Members only section?

beensmokin420

I have seen this on other sites and I though since our community has alot of 'guest' traffic that we could make a "Memebers Only" Forum. A spot for the members to share info w/ other members and not the public eye. I think this would also make people sign up more b/c they just might wanna see whats going on in the members area too :cheesygrinsmiley: I think most members would find it rather nice haveing a spot to talk privatley, kinda a reward for signing up. Best of intentions.

Comments? Q's?

I'm definatly all for this one beensmokin :allgood: I'd like to know what other people think about a memebers only forum I think it's a really good idea :Rasta:

420 has said in the past that he keeps this site free and accessable to everyone to "create cannabis awareness", even for the people who do not wish to sign up.

Also, if you feel you need to hide something from the public the last thing you should do is put it on the internet in any manner.

Also, if you feel you need to hide something from the public the last thing you should do is put it on the internet in any manner.

Damn :hmmmm: I knew someone was gonna say shit about ME wanting to hide something? Nothing I do/suggest on this board is just for ME, its for everyone. Why can't I suggest something w/o people thinking i'm trying to hide something!? I have nothing to hide. Grrrr. It's just for fun.

Don't other people enjoy privacy? I do. I know a members only forum isn't 100% private but its not searchable on google thats for sure! I'd much rather have my grow journals in a members only section, but thats JUST me. Hell bro if you google nirvana white rhino mine is the 3rd or 4th listing that comes up! I'm not worried about security issues, if I was I wouldn't be broadcasting my grow. Its just kinda crazy knowing that if someone google's nirvana white rhino they will see my grow almost indefinetly. Wish I could prevent it but what can I do huh?

It just really seems like my views are much different from other members when it comes to the feedback so I'll keep to myself.:smokin:

Damn :hmmmm: I knew someone was gonna say shit about ME wanting to hide something? Nothing I do/suggest on this board is just for ME, its for everyone. Why can't I suggest something w/o people thinking i'm trying to hide something!? I have nothing to hide. Grrrr. It's just for fun.

Don't other people enjoy privacy? I do. I know a members only forum isn't 100% private but its not searchable on google thats for sure! I'd much rather have my grow journals in a members only section, but thats JUST me. Hell bro if you google nirvana white rhino mine is the 3rd or 4th listing that comes up! I'm not worried about security issues, if I was I wouldn't be broadcasting my grow. Its just kinda crazy knowing that if someone google's nirvana white rhino they will see my grow almost indefinetly. Wish I could prevent it but what can I do huh?

It just really seems like my views are much different from other members when it comes to the feedback so I'll keep to myself.:smokin:

It wasn't a shot at you bro. I was just commenting in general that people who become members might expect more privacy from the members forum which anyone can become a member to. And as you stated if you Google different weed related topics 420mag comes up all the time. Maybe the lurkers can't look at it, but all they would have to do is sign up to view it which is very easy. Why not just have them be able to view it and not respond just as it is now?

I put pictures of my grows up here just like you, I have nothing to hide. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was stepping on your toes but theres a reason why there isn't already a members only area. :peace::allgood:

Nah its all good RooR, I wasn't offended. I just knew it was gonna come off the way it did, guess I should have been more clear. I totally understand your views on this one. I'm am still an amature to this forum so I really dont know whats been tried and what hasn't been tried in the past, gotta learn some how :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know my attitude in that post may have come off negative, im having a rough day with the g/f so I apologize for letting that reflect in my words here.

:allgood:bs420:allgood:

Nah its all good RooR, I wasn't offended. I just knew it was gonna come off the way it did, guess I should have been more clear. I totally understand your views on this one. I'm am still an amature to this forum so I really dont know whats been tried and what hasn't been tried in the past, gotta learn some how :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know my attitude in that post may have come off negative, im having a rough day with the g/f so I apologize for letting that reflect in my words here.

:allgood:bs420:allgood:

Hey no problem here man, I understand completly (women huh! :rolleyes3) I admit too, having looked back at my post, it was kind of short and might have seemed like I was trying to be an ass. I think a Members Only section would be okay I just didn't understand what you were trying to accomplish.

:peace::allgood:-RooRman

I think you could even charge a small fee to join the members only forum area like a few bucks a month. Just a way to show your support for the cause and help the site @ the same time. I just don't think the donations page gets as many hits as it deserves ya know?

I have seen other sites that offer paid memberships as well as free ones, so I suppose that could work.

I wouldnt want the free members to feel left out though. Ah! This is a toughey here RooR! :cheesygrinsmiley: The ultimate goal here would be to raise money for the cause/site and give everyone equal rights, which is exactly whats goin on here already. :hmmmm: LOL, I see it all now! <--Heheee, User :allgood:

you just don't see it.

We used to have that here. They were called green members. They had a few forums that were private to the public and the monthly dues were $4.20 a month. The concept was canned becuase of PayPal sucks ass and froze accounts or something like that.
It might come around again someday, I don't know.

Urdedpal, Oh yeah Paypal sucks ass! They do nothing about consumer rights even when sometimes entrusted with reasonable amounts of money.

beensmokin, I have seen on other sites they give the members and icon near their avatar that marks them as a paid supporter, just an idea I had. I don't think we should leave anyone out, thats why a members section didn't originally appeal to me.

You truly seem genuine in your ideas to support this site that we all enjoy, so I ask myself, how can I not endorse this. :Rasta:

Don't worry Roorman, I am keeping a eye on BS. When its time, I am sure he will be asks to join the mod or grow support ranks.
And Roorman, you just being here helps support the site. I have considered you a friend ever since you joined the site and really watched you blossom with grow knowledge. So props to ya.

:adore::adore: Wow praise from Yoda himself. Graciously honored to accept it. :peace::allgood:

To all the warriors in the war on drugs who have posted on this thread, thank you for all your ideas and discussion on this topic.
I've given this a great deal of thought. I feel the idea of a site that has an us and them attitude can be uninviting to the new comer. Seeing as we are on a mission to bring cannabis awareness to the world, is it not the new members who we are all here for? To share our message with, and our mission. There is no us and them in a mission such as ours IMHO.

Don't worry Roorman, I am keeping a eye on BS. When its time, I am sure he will be asks to join the mod or grow support ranks.
And Roorman, you just being here helps support the site. I have considered you a friend ever since you joined the site and really watched you blossom with grow knowledge. So props to ya.

I'm glad to hear you are 'lookin over my shoulder', UDP!. I wouldnt want to give out any advice that was incorrect, as you may have seen I love helping people with their problems no matter how simple/difficult they are. I enjoy being corrected, means you just learned something. To me there is no better feeling than knowing the advice you gave some actually helped them and they are thankful for it. I can't tell ya how nice it was when I first joined to ask a question and get an aswer your totally confident in trusting. So thanks I appreciate the kind words from you and from RooR. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom