Meffa's Fall 2021 Organic Grow

I see some babies in the pics also? That tent is rocking.

NTH
Yes! I started my next crop and put them in soil last night. They'll veg in the 4x4 and move to the 4x8 right about the time the current grow is done, at least that's the plan.

I decided on GrandDaddy Purple, Sirius Black, Gelato OG, Old School, and 8-Ball Kush. I'm going to keep one of them in the 4x4 for the full run. If you ever have a chance to grow 8-Ball Kush I highly recommend it. I've grown the strain twice and its been very uniform and they've easily been the most behaved plants that I've grown so far. Of course I wouldn't recommend unless the quality was great with yield to match. :yahoo:

Looking good. That's some nice training and the girls look healthy.
Thank you, it's my first time doing an a 8-way mainline, at least on 4 of them. I've manifolded in the past and that's worked out great, just switching it up to experiment. So far the 4 that I have setup seem to be happy.

Thank you, it's my first time doing an a 8-way mainline, at least on 4 of them. I've manifolded in the past and that's worked out great, just switching it up to experiment. So far the 4 that I have setup seem to be happy.
Cool, I love watching people experiment. I'm just learning how to train my plants, I've only ever topped or fimmed them. It's so interesting to see all the different techniques people are using and how the plants adapt. I'm learning every day here.

Sunday 07-Nov 69 Days In Soil

Since we set the clocks back last night I figured it was time to change the timer on the lights to 12/12 and get these girls flowering! The first three Super OG, Indica Cream, and Purple Punch are the stars of the group. They're all about the same size and have very similar node spacing and seem to be getting along on that side of the tent, I'd say they're definitely ready to get on with it. In the second group we have GodFather OG who has longer node spacing than the other three but is well behaved. L.A. Confidential only got topped twice and I defoliated her pretty good, might have gone a little too far in fact as she's not the fastest grower but she's mature enough and will do fine. Pink Kush I don't have any expectations for and will be surprised if I get a zip out of her. She's definitely not as advertised, including the other from seed that I gave my friend, both are some kinda sativa for sure.

So here we are ready to embark on the second phase of the journey, 69 days from the day they were put into their red cups. I've definitely learned some lessons with this grow and have already made adjustments that include the just germinated selection, but even then you never know with some genetics!

IMG_6564.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

Wednesday 10-Nov 3 Days in Flower

It's been 6 days since these ladies were last watered and boy did they drink! Between the 6 they drank 11+gallons. I use a 2gl pump sprayer which was 6 refills, and if it were just water I'd whine less but I added Organic Plant Magic, Cal/Mag, Gnatrol, Silica, Humic, and SNS 209 to each refill. Actually adding to the water wasn't a big deal, I just didn't think they were ever gonna stop drinking.

This is my first time mainlining and I believe these are the shortest plants I've sent to flower. I've been manifolding in the past and that one less topping makes a difference with growth when comparing past grows at the same age of a plants life (more or less). I gave them some Plant Magic because I top dressed with GeoBloom just before putting them into flower and wanted to give them a little extra N as they'll continue to grow for the first 3 weeks of flower. They've grown about a half inch per day over the last two days which is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm really hoping the mainlining technique pays off in overall yield. I shoot for 4zips per plant, so each of the 8 colas would need to be a half which sounds doable.

Indica Cream - She's a beauty!
IMG_6576.JPG

Super OG. She was a little root-bound in her 2gl fabric pot before she hit the 7gl and is catching right up.
IMG_6577.JPG

Purple Punch - Another one of my very well behaved band members, she's just been very cooperative and a real trooper.
IMG_6578.JPG

GodFather OG - I'm starting to like her, though I'm not used to the bigger node spacing but she's been trouble free.
IMG_6579.JPG

L.A Confidential - She's really coming along and this top-down picture doesn't do her justice.
IMG_6580.JPG

Pink Kush - Such a POS! If I get anything from her I'll be happy.
IMG_6581.JPG

One more of Indica Cream - My star pupil
IMG_6582.JPG

Looking real good! That should be quite a yield when it's all said and done
I sure hope so! I have some seedlings growing for the next run and I wish I could see into the future to know if mainlining is better than manifolding. From what I read it is but nothing beats firsthand experience.

Thursday 11-Nov 4 Days in Flower

It's a day after being watered and the crew is looking good! Seeing them all perked up standing at attention basking in the light has me feeling good about this grow. I was concerned about their short height because I'm not keeping any side branches and am counting on just the mainlined colas to bring home the weight. They grew 3/4" overnight and are getting nice and bushy which has me smiling today. :yahoo: :yummy:

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

Sunday 14-Nov 7 Days in Flower

It's been a week since the flip to 12/12 and the pistils are starting to show. They've been growing 1/2" to as much as 3/4" per day but seem to be slowing down. I've raised the lights a couple of times and can only go up a couple more inches. Right now they're between 22"-23" from the light. I've had them grow a lot closer in the past and I'm confident these gals can take the intensity as they mature, they're as healthy as any plants I've taken to flower. We'll have to wait and see how much more they stretch though, not much more to do at this stage - they look as happy as can be!

I'm trying to stay true to my word and not let side branches grow, which I find hard to do (mentally) at this point in their life. I tried to take some side view pics to show how the inside under growth has been pretty well cleared. I love being able to see clearly what's going on with my plants the whole way through, it also makes for an easier time when it comes to watering and allows for good airflow. I have oscillating tower fans in all four corner and nobody is lacking for breeze in this tent! :cool:

Indica Cream in the front, Super OG on the left, and Purple Punch up top.
IMG_6601.JPG

Super OG
IMG_6603.JPG

Indica Cream
IMG_6604.JPG

Purple Punch
IMG_6605.JPG

GodFather OG in front, L.A. Confidential up top.
IMG_6607.JPG

L.A. Confidential
IMG_6608.JPG

GodFather OG
IMG_6610.JPG

Hey Mef! Sweet mainline grow! I'm doing a quadline for the first time now myself. Good to see you're doing so well!
Stoner! How's it going? I never heard of quadline and just did a quick study on it. So top above the the fourth node and below the third and it gives you and "X". I have to check out your grow, I need to see what this looks like. I have seedlings going for the next run and might try it with one if you give it your blessing.

Stoner! How's it going? I never heard of quadline and just did a quick study on it. So top above the the fourth node and below the third and it gives you and "X". I have to check out your grow, I need to see what this looks like. I have seedlings going for the next run and might try it with one if you give it your blessing.
Yep, some say any of the two best that cross. This is my first so it's all experimental to me. You're always invited! The quad stuff is in the last month or 6 weeks on the Dark Matter journal.

Wednesday 17-Nov 10 Days in Flower

Don't you just love when the ladies start shooting their pistils? They grew another inch in the last 4 days, which means they're slowing down and should be concentrating on growing the medicine we're after. I watered late yesterday and was happy I was able to get it done. They were parched after 6 full days between drinks and today they're letting us know they appreciated it! They are creating a strong water column that has these girls praying to the sun gods, errr LED gods maybe..........

I also just picked up a new propagator tray with extended sides and a nice top. My seedlings were struggling with the low humidity and cold temps. I had the exhaust fan connected to outside air and though I didn't have it turned on the backdraft coming through the 6" duct was making it chilly in there, especially overnight. I disconnected that and it's warmed right up, so between warmer temps and the new seedling setup keeping the humidity where it needs to be they've literally doubled in size in two days. I connected the intake fan in the flower tent to the outside air and will be able to get the temps really cold for the flowering finish line. :yahoo:

Yesterday's watering for the gang in flower included FF Big Bloom, Silica, Gnatrol, and SNS209. Between them they chugged 13gl with just a bit of runoff.

IMG_6643.JPG

IMG_6644.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

IMG_6646.JPG

IMG_6648.JPG

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6650.JPG

IMG_6651.JPG

Looking fine meffa! I was down your way today shopping for cars. Had a chance to get my jumbo italian at Bobs! Yum!!!
Ha! That's awesome, I haven't had one in a long time. My brother's wife buys him one every year for Christmas! I had a chicken parm a few weeks ago and it didn't disappoint. Now you have me wanting an Italian! :laughtwo:

Car shopping aye? Seems everyone is trying to take advantage of the short supply. One of my cars I bought 2.5yrs ago and today I could still sell it for more than I paid! I got a good deal but c'mon. Are you looking to buy new from a dealer?

Ha! That's awesome, I haven't had one in a long time. My brother's wife buys him one every year for Christmas! I had a chicken parm a few weeks ago and it didn't disappoint. Now you have me wanting an Italian! :laughtwo:

Car shopping aye? Seems everyone is trying to take advantage of the short supply. One of my cars I bought 2.5yrs ago and today I could still sell it for more than I paid! I got a good deal but c'mon. Are you looking to buy new from a dealer?
Both our cars are 2007's and are just ready to update. She's first. Yes a dealer but a 2018. Actually we made a verbal deal to have one find the car we want for us. This is very different from the days when I'd go in with a bad attitude and offer what a salesperson would call insulting offers that I'd insist he/she bring to their bosses to be turned down for their offer. I miss that! It's a strange market right now.

Back
Top Bottom