2x2x6.5
I don't really want to go 12/12 from seed with the Doug's Varin. I'd like to get enough from her to test out different methods of consumption. I guess I have enough small pots around here and there so I could put the others in them, and set up a dark area. Just do 12/12 from seed with them and veg out the DV. Hmm.

I'd have to set things up so I can raise the DV when the others start to stretch, but I did that before with some seedlings and a Bubba. Doable.

I'm not short of bud though. Summer ended badly around here, but I still have a bunch. Maybe I'll keep the DV and a BB cross in larger pots, go with your idea for the rest.

2x2x6.5
I don't really want to go 12/12 from seed with the Doug's Varin. I'd like to get enough from her to test out different methods of consumption. I guess I have enough small pots around here and there so I could put the others in them, and set up a dark area. Just do 12/12 from seed with them and veg out the DV. Hmm.

I'd have to set things up so I can raise the DV when the others start to stretch, but I did that before with some seedlings and a Bubba. Doable.

I'm not short of bud though. Summer ended badly around here, but I still have a bunch. Maybe I'll keep the DV and a BB cross in larger pots, go with your idea for the rest.
Sorry I didn't realize how small it was ,your right.
Hopefully you can figure out how to keep them all.
An extra area would be great.

Stay safe
Bill

They'd still be going into the tent for 12 of lights on.

I did see one other grower do 3 girls in a single one gallon fabric pot somewhere, and I'll have a 3 gallon available. But thinking about it, the HK cross is from an indica dom mother, and the BB cross from a sativa dom. They'll be flowering at different heights. If I do the small pots, I can adjust them more easily to take that into account.

I think that'll be the plan. Doug's Varin and a Bruce Banner cross in 1g, then 3g pots, with the other plants in small pots going 12/12 from seed. I'll be able to clear out the males of the other plants sooner, and still have enough space for a good veg time on the DV.

Last time I did 12/12 from seed the plants only got to about a foot high, so they really shouldn't take up much room at all.

I did see one other grower do 3 girls in a single one gallon fabric pot somewhere, and I'll have a 3 gallon available. But thinking about it, the HK cross is from an indica dom mother, and the BB cross from a sativa dom. They'll be flowering at different heights. If I do the small pots, I can adjust them more easily to take that into account.

I think that'll be the plan. Doug's Varin and a Bruce Banner cross in 1g, then 3g pots, with the other plants in small pots going 12/12 from seed. I'll be able to clear out the males of the other plants sooner, and still have enough space for a good veg time on the DV.

Last time I did 12/12 from seed the plants only got to about a foot high, so they really shouldn't take up much room at all.
A foot high, yeiks.
Did they have a decent light?

Stay safe
Bull

A foot high, yeiks.
Did they have a decent light?

Stay safe
Bull
Lol, no not really. And I didn't really fuss over them. They were under a 45w led table lamp made for growing herbs. The tent had a well trained Blueberry in there filling it from wall to wall, so I just needed to find out if some mystery seeds from my other neighbour's plant were worth growing. Turns out they are. Smelled like candy, nice potency, turned red and gold at the top as they flowered. Maybe I'll grow one outside next season.

Blackberry is harvested, and the seedlings are in the tent, thermometer/hygrometer beside them.
My family doesn't understand, but you guys probably will, how it feels to finally be growing a strain I've wanted to grow since I heard about it.
Blackberry Auto Harvest.jpg

Soil gets sorted tomorrow, little pots standing by.

Huh. She's purple. I've only ever seen this on strains that turned purple in flower.
Doug's Varin 01 Dec 2021.jpg

It's not easy to see in the pic, but she is definitely purple tinted. I'll put another (hopefully better) pic up this evening when the lights come back on, and I get her into a pot.

Huh. She's purple. I've only ever seen this on strains that turned purple in flower.
Doug's Varin 01 Dec 2021.jpg

It's not easy to see in the pic, but she is definitely purple tinted. I'll put another (hopefully better) pic up this evening when the lights come back on, and I get her into a pot.
Very cool Melville.

Stay safe
Bill

What was yield 12/12 from seed

What was yield 12/12 from seed
Since they were so small I got between 22 and 34 grams per plant, 4 plants total. Since it was all for personal use that was plenty. Never got it tested, but it got me high.

Here are a couple of pics under two different light sources. She is definitely purple. The last strain I grew, the Blackberry auto, had purple cotyledons, and her first set of true leaves were green until flower. Strange that the Doug's Varin is showing the opposite. I bet she'll grow out of it, but its interesting.
Doug's Varin 01 Dec 2021 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 01 Dec 2021 2.jpg

I kind of hope she doesn't grow out of it though.

Okay. So I have baseline conditions for the tent now. 24-26 Celsius day temps, 40% rh, and 18-19 C night temps, 60%rh.
Not bad.

One of the HK crosses doesn't look like it's going to make it. I didn't put it in soil since it closed it's leaves back up, and they seem to be turning brown. Ahh well.

The others are doing fine though. Here's a family portrait.
Doug's Varin 02 Dec 2021 family portrait.jpg

Doug's Varin in the centre, HKs across the top, and BBs along the bottom.

And here's DV herself.
Doug's Varin 02 Dec 2021.jpg

Doug's Varin 02 Dec 2021 1.jpg

Looks like the purple is fading a bit. I still wonder if it'll return in flower.

I also just noticed I didn't tag @Weed Seeds Express in the opening. Weird. Better late than never I guess.

Daily update. The purple is definitely fading. But at least she's growing.
Doug's Varin 03 Dec 2021.jpg

Doug's Varin 03 Dec 2021 1.jpg

Both of those are the Doug's Varin, and now the family portrait.
Doug's Varin 03 Dec 2021 Family Portrait.jpg

I've been procrastinating getting the dark area set up to get those girls 12/12 from seed, but I'll get on that today. A few days of full light won't do them any harm.
If I weren't taking daily pics and able to compare I wouldn't think most of them were growing at all, lol.

@ProfessorFlora and @BakedARea both grew (are growing?) multiple strains in one pot.
I was considering trying it, but I think giving the others 12/12 from seed and getting them through to harvest as fast as possible will let me focus better on the Doug's Varin during flower. She might need major training to keep her height down. It's a 6.5 foot tent, but the carbon filter and light cut that down quite a bit.

@BakedARea both grew (are growing?) multiple strains in one pot.
Just for clarification, I was planning on doing multiple auto strains in a much larger garden box. I opted against it for this round. I'm sticking to only my Godzilla Cookies instead. Less variables to screw up right now. Too much crap going on to keep up with multiple varieties and their individual needs.

I'll be planting 3 autos of the same variety in different containers though. Garden box (~12 gallons), 7 gal self watering pot, and 7 gallon nursery pot.

Finally got off my ass and cleared the dark area. Good thing too, because I found my training supplies in there. This means the family portraits will be hit or miss for a while, I move the 12/12 plants right when I get up in the morning, and I won't always remember to take a picture. Today being a prime example :sorry:
Doug's Varin 04 Dec 2021.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Dec 2021 1.jpg

Not sure why she's leaning like that. I'll make sure she's centred under the light this evening at lights on.

Here we are, the family portrait, and where I repositioned the Doug's Varin.
Doug's Varin 04 Dec 2021 Family Portrait.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Dec 2021 Evening.jpg

She's dead centre under the light now. Hopefully that'll take care of that lean.

I'm not too concerned about how cool the tent gets during lights off...yet. But we'll see what happens as we move further into winter. The tent is in the corner of a room over the garage, and cannot be moved. I'm thinking of getting a heat mat to put under there if it keeps getting colder.

My outdoor plants have to deal with fairly low temps at night both when they first go outdoors, and during flower, but I'm not sure how well indoor sativas do. It'll be interesting to find out.

I think I'll just upload the family portraits in the evening when I move them back into the tent. I'm pretty much a zombie before my first cup of coffee.

Slowly growing and a bit straighter than yesterday.
Doug's Varin 05 Dec 2021.jpg

Doug's Varin 05 Dec 2021 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom