Meffa's Fall 2021 Organic Grow

What is it that is causing the PM? Is it high humidity?
No, humidity is 45% at plant height. PM is all around us from what I've read and you have to change the pH of the plants surface so that it's not able to thrive. Sulfur vapor is supposed to do that. The PM isn't rampant in my grow but any is too much in my book. I didn't have any my last grow and I ended up not bud washing. I'll be bud washing this time around for sure just to be safe.

Sunday 15-Dec || 38 Days Since Light Flip || 0 Days Since Watered || 9 Days Since Top-Dressed

I watered everyone today with a tea of EWC and Terptea bloom I had aerating the last couple of days. The tent seems so much happier with Pink Kush imposter out of the mix. I've been spot spraying where I see any PM and I think it's working, the whole grow seems so much better. I also removed all of the big fans that had PM on them, which were all at the bottom of the plants.

I mixed epsom salts, silica, and fulvic acid. I have the sulfur vaporizer and am still waiting on the sulfur prills to arrive, but in the meantime I'll continue to spray and will decide if I want to use sulfur on this grow this late in the game. I'm for sure going to use it in the tent before the next group goes into flower.

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

Saturday 18-Dec || 41 Days Since Light Flip || 3 Days Since Watered || 12 Days Since Top-Dressed

Looks like I spoke too soon, WPM has gotten more of a hold than I realized. I did a 10 minute sulfur burn last night and I added H202 to the spray solution today. I'm going to do another sulfur burn tonight and go to 15 minutes. The directions say a 4hr burn will cover 1000sq ft, and I'm in a 32sq ft tent, so 10-15min is in the zone.

What I don't know is how to tell if the WPM has been killed?

IMG_6773.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_6777.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

Meffa, I was wandering the mag today and found some interesting info on fighting PM. InTheShed commented on the use of a product he based his decision to use citric acid to fight PM with. Thought you may like to have a read .
Thanks, Otter. I ran the sulfer vaporizer for 1hr last night and let it settle for another 45min after the burn. I realized that the quick burn the night before wasn't close enough. This morning they look better. I have an ozone generator coming today for when I turn over the tent. You need to be aware of what you're doing but that seems to be the best solution for killing everything within.

Thanks, Otter. I ran the sulfer vaporizer for 1hr last night and let it settle for another 45min after the burn. I realized that the quick burn the night before wasn't close enough. This morning they look better. I have an ozone generator coming today for when I turn over the tent. You need to be aware of what you're doing but that seems to be the best solution for killing everything within.
That'll kill it in the surrounding area too which may be a most productive thing.

Sunday 18-Dec || 42 Days Since Light Flip || 0 Days Since Watered || 0 Days Since Top-Dressed

I top-dressed and watered today with Cal/Mag, Silica, Fulvic Acid, and Liquid Kelp. They're a little dried out today after the sulfur burn last night but the PM situation looks a lot better.

I ended up 86'ing L.A. Confidential before the sulfur burn last night. The deeper I looked the more PM I found and I'm thinking 4 plants in my 4x8 might be my max moving forward. Just a whole lot easier to see and get to every bit when needed.

IMG_6796.JPG

IMG_6797.JPG

IMG_6798.JPG

Friday 24-Dec || 47 Days Since Light Flip || 0 Days Since Watered || 5 Days Since Top-Dressed

It's Christmas Eve and this crowd just received their holiday drink, which included Cal/Mag, Silica, Fulvic Acid, Liquid Kelp, and SNS203 towards the end. They each drank ~1.5 gallons.

Overall the plants are looking good, though in the back of my head I'm thinking about what the sulfur burning did to the buds. I'm going to bud wash and I'm hoping that'll make a difference with the final product. I took some closeups and I think I'm seeing some amber, though it seems a bit early.

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6803.JPG

IMG_6804.JPG

They sure look fine Meffa! Several people here have burned sulfur and have said it didn't sway the taste. Let us know though. Man they look good!

Hopefully you don't need it again but I found some good info on InTheSheds pages. He uses citric acid. Here you go:
"Here is my recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml)."

Works for him on PM.
Merry Christmas Brother!

They sure look fine Meffa! Several people here have burned sulfur and have said it didn't sway the taste. Let us know though. Man they look good!

Hopefully you don't need it again but I found some good info on InTheSheds pages. He uses citric acid. Here you go:
"Here is my recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml)."

Works for him on PM.
Merry Christmas Brother!
Hi Otter, Merry Christmas! Thanks for always looking out for your fellow growers!

I have a bottled mix that uses citric acid for the PM and a couple of oils for pests, though I didn't find it very effective, but I may have been a little impatient. I'm going to order some citric acid to have on hand and will just use that next time (hopefully there won't be a next time!).

Hi Otter, Merry Christmas! Thanks for always looking out for your fellow growers!

I have a bottled mix that uses citric acid for the PM and a couple of oils for pests, though I didn't find it very effective, but I may have been a little impatient. I'm going to order some citric acid to have on hand and will just use that next time (hopefully there won't be a next time!).
Yeah, or the sulfur is no problem.

Friday 31-Dec || 53 Days Since Light Flip || 1 Days Since Watered || 11 Days Since Top-Dressed

Happy New Year! Tomorrow I'm yelling timber to Indica Cream and Purple Punch! :yahoo: Super OG and God Father OG need more time. I'm planning to bud wash and just filled three storage totes with water to sit overnight and need to fill a fourth. I'll be going with Hydrogen Peroxide in the first, Lemon Juice and Baking Soda in the second, and 3 & 4 are plain water rinses.

Friday 31-Dec || 53 Days Since Light Flip || 1 Days Since Watered || 11 Days Since Top-Dressed

Happy New Year! Tomorrow I'm yelling timber to Indica Cream and Purple Punch! :yahoo: Super OG and God Father OG need more time. I'm planning to bud wash and just filled three storage totes with water to sit overnight and need to fill a fourth. I'll be going with Hydrogen Peroxide in the first, Lemon Juice and Baking Soda in the second, and 3 & 4 are plain water rinses.
Congratulations my friend @meffa :woohoo: :theband::goodjob:
Happy new year.

Stay safe
Bill

Happy New Year!

I harvested Indica Cream and Purple Punch today as planned and gave them a good wash. I had been using 5gl buckets to wash in and bought new tote containers just to be used for bud washing. The totes I used are clear which ended up working really well because the light they let in made it easy to see what was going on, and the tote itself was easier than a bucket because there's more surface area to gently submerge and swish the plant around without smashing it against the container walls. I let them float around in there for a bit at each stage and feel like it went well. We'll find out in 6-8 weeks if there's any sulfur taste!

It's kind of dreary out today in my neck of the woods and I wasn't looking forward to bud washing on the patio, so my wife said why don't you do it in the greenhouse? Brilliant! The obvious escaped me and being out of the elements made the work that much more pleasant. A little of the good stuff during and after didn't hurt either. :yummy::ganjamon:

IMG_6837.JPG

IMG_6839.JPG

IMG_6840.JPG

IMG_6841.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

IMG_6844.JPG

Back
Top Bottom