Meffa's Fall 2022 Organic Soil 5-Way Variety

They're liking the lst!
Yup and they keep looking at me like "can you please put us in bigger pots"? :adore: I keep telling them tomorrow will be the day but I think they're catching on to my game! :laughtwo:

Today is Monday 01-01-2023 || 81F 41%RH || Day 39 Flower|| 3 Days Since Watering || 6 Days Since Top Dress w/GeoFlora Bloom

Things have been busy with the group that's in veg, all plants were topped yesterday for the 2nd time and I up-potted them today. They were seriously root-bound and there are a few markings on a couple of the plants, but now that they have room to spread their roots out they should get stronger and explode in the next couple of weeks. I'm planning to top them once more if the timing is right with the plants that are in flower. We're closing in on 6 weeks in flower and they probably have another 3-4 weeks before they're done. At this stage I'll be happy to harvest by the end of January, which should put the second crop at the end of March to finish up.

LA Confidential up front and Girl Scout Cookies in the back.
IMG_7496.JPG

Acapulco Gold
IMG_7497.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple
IMG_7498.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple thickening up nicely!
IMG_7499.JPG

Gelato OG holding her own.
IMG_7500.JPG

The gang in veg topped twice and just up-potted from 1gl to 3gl containers. I'll re-tie down the nodes later tonight.
IMG_7504.JPG
IMG_7505.JPG
IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7502.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

Holy Moly the colas on GDP! You're going to have to register them with someone! She's a looker Mef!
I'm telling you Otter, this GDP from WSE has to be one of the best strains I've grown! I think I have 8-9 different strains that I'm still vaping my way through from last year and GDP is probably my favorite. I wish I'd grown more this time around but I have a feeling the Do-Si-Do's are going to be real winners, they're the strongest growers out of the group in veg.
:morenutes:

Today is Thursday 01-05-2023 || 81F 41%RH || Day 41 Flower|| 0 Days Since Watering || 0 Days Since Top Dress w/GeoFlora Bloom

The ladies in flower are chugging along but GDP and GSC are showing what I think is a Cal/Mag deficiency. Anyone looking at this care to guess what's going on? At this point they're 6 full weeks into flower so I'm not going crazy trying to turn things around, though I did give them all some Cal/Mag tonight. I typically supplement Cal/Mag all the way along and didn't with these, though I did give them epsom salts for magnesium. I'm trying different things out and am learning from this grown. Overall I'm happy, just trying to get better. I need to remember with high powered LED's they need more Cal/Mag

LA Confidential
IMG_7508.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies
IMG_7509.JPG

Acapulco Gold
IMG_7510.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple
IMG_7511.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_7512.JPG

Some of the rust edges and a couple of leaf markings on GDP
IMG_7513.JPG

More rust on the edges of GDP
IMG_7514.JPG

Today is Thursday 01-05-2023 || 81F 41%RH || Day 41 Flower|| 0 Days Since Watering || 0 Days Since Top Dress w/GeoFlora Bloom

The ladies in flower are chugging along but GDP and GSC are showing what I think is a Cal/Mag deficiency. Anyone looking at this care to guess what's going on? At this point they're 6 full weeks into flower so I'm not going crazy trying to turn things around, though I did give them all some Cal/Mag tonight. I typically supplement Cal/Mag all the way along and didn't with these, though I did give them epsom salts for magnesium. I'm trying different things out and am learning from this grown. Overall I'm happy, just trying to get better. I need to remember with high powered LED's they need more Cal/Mag

LA Confidential
IMG_7508.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies
IMG_7509.JPG

Acapulco Gold
IMG_7510.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple
IMG_7511.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_7512.JPG

IMG_7513.JPG

IMG_7514.JPG
@meffa things look fantastic my friend! Being this far into flower, my guess is maybe Potassium deficiency. I'm not quite that master gardener yet but something to ponder maybe?

@meffa things look fantastic my friend! Being this far into flower, my guess is maybe Potassium deficiency. I'm not quite that master gardener yet but something to ponder maybe?
Thanks R-Man! The plants have been really cooperating and this is basically one of my best grows to date as far as everything staying really green with good bud development and no PM in sight (knock on wood).

I brewed a tea two weeks ago with worm castings and some dry amendments that were high in K just because they were entering the peak period, but that may have been a bit too early and it may not have had enough nutrient power needed. Oh well... lol I'm using GeoFlora Bloom and that by itself should be all that's needed but they're all different living plants which is what makes this craft such a never ending search for perfection!

Omg your garden looks so beautiful. I personally wouldn’t change anything based on just a couple of dodgy leaves. I would watch and wait.

I love how seriously you take plant health :)
Thanks Trala, I try! Yea with them being pretty far along I'm not too worried. :theband:

Today is Monday 01-09-2023 || 78F 40%RH || Day 45 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watering || 4 Days Since Top Dress w/GeoFlora Bloom

It's always a good sign when you have to deploy the yo-yo's! Gelato OG is the only one standing on her own at this point, though her colas are really thick with long white pistils like I haven't seen before, makes me think of what a cheese strain might look like. I haven't grown any cheese strains before so I'm just guessing. :p I grew Gelato OG last year and don't remember the pistils being like this and I'm wondering if it's due to stronger lighting, or probably just the nature of different seed different plant? Last year I flowered her in the 4x4 under a 200w LED, this year she's sharing a 600w LED with GDP. Oh well whatever it is it's pretty cool seeing all those white spaghetti wormlike pistils!

@Renaissance Man I think you were right with thinking Potassium is what's causing the leaf edges to turn color. I fed them liquid kelp two days in a row for the home stretch. I used liquid kelp and humic acid my last 4 grows and had great results but wanted to try the less is more approach to see if there's a significant difference. I'll have to look back to see how things were going at this stage the last few grows. The one likely unrelated difference that I'm happiest about is zero PM so far! 🙏

The group in veg is coming along after their up-pot last week and second topping. A couple have their 2nd node up enough to top again but I'm going to give them a few more days before their third and final haircut. I think they're still pissed at me for keeping them in those 1gl pots for so long! I don't think I've topped three times yet, pretty sure I keep planning to but end up stopping at 2 times. Bubba Kush and possibly the two Super OG's will probably stay as they are because they're smaller growing plants, but Do-Si-Dos and God Father OG are are definitely on my hit list with their longer node spacing eating up valuable headroom. I ended up discarding Vanilla Kush and one of the OMG's due to space constraints, so we're looking at eight plants for the next run.

I needed some grow bags for the next run and ordered 7gl and 10gl. Not sure I'm going to use the 10gl but I'm considering it. Wondering if it'll make a difference in the bottom line?

(2) Do-Si-Dos, (2) God Father OG, (2) Super OG, (1) OMG, (1) Bubba Kush
IMG_7521.JPG
IMG_7522.JPG

LA Confidential
IMG_7525.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies
IMG_7526.JPG

Acapulco Gold
IMG_7527.JPG

Gelato OG with her out of control pistils!
IMG_7528.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple - She's stacked! Almost couldn't find a spot and had to go pretty low to attach the yo-yo's
IMG_7530.JPG

It’s like a ring of roses!

🌹⭕🌹⭕🌹⭕
They're holding hands playing ring around the rosie! I've been calling it the wheel of weed! Where the pots are heavier now that they're in 3gl pots having them on the lazy susan makes life easier and less stress on the ole back!

LA Confidential
IMG_7508.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies
IMG_7509.JPG

Acapulco Gold
IMG_7510.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple
IMG_7511.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_7512.JPG

IMG_7513.JPG

IMG_7514.JPG
Those cupping leaves and light tips are saying high light and or heat.
That's the timing for it.
She's stacked! Almost couldn't find a spot and had to go pretty low to attach the yo-yo's
Love that talk! What a plant!

Those cupping leaves and light tips are saying high light and or heat.
I had a feeling it was the light. I've been keeping temps around 79-80 but the lights are closer than I'd like and I'm out of headroom!

@StoneOtter Do you have the filling tool for your Mighty? So simple yet so perfect! I still haven't touched the PAX since I got the Mighty.
I grind into aluminum vials around 7 grams at a time. About the size of a thin jar of spice so it drops in pretty clean. The filler is a good tool though! makes it just right! Just cleaned my heads this week and back to tasting fresh again.

I grind into aluminum vials around 7 grams at a time. About the size of a thin jar of spice so it drops in pretty clean. The filler is a good tool though! makes it just right! Just cleaned my heads this week and back to tasting fresh again.
That's funny I bought aluminum vials for the different strains and grind up a bunch too! I was shaking it out into the oven from the vial but it wasn't going so great for me. OMG, cleaning the top head unit is so much easier than the PAX and getting spares like you mentioned is a no-brainer. I think I've been using the Mighty too much simply because it's there and it's such a joy to use! :laughtwo:

Today is Saturday 01-14-2023 || 78F 40%RH || Day 50 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watering || 9 Days Since Top Dress w/GeoFlora Bloom

Well we're getting there! Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way. Thanks to you I'm much obliged, for such a pleasant stay. But now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way............. sorry Led Zeppelin's Ramble On popped into my head! Today was a wake-and-bake day and I'm still buzzed...:bongrip:

The group in flower are coming along and leaves are starting to fade and fall after 7 weeks of 12/12, along with pistils starting to turn color. Acapulco Gold is really colorful in person and she's dominated by orange colors.

The group in veg are growing again after their up-pot and second topping. I've been messing around with bending their branches down and twisted back towards itself. I saw a pic of a plant that was trained in a circular direction, reminded me of a tornado and I had vision of doing something like that. I bought two 4x4 scrog nets for the 4x8 flower tent and I might just try them out for the second run. It'll be my first time scrogging but I've been seeing all of these scrog setups with tons of flowers and figure it's my time to give it a shot! I'm at least hoping it'll help me open up the plants for better light penetration.

Acapulco Gold
IMG_7545.JPG

LA Confidential
IMG_7546.JPG

Girls Scout Cookies
IMG_7547.JPG

Grand Daddy Purple
IMG_7548.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_7549.JPG

The eight is enough bunch in veg playing ring around the rosie and patiently waiting for their turn to flower
IMG_7550.JPG

Back
Top Bottom