MegsyB & MikeBgrowing's Second Grow - AMS Seeds - 3 Strains - Bianca - GC - Pineapple

Re: MegsyB & MikeBgrowing's Second Grow - AMS Seeds - 3 Strains - Bianca - GC - Pinea

...for soil, I mean. I referred to this chart when I started out with hydroponics.

Well I ph between 6.5 and 7 do you think I should make it less acidic for the next plain watering ? Or more acidic sorry I'm still learning ... and I appreciate you helping me :)

Re: MegsyB & MikeBgrowing's Second Grow - AMS Seeds - 3 Strains - Bianca - GC - Pinea

No problem! I enjoy it, plus I'm trying to bring up my post count so I don't look like such a noob lol. I will have been growing for seven years next month, but I learned by reading books and mags.

You never ph plain water. ph only matters if there are nutes in it, and ph matters more and more, exponentially, as nute ppm's increase. Anyway, I like where your head's at... that is a perfect ph for the veg stage.

For what it's worth, I'm on my 3rd Bianca from AMS using LED (Mars300) and with Happy Frog soils. This is by far my best grow so here's my advice. LED's require more Cal/Mag. MarsHydro suggests it and I've read the same from other sources. Once she's in a 5 gal pot and I start nutes (GH Flora trio) I always add 1 tsp CaliMagic to my 1 gal of water. That pic looks like a cal/mag deficiency to me. I'm using HF Potting soil, HF Ocean Forest and MG's perlite. 50/50-ish on the soil with 1 part perlite per 3 parts soil. For me, this is a winning combo (finally) with this strain and I couldn't be happier. I suspect you'll see an improvement now that you've added some cal/mag.

For what it's worth, I'm on my 3rd Bianca from AMS using LED (Mars300) and with Happy Frog soils. This is by far my best grow so here's my advice. LED's require more Cal/Mag. MarsHydro suggests it and I've read the same from other sources. Once she's in a 5 gal pot and I start nutes (GH Flora trio) I always add 1 tsp CaliMagic to my 1 gal of water. That pic looks like a cal/mag deficiency to me. I'm using HF Potting soil, HF Ocean Forest and MG's perlite. 50/50-ish on the soil with 1 part perlite per 3 parts soil. For me, this is a winning combo (finally) with this strain and I couldn't be happier. I suspect you'll see an improvement now that you've added some cal/mag.

Thanks so much and yes the more I look into it I believe it's a cal mag issue and it's only on the two leaves I first noticed it and since I been giving the cal mag it has not worsened .. this will be my second grow and the secret no time growing Pineapple Express from AMS seeds and we friggen love it awesome smoke totally baked lol :) so we doing two of those this time and three Bianca's and I am excited to smoke her lol good luck with yours !

How's the Bianca smoke ? And using the good soil when do you usually start nutes I was gonna start beginning of veg week 4

How's the Bianca smoke ? And using the good soil when do you usually start nutes I was gonna start beginning of veg week 4

I'm no connoisseur and only use it for insomnia and spasms but I like it. First grow was better than my second. I really screwed up my 2nd but I have high hopes for this 3rd one. Here's my notes on the veg cycle.

5/22 V-1 Transplanted to quart sized container. Removed pellet mesh. Soil soaked — no nutes.
5/24 V-3 Looks fine. Soil still moist. 24" Light. RH 35-45%. Temps 73-82.
5/26 V-5 Pot getting lighter. May need water tomorrow.
5/27 V-6 Watered (plain)
6/01 V-11 Starting to show some growth. Watered (plain) 20% run off.
6/02 V-12 New leaves grew overnight!
6/04 V-14 2 WEEKS — First node, true leaves. She's starting to take off.
6/06 V-16 Watered (plain). 3rd node developing.
6/10 V-20 3rd node looking good. May need water tomorrow.
6/11 V-21 3 WEEKS — Watered (plain) Leaves broadening. Looks great.
6/14 V-24 Topped 4th node, removed to bottom most fans. Watered (plain)
6/17 V-27 Watered (plain) Pruned lowest side branches
6/18 V-28 4 WEEKS — Transplanted into 5 gal. Watered 4 cups (plain) around transplant area. Light 21"
6/20 V-30 Watered 1 quart PH correct — NO nutes.
6/22 V-32 DAMNIT!!! Pruned lower branches (leafy ones!) 1 of 4 future cola stems broke. :(
6/23 V-33 Cola stem removed. Gallon of PH correct water with 3/4 tsp of CalMag
6/24 V-34 Topped tallest of 3 remaining main colas.
6/27 V-37 Looks good. Good color and new growth.
6/29 V-39 Removed two large 3 leaf fans from very bottom. Gallon of PH correct water with 3/4 tsp of CalMag
7/02 V-42 Looks great, new growth — topped cola almost caught up with other two.
7/03 V-43 PRUNED LOWER GROWTH.
7/06 V-46 Gallon PH correct with 1 tsp CaliMag & 2 tsp of Flora Grow. Pruned lower fan leaves.
7/08 V-48 Pruned two lower, inner small growth branches. Plant looks great!
7/09 V-49 Pruned several middle growth shoots.
7/13 V-53 Gallon PH correct with 1 tsp CaliMagic & 2 tsp Flora Grow.

I didn't start any nutes other than CaliMagic until day 46 of veg. I'm attributing that to the soil. :)

This is her at day 35-40 of flower. I consider flower the day of 12/12 switch and I say 35-40 because my timer screwed up. It had a 15 minute window during the dark cycle of 12/12 where the light turned on for the first 5 days. I assume it prevented true flowering to occur so after that discovery I let her go dark for 16 straight hours and then continued the 12/12.

BiancaF40.jpg

This is her at day 35-40 of flower. I consider flower the day of 12/12 switch and I say 35-40 because my timer screwed up. It had a 15 minute window during the dark cycle of 12/12 where the light turned on for the first 5 days. I assume it prevented true flowering to occur so after that discovery I let her go dark for 16 straight hours and then continued the 12/12.

BiancaF40.jpg

Looking great too me can't wait to see how they turn out ... I did some training today on my five girls and gave them another dose of calmag !!!

Sorry Meg, i been outta town. I was gonna suggest the calmag LED connection. Glad others are chiming in. My local hydro guy told me 3 weeks to let the nutes already in HF get used/ run out. Thats what i did for my clones and seedling. Started 1/4 nutes at 3 weeks & BOOM!

Sorry Meg, i been outta town. I was gonna suggest the calmag LED connection. Glad others are chiming in. My local hydro guy told me 3 weeks to let the nutes already in HF get used/ run out. Thats what i did for my clones and seedling. Started 1/4 nutes at 3 weeks & BOOM!

Good morning agemon no problem hope you had a nice vacation ! I looked at my journal book I wrote for my last grow and I am going to start nutes this Sunday that will be start of veg week 4 !! The girls are doing well and Eva seems to be recovering from her cal-mag issue and I did some training yesterday and I topped them all over a week ago or so and they are doing well I assume first time topping so curious to see how they turn out . I will post pics of the girls Sunday week 4 ... Happy growing and smokin ;) !

Great news! I moved my BB into1/2 gallon pot. She grew overnight too! I topped it a couple days ago, i screwed up, took one of her top fans off too. Not sure whats gonna happen now... i like having my written journal to consult. I been eating brownies today.

Good morning 420 friends . update on the girls, they seem to be having small issues but I think I have corrected some of it with cal-mag but think they need nutes so gave them small amount of grow big today I really hope they take well to it I am praying .. I also gave them their first trim today because yesterday was 4 week mark in veg for them although Moana I think is like week 3 not sure ..

420-magazine-mobile674335507.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2124480763.jpg
420-magazine-mobile829522285.jpg
420-magazine-mobile970126063.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1513104191.jpg

This last picture is of my tomato plants I gave them the grow big in the begging of their veg stage two plants over 40 tomatos between then just starting to turn red lol just wanted everyone to see what fox farm nutes does for our veggies too lol
420-magazine-mobile1630969570.jpg

Happy growing thanks for checking out my girls!!

Your ladies are looking top notch there, Megsy! :high-five:
And all of a sudden, I have this craving for a bacon tomato sandwich :yummy:

Your ladies are looking top notch there, Megsy! :high-five:
And all of a sudden, I have this craving for a bacon tomato sandwich :yummy:

Haha sounds good to me too lol and yes girls seem to be doing good they getting big we gonna try to veg 8 weeks we will see Eva is tall lol post pics Monday of week five veg !

Hey all I need some advice I was doing some reading about fimming and it says that before flower I can fim my top two colas on each plant and that it will create the rest of my plant to bush out and buds fatten up they will be week 5 Sunday and we hoping to veg 8 weeks do you think I should try fimming my two main colas on my biggest girl will it affect her or help her ????

Hey all I need some advice I was doing some reading about fimming and it says that before flower I can fim my top two colas on each plant and that it will create the rest of my plant to bush out and buds fatten up they will be week 5 Sunday and we hoping to veg 8 weeks do you think I should try fimming my two main colas on my biggest girl will it affect her or help her ????

I did that on my last flower. Topped one of the colas. It stretched into two tops. Twins but they were shorter, than the rest. Id try it again. How many tops you gonna fim?

Update on the girls they are on week 5 veg ! They are doing great seem to be handling the nutes a little better this grow but I also cut back on how I was feeding them. I love growing it's such a learning process. Here is some pics of the ladies .

Moana - Pineapple Express
420-magazine-mobile719597072.jpg

Olga - Bianca
420-magazine-mobile1821933275.jpg

Eva - Bianca ( we topped her like the rest but we bent her tops and topped again!
420-magazine-mobile1274919844.jpg

Irma - Bianca
420-magazine-mobile1866102259.jpg

Matilda - Pineapple Express
420-magazine-mobile754415066.jpg

Thanks for checking them out ! Happy growing :)

Back
Top Bottom