls are growing! One Purple Punch and one GodFather OG didn't make it, but the rest are looking healthy. I had thought earlier that I lost an Indica Cream but it was the GF OG, and then one of the Purple Punch's just keeled over like I've never seen before. Not sure what happened there but that's why I plant extra. The cups were dried out yesterday so I watered and today they're all looking happy about that. I don't think I quite watered enough on Friday.

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

Today is Sunday 12-Sep and it's been two weeks since my all-female rock band hit dirt and it looks like they're catching fire! The cups are drying out pretty quickly and roots are showing through the bottom holes so I'm planning to transplant to 1gl & 2gl pots tonight. I have (5) 1gl fabric, (3) 2gl fabric, and a ton of 1gl plastic pots available. I'm keeping six plants for myself and giving two to a friend, so I need to cut a couple loose, or I could up-pot them all and make the cut in another week or so to make sure they're all strong. I really don't want to do more work than necessary and will decide while I'm doing it based on how the root structure is looking when I take them out of their cups.

L.A. Confidential and Pink Kush are the strongest looking of the group, but really at this point it's splitting hairs as they all have good color and leaf structure.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

Today is Thursday 16-Sep and my oh my what a difference a couple of days makes! Just comparing photos from 4 days ago you can see these girls are loving life. I moved them into 1gl pots Sunday afternoon and their root structure was very healthy so I stuck to my plan and didn't up-pot any more than I planned to take all the way to harvest. I hate having to cut plants from the roster but having to cherry pick the strongest plants is a good problem to have. :yahoo:

We're at 19 days in soil from their paper towel germination and life events are pushing me to have to up-pot these girls to their 3gl pots no later then Sunday 26-Sep. I'll have to check my last journal to see how long my last crop went between 1gl and 3gl pots. Either way they're moving but they look like they may have a good shot at filling out the 1gl pretty quickly regardless.

My pictures came out pretty dark but I'm too tired to go back and reshoot. I really like what I'm seeing for growth and node spacing. I grew a few LSD plants last year and they were all over the place and just the most ununiform plants I've ever seen. These babies on the other hand all have good looking leaf structure and should take well to the haircuts I have in store for them. I'm going to top/manifold these girls and am going to pay extra attention to any side branches. My previous grows I've left too may side branches and this time around I'm only letting the primary colas go the distance, all side branches are going to be cut.

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

I've been neglecting to journal days that I'm watering and need to get back on track, there's just much going on to try and remember. Today is Tuesday 21-Sep and I watered yesterday 20-Sep and the girls are all looking fantastic. I need to buy a lens filter for my camera that'll let me take better pictures with the LED's on. Everything comes out very dark and I don't want to mess with the lights or take plants out just to photograph.

I'm hoping to move the 5 plants that are in 1gl containers to 3gl this weekend, but we'll have to see how the root ball looks first. I'm going to be relegated to giving orders to my family to care for the plants for the next month and I'd really like to move these myself. I'm going to move the Super OG that's in the 2gl to it's final 7gl pot when the time comes. Going from a red cup to 2gl then to 7gl isn't ideal but it could be worse.

Well that was easy! $120 for a lens filter for my DSLR, $30 for the same filter for my iPhone, or use what you have and shoot through your grow room glasses. Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

zoomed1.png

zoomed2.png

Today is Saturday 25-Sep and these girls received a full drink today. Super OG has a couple of small leaf markings that I believe are the start of a deficiency, likely Cal/Mag so I added a bit to their breakfast drink and will keep an eye on things. Overall they're looking really healthy and are coming along nicely. I'm planning to move them into 3gl pots either tomorrow or Monday, hopefully they're ready.

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

Today is Sunday 26-Sep and these ladies are a sexy 29 days young! I moved the 5 that were in 1gl fabric pots to 3gl fabric pots earlier today and I'm glad that's done. Super OG is in a 2gl pot and she'll stay there until everybody moves in their final 7gl pots, which will probably be in about 4 weeks. Assuming there aren't any hiccups along the way I'm planning to give them two haircuts before they go into their flowering pots. Their root system after just two weeks in the 1gl fabric pots was pretty impressive and I'm hoping they respond well to their new home.

This is my first time using soil that I baked to kill any fungus gnats and so far so good, I haven't seen anything yet. Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx myself.

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

Today is Monday 04-Sep and the girls are 37 days old now. BTW I try to start my updates out this way to help me more easily keep track of time.

It's been a week since their up-pot and yesterday I cleared the lower growth and watered in preparation for their first topping. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to give them their haircut. I'm really happy with things are progressing problem free so far. The soil was a little crowned from their move to bigger pots because I don't like to put the fabric pots in the new pots and fill the soil around, so I used 1gl plastic pots that are narrower and tapered. I tried straightening the hole but they weren't that perfect so I had to force them in a bit. Anyway, I added some soil to the surface to level things out which will help when watering.

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

It's Tuesday 05-Sep and the deed has been done! I just topped and tied down the remaining nodes. These girls got away on me a little bit but I'm sure they'll do just fine. If things go well their second topping will be in two weeks, then one more up-pot to their flowering pot and they'll be ready for flowering.

I'm determined to stay on top of any lower/side growth this time around as I only want top colas. We'll see how we do with that.

DSC_0050.JPG

Nice start to your grow journal @meffa

I don't know how I missed your journal for over a month.

Your ladies look very happy, keep up the good work. :goodjob:

I'll be around.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :rofl:
Thank you Tokin, I don't mind talking to myself but it's nice when there's someone else listening!

Hello there! Looks like things are moving along well in here! I'll tag along for the ride if you don't mind. Quite the training! I'm excited to see how the show goes. Happy growing!
Awesome, I'd love to have additional eyes on what I'm doing. Looks like you have some journals up, will take a look at yours as well.

I'll be joining too...I've got not much experience but hopefully I can learn something.
Glad to have you onboard! I'm by no means an expert but am becoming more comfortable with growing with each day.

It's Sunday 10-Oct and the crew is 43 days young. I watered all this morning with Cal/Mag, Silica, Fulvic, and some Organic Plant Magic. They're a little water logged from their drink and will perk up a bit throughout the day.

I'm planning to mainline vs manifold and their next haircut is right around the corner, likely Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. They didn't really skip a beat with their first topping and overall I'm happy with what's going on. What I'm not so happy about is seeing some fungus gnats. I cooked the soil prior but apparently that didn't kill all of the larvae. I put down some yellow stickies to deal with them for now and will turn up the heat with SNS and Gnatrol if needed.

GodFather OG
DSC_0068.JPG

Pink Kush
DSC_0071.JPG

Purple Punch
DSC_0075.JPG

L.A. Confidential
DSC_0077.JPG

Super OG
DSC_0078.JPG

Indica Cream
DSC_0080.JPG