MegaCrop vs other products

Hello, I was wondering how MegaCrop compares to say, terra canna, bio bizz etc, is it as good? I'm planning to switch.

I'm growing In terra canna professional, can I use mega Crop in this media? Should I still follow canna recommendation 5.8 - 6.2ph?
I know people who use it in coco. I'm a soil grower who USED to use the FFOF Soil Trio. MegaCrop is better and much easier. Hope that helps

I'm not familiar with terra canna professional, but the biggest advantage of MC is that it's just one thing rather than multiple bottles. Like any other nutrient product, once you figure out how to use it, it works well.

I'm sure you can use it as folks use it in soil, soilless, coco, and hydro, and if pH'ing your nutes is something you've had success with using other nutrients, do the same with MC.

there is a near majority of folk now using it. go check out the green leaf website for how it works.
check the skinny line in my sig.

I just use Flower Fuel in bloom, cheap and no negative side effects X 12 grows.

are running it in tandem with mc or anything ?

I run it with full strength Mega Crop but only half the time. Every 4 waterings I use Flower Fuel twice. Last grow was Alaskan Purple Auto and it yielded 15 Zips.
so you're on mc/mc/mc/ff/ff ?

edit: that kinda sounds like a kidnapping when i look at it lol :p

I run it with full strength Mega Crop but only half the time. Every 4 waterings I use Flower Fuel twice. Last grow was Alaskan Purple Auto and it yielded 15 Zips.
I am highly intrigued by this. On their website they talk about using advanced chelating agents in their bloom superfood... it sure looks like it might be a complete bloom replacement for MC. What has made you decide to go half time between the products?

so you're on mc/mc/mc/ff/ff ?

edit: that kinda sounds like a kidnapping when i look at it lol :p
I go MC/FF, MC, MC/FF, MC.

I haven't tried running it every water like MC. @Emilya or one of the mad scientists may know more. I only run it on Autos but it really kicks the bud in high gear.

Here are the average sized buds I got off the Alaskan Purple. That's the large grey WalMart tote. Buds were longer than my forearm and I'm 6'4".

IMG_20200825_150112.jpg

I haven't tried running it every water like MC. @Emilya or one of the mad scientists may know more. I only run it on Autos but it really kicks the bud in high gear.

Here are the average sized buds I got off the Alaskan Purple. That's the large grey WalMart tote. Buds were longer than my forearm and I'm 6'4".
It definitely worked for you, there is no denying that! What intrigues me is that they suggest using that product as a supplement to a base nutrient, but you are letting the base nutrients go almost randomly, to only give this stuff, which is PK and all kinds of other good stuff other than nutes. Obviously your plants love it. There is something here to learn... not sure what yet... but this is certainly intriguing.

sweet. thanks.

your victim didn't struggle as much ... :p

i'm definitely making note. great job. what grow style are you running @Apoc ?

I am highly intrigued by this. On their website they talk about using advanced chelating agents in their bloom superfood... it sure looks like it might be a complete bloom replacement for MC. What has made you decide to go half time between the products?
Hi Em thanks for the help you've given people.

Flower Fuel is 1-34-32 and I was afraid every water was enough to cause a lockout. I have gone 1/2 strength every water no problem.

Bloom explosion by Greenleaf is 0-33-37 and 1gm gallon mid bloom and 1.5gm late bloom so every watering with that amount of Flower Fuel should be interchangeable.

GreenLeaf actually looks a lot less expensive so I'll probably switch but the Flower fuel was a gift so I used it.

It definitely worked for you, there is no denying that! What intrigues me is that they suggest using that product as a supplement to a base nutrient, but you are letting the base nutrients go almost randomly, to only give this stuff, which is PK and all kinds of other good stuff other than nutes. Obviously your plants love it. There is something here to learn... not sure what yet... but this is certainly intriguing.
I use Flower Fuel with full strength MC but every other feeding full strength or every feeding half strength. I'll adjust to every feeding at 1-1.5gm a gallon this run.

I add Superthrive every 4th feeding and Cal/Mag as needed. One plant per 4'-4'-6' tent with a Budget LED 250w and a Mars Hydro ts600 100w wall draw. I could run two plants but frankly I have to much medicine (way to much) lol.

I top at 6th node (5th might be more manageable). I LST from early on and tie down with pipe cleaners. I have to adjust LST 2-3 times a grow.

I trim 6-8 leaves once a week in veg and in flower. For autos that seems to give a little more veg and flower time. I have lollypopped one plant and got 14.5 zips that was Lowryder 2 auto.

Hope that helps, feel free to hit me with questions.

that's great @Apoc

i ran AN similar with their supplements. i ran the supplements on the "water" side of a f/f/w feed sched.
i have not run a water in my feed schedule for a while since starting mc.

i'm rethinking now, and will probably adopt and add BE on a water side, with your measurements top of mind in flower.

Back
Top Bottom