Mel's ViparSpectra XS 2000 Sponsored Grow - Blueberry & Northern Lights

Zkittlez is getting crispy, and I still don't know why. I'm tucking the worst leaves as there are still some green ones.

So, Dark Devil is definitely on the list for this summer, and we have 3 for Gorilla and 2 for Sour Diesel so far.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

I’m voting for the Dark Devil, maybe it’s just my Darkside? CL🍀
Noted!
Any opinion on the other pot?
Dark Devil and Gorilla 👍👍
Your votes are counted!
Looking good Mel. I'm well underway now for this seasons grows. I just put Acapulco Gold in the flood and drain today and the five Fuel D.OG seeds I started have all broke the surface of the rapid rooter cubes and will go in the little DIY DWC tupperware until they're ready to go to the big room. I'll start their journal when they go into the tupperware. Please feel free to follow, everyone's welcome.
Thanks gwhunran!
Gorilla and Sour Diesel!
Going against the crowd!
Votes counted!
Dark Devil, never saw gorilla eather.. I am growing sour diesel auto (fast bud) and it's 👍. but I would love to see them two grow..
I saw a pic of Gorilla on Bill's Purple Pics thread, but other than that I haven't seen anyone growing it. That plus the fact that it looks like a strong indica are reasons I'm leaning towards it. On the other hand, Sour Diesel sounds like the pot I had in highschool.
Dark devil and sour diesel have my vote.
Your votes are noted!

Zkittlez is getting crispy, and I still don't know why. I'm tucking the worst leaves as there are still some green ones.

So, Dark Devil is definitely on the list for this summer, and we have 3 for Gorilla and 2 for Sour Diesel so far.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Noted!
Any opinion on the other pot?

Your votes are counted!

Thanks gwhunran!

Going against the crowd!
Votes counted!

I saw a pic of Gorilla on Bill's Purple Pics thread, but other than that I haven't seen anyone growing it. That plus the fact that it looks like a strong indica are reasons I'm leaning towards it. On the other hand, Sour Diesel sounds like the pot I had in highschool.

Your votes are noted!
Sour Diesel and Dark Devil. CL🍀

Have you tried flushing the old nutes out of the soil? Could be a build-up over the grow locking out new nutes.

Also, I vote Gelato and Strawberry Cheesecake along with the DDA. Maybe I'm just hungry though.
CBD Lemon auto
Is that a CBD Lemon Potion Auto? If it is I'll repeat what I said to Nev last year:
I don't think those are consistent with their advertised ratios. I grew one about 3 years ago and no one was impressed, and BeezLuiz had his lab tested and it came back with no CBD and not much THC either:
The Lemon Potion was advertised at 8% THC and 15% CBD. My lab results came back at 8.6% THC, but CBD was ND (not detected).
Still might be a mellow smoke if you need one handy! If not I'd give it a pass.

Have you tried flushing the old nutes out of the soil? Could be a build-up over the grow locking out new nutes.
I'll give it a shot, but it's never worked for me before.
Of course this is the first time I've grown Zkittlez, so maybe it'll work out.
Also, I vote Gelato and Strawberry Cheesecake along with the DDA. Maybe I'm just hungry though.
Your votes are noted!
Is that a CBD Lemon Potion Auto? If it is I'll repeat what I said to Nev last year:
I don't think those are consistent with their advertised ratios. I grew one about 3 years ago and no one was impressed, and BeezLuiz had his lab tested and it came back with no CBD and not much THC either:

Still might be a mellow smoke if you need one handy! If not I'd give it a pass.
Nope. No potion.
It's one of the in house strains sold by @Herbies Seeds
Here's a link to it.

They've both been flushed. Hopefully it helps.
I'm thinking the soil might have been contaminated during its time in the garage given every plant it's been used on has had problems.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Sour Diesel and Dark Devil. CL🍀
Aha!
Now Sour Diesel and Gorilla are tied!

To keep the humidity in the tent from reaching 99-100% I had to leave the exhaust fan on all day.
Unfortunately that coincided with some circumstances that kept the house thermostat warmer than it should have been.
As a consequence the temp in the tent got down to 16⁰C.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

That's really a sudden change from just last Monday. I hope flushing at least will breathe a little life into them!

Phewf, that's good!
Thanks Shed.
No change so far.

Girls were thirsty today. Right now it seems like they're running out of nutrients before they run low on water. Very strange.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

The summer grow was the real test!

Which reminds me. I've got a question for you guys.
I'm definitely running a Lemon Kush photoperiod in the ground, and a CBD Lemon auto in a pot this coming summer. I have two more pots open for autos, so I'm trying to decide which to grow.
The strains I have seeds for are Gorilla (not Gorilla Glue, just Gorilla), Gelato, Dark Devil, Sour Diesel, Blueberry, Blackberry, and Strawberry Cheesecake.
I've got the Blueberry photo going, and I still have some Blackberry in my jars, so I don't want to grow them this time.
Any opinions on what I should grow?
I'm leaning towards Gorilla and Dark Devil.
Omg strawberry cheesecake!

🍓 🧀 🍰

I love cheesecake so much. Like legit favourite dessert!

No better, but they don't seem any worse either.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Sorry your plants are having a tough time Mel. I hope that the flush has helped.
Thanks Carmen.
They're no worse today, so that's good.
Can you track anything different that happened recently?
I attempted to switch to bottom watering, but I gave it up. That doesn't really coincide with the issue starting or getting worse though.
Other than that, nothing.
Omg strawberry cheesecake!

🍓 🧀 🍰

I love cheesecake so much. Like legit favourite dessert!
Well, I'll count that as a second vote for Strawberry Cheesecake, lol.
3 Gorilla
3 Sour Diesel
2 Strawberry Cheesecake
So far.
Omg only you could make crispy plants look good!

Your photography el Beardo. On fleek.
I'm glad you like it, though I'd prefer they looked boring and healthy!

An Epsom salt-water foliar often halts my burning leaves, and it doesn't really hurt anything if Mag def isn't the issue - as long as you don't go bananas and saturate the soil with it. Helped tremendously with my last grow just before I flipped to flower, ymmv.

20230102_064219.jpg

Luckily it didn't get any worse. Hope flush will help. 🥲

Blueberry buds are swelling a bit, and Zkittlez looks like she put out a new set of stigmas or two at the tips of the buds.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

An Epsom salt-water foliar often halts my burning leaves, and it doesn't really hurt anything if Mag def isn't the issue - as long as you don't go bananas and saturate the soil with it. Helped tremendously with my last grow just before I flipped to flower, ymmv.

20230102_064219.jpg
Thanks RR.
I'm using magnesium nitrate with the MC based on Shed's recommendation, so magnesium shouldn't be the issue. I don't really want to spray anything right now as the humidity is getting higher than I'd like during lights off, but it might've helped before the flip.
Luckily it didn't get any worse. Hope flush will help. 🥲
Thanks Val.
So do I.

Hey Mel,

Sorry I can't be any help diagnosing the leaves.

I remembered asking my grandson what I should grow this year, I had already decided on Acapulco Gold, Golden Tiger, and Blueberry but couldn't make up my mind on the last one. :rolleyes: He said to grow "Sour Diesel." :cheer: I was looking for Sour Diesel when I came across the Fuel D.OG and picked that instead.:rolleyes:
So after all that, I voting for Sour Diesel. :thumb:

And as we all know, I have many personalities and for once me and my other personalities are all in agreement, we all vote Strawberry Cheesecake

So that’s another 189 votes for Strawberry Cheesecake.

🍓🧀🍰FTW

I decided to change to a different bud on the Blueberry for the pic. The buds are slowly building again, and it's easier to see on the buds off to the side.
Otherwise not much is changing.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

The buds are making progress while the yellowing doesn't progress... excellent!
Let's hope it stays that way!
Hey Mel,

Sorry I can't be any help diagnosing the leaves.

I remembered asking my grandson what I should grow this year, I had already decided on Acapulco Gold, Golden Tiger, and Blueberry but couldn't make up my mind on the last one. :rolleyes: He said to grow "Sour Diesel." :cheer: I was looking for Sour Diesel when I came across the Fuel D.OG and picked that instead.:rolleyes:
And that puts Sour Diesel in the lead!
Thanks gwhunran!
And as we all know, I have many personalities and for once me and my other personalities are all in agreement, we all vote Strawberry Cheesecake

So that’s another 189 votes for Strawberry Cheesecake.

🍓🧀🍰FTW
Lol!
Only one vote per account!
Is it too late for me to change my vote from Gorilla to sour D?
Lol, I guess that puts it out of reach for Gorilla this summer!

So, outdoors I'll be growing Lemon Kush photoperiod, and CBD Lemon, Dark Devil, and Sour Diesel autos.
If any of the autos don't make it, or look like they'll be done early, then we'll have Strawberry Cheesecake and Gorilla waiting in the wings. I might decide to have a friend start SC and G off site to be brought in when some of the others finish, but no promises.

Back
Top Bottom