Menière's Disease by Bill Sherman, Ph.D.

Julie Gardener

Menière's Disease by Bill Sherman, Ph.D.​

I have used cannabis since the age of 21. You don't need an account from me of recreational use, I'm sure, but I can attest to its therapeutic use.

I believe it has value in the treatment of Menière's disease, which I have suffered from since 1969. My major attacks have occurred when I was NOT using marihuana–because it was either not easily available or because I chose not to "carry" when travelling. I am convinced that if I had been legally permitted to use cannabis, I would not have suffered the last two attacks of Menière's in 1973 and in 1994, the latter leaving me with greatly increased tinnitus and partial deafness.

Also, after a myocardial in 1987 (also suffered when NOT using marihuana), I asked my cardiologist (who prefers to remain anonymous, even though he is now retired and formerly head of cardiology at a major hospital in Philadelphia) if I should now cease my use of marihuana, and he replied that it was not necessary because it would reduce my stress levels, contains no nicotine, and there was no study linking heart problems to the use of cannabis. This position was subsequently confirmed by EVERY DOCTOR I HAVE CONSULTED SINCE 1987, though not a one wished to go public on this issue.

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom