Day 28
I'm having trouble uploading my pics. I'm using my new phone, and I'm having the same problem I usually have with my tablet.
The first one or two will work properly, but then, after I've selected the next Pic in my gallery it will go back to the upload pics screen but the pic won't load. It just sits there like it's waiting for me to select the pic.
This only happens when I use a mobile device rather than my computer.
Anyone else experience this?
I've managed to get the pics of Dolores on here, so I'll put them up now.

I can't connect to my computer to upload them through there right now, I'll have to get a new cord. I'll try to get them up later.

They do look like they've made through the awkward phase into lovely healthy veggers. Are you feeling happier with them, Mel?
I haven't tried posting pics from my phone. I always plug the phone into the computer and do it that way. What a weird and frustrating bug.

They seem to be stabilising and looking much better after the early leaf issue. Hopefully, they'll be rocketing from here!
They do, and I'm really happy about that!
I'm planning to give them another week or so, and then flip.
They do look like they've made through the awkward phase into lovely healthy veggers. Are you feeling happier with them, Mel?
I haven't tried posting pics from my phone. I always plug the phone into the computer and do it that way. What a weird and frustrating bug.
Yes I am!
I was plugging my old phone into my computer and uploading the pics from there. The problem is it's an old computer, so it doesn't have a USB C port on it. The cord the new phone came with is USB C on both ends.
However, I can e-mail the pics to myself and post them from the computer.
Like this!
Here are Delilah's pics from yesterday.

They look much better Mel!

Looking forward. :Rasta:

Day 29
I had to cut a couple of the fans off Delilah as tucking them had caused water to build up on the leaves.
Dolores is just about ready for a drink today, and Delilah isn't far behind.
Looks like she'll be ready for her final pot soon.
I'll be moving them up to 3 gallon fabric pots soon, and after a week to stretch their legs in there, I'll flip them.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah
@Barney's Farm @Herbies Seeds

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

They look much better Mel!

Looking forward. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!

They do, and I'm really happy about that!
I'm planning to give them another week or so, and then flip.

Yes I am!
I was plugging my old phone into my computer and uploading the pics from there. The problem is it's an old computer, so it doesn't have a USB C port on it. The cord the new phone came with is USB C on both ends.
However, I can e-mail the pics to myself and post them from the computer.
Like this!
Here are Delilah's pics from yesterday.

That worked she looks great.
Hope everything is going well Mel. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Day 30
As you can see in the pics they both needed to be watered. I did so, and now I'll wait a day or a few before I transplant them to 3 gallon pots, so long as no further issues pop up to derail that plan.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

That worked she looks great.
Hope everything is going well Mel. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
Everything's going well here right now.

Have a great day!

Mel,

I've had strawberries for 2 years now. This year I yielded 1. Last year, maybe 6. What is the trick and where am I messing up?

BTW, agree with GDB, girls look much better!!

Mel,

I've had strawberries for 2 years now. This year I yielded 1. Last year, maybe 6. What is the trick and where am I messing up?

Hi @Krissi Carbone strawberry plants only last a few years, that's why they make runners
Did you pollenate the flowers 🐝

Hey @Melville Hobbes plants are looking much better, guess the @Remo Nutrients are working

Delilah is looking great but even the new growth on Dolores still has those bronze edges. Maybe this next upcan will finally put that all behind!
Thanks Shed!
I'll try out the macro setting this afternoon to take a real closeup of the newest leaves. She's starting to pick up the pace a bit.
Mel,

Lol, apparently you have to abuse them a bit!
We got a grand total of 4 berries from 3 plants outdoors this year, and I've had that many so far indoors even though the plant isn't doing so well.
At least the squirrels and rabbit can't get at these ones!

Hi @Krissi Carbone strawberry plants only last a few years, that's why they make runners
Did you pollenate the flowers
All I do is pot them up pot them then stick the runners in the soil and I get one fruit and then nothing.
Lol, apparently you have to abuse them a bit!
We got a grand total of 4 berries from 3 plants outdoors this year, and I've had that many so far indoors even though the plant isn't doing so well.
At least the squirrels and rabbit can't get at these ones!
Lmao abuse it is!

All I do is pot them up pot them then stick the runners in the soil and I get one fruit and then nothing.

Lmao abuse it is!
Even though you think they need lots of fertilizer, to make Big berries, strawberry plants don't
here are some https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/hydroponic-strawberry.457747/ try some of your bone meal don't get crazy with the nitrogen

Edit Strawberries like to be kept moist, not wet when producing
strawberries can go down to -40c with ground cover & planted at ground level
they come in different varieties
June bearing, will make tons in June
Everbearing will make a batch in June & sept. (If your zone is warm enough)
Day light neutral are the one you should be growing in the house They will produce berries thru the grow season

Do Strawberries like a lot of water? I have a friend who grows them and she has lots of fruit. She gets lei water from a canal and that's how she irrigates her garden. We have just come out of winter. Where she lives the temps can go down close to zero C and in Spring the sunny days warm up to upper twenties. Could it also be due to the variety of Strawb?

Do Strawberries like a lot of water? I have a friend who grows them and she has lots of fruit. She gets lei water from a canal and that's how she irrigates her garden. We have just come out of winter. Where she lives the temps can go down close to zero C and in Spring the sunny days warm up to upper twenties. Could it also be due to the variety of Strawb?
I do know they deal with cold Temps well, but when it comes to water, they didn't seem to mind the dry summer this year.
I don't really know if they like similar conditions to cannabis or not, but I'm thinking I might want to take this plant out of the tent.
It's starting to put out a runner, and I don't want that trying to root in one of the cannabis pots, lol!

Day 31
I took the strawberry plant out of the tent, and switched it with an ornamental we keep outside in the summer, but has to come in for the winter.
Other than that, not much is happening right now.
Oh, I removed the last of the big fans from Delilah. Still had some issues with water collecting between the leaves.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

I'm going to have to learn how to use the macro setting better, or I'm going to use the main camera and zoom in after taking the pic. See if I actually have those 50 mp.

Have a great day!

Day 31
I took the strawberry plant out of the tent, and switched it with an ornamental we keep outside in the summer, but has to come in for the winter.
Other than that, not much is happening right now.
Oh, I removed the last of the big fans from Delilah. Still had some issues with water collecting between the leaves.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

I'm going to have to learn how to use the macro setting better, or I'm going to use the main camera and zoom in after taking the pic. See if I actually have those 50 mp.

Have a great day!
I hate to bring outdoor plants indoors near my grow rooms. best check them for bugs even the soil can harbor eggs that will hatch when you least suspect
surprised you didn't get spider mites or aphids from the strawberry :goodluck:

I hate to bring outdoor plants indoors near my grow rooms. best check them for bugs even the soil can harbor eggs that will hatch when you least suspect
surprised you didn't get spider mites or aphids from the strawberry :goodluck:
It's been inside for a little over a month now, beside an aloe vera. Kind of like a quarantine.
The strawberry brought in fungus gnats, but the BTI product I used seems to have taken care of them. We've never had much in the way of spider mites in our backyard, and this year we only got a few aphids on the milkweed and a thorn bush out front.
In fact we haven't had aphids on the strawberry plants at all.

Back
Top Bottom