Mental Illnesses

Hardope

Whats up friendly strangers. First off I'm not really sure if this is where this question/thread belongs but the question in mind has everything to do with strains.

My question is, are there any strains that are specifically known to help with symptoms of depression and anxiety? I know there are better strains that people lean against for ailment of pain, nausea, and appeitite and much more, but I've never really read or seen any info on ones that help cope with mental illness. Any tips would be greatly apreciated.:peace:

Re: Mental Illnesses.

A strong Satvia strain I would say is your best bet. Satvias are more mind altering than Indica strains that give you a body high. Good luck with your search!

I was thinking Sativa as well, but then started thinking that a very uplifting and fast paced high would not go very good with trying to keep anxiety and panic under control. I have no clue though, exactly why I'm asking. :) Thanks for a quick reply.

PS, if any mods feel this should be moved please go ahead and do so, just leave a reply so I can easily figure out where its gone.

I've suffered with chronic depression and anzity, I take 2 anti depresents every day and 4 -(.5 ) zanax a day for anzity. I still take my meds but I started getting use to them after 10 years. I have sence started smoking herb again after a 5 year break and it defently has changed my out look on life. Herb has help a lot for depression and anzity. I'm lucky I can produce my own or the price would break us now days. Just my experance everyone is different.

I use Indica / Sativa crosses It helps with both condation.... not to metion you get HIGH....lol

Excuse my spelling that part of my brain has long time been gone.........

Hey thanks so much olggrowerdude, I'm asking for my girlfriend who has a long history of it in her family, even her dealing with a sibling commiting suicide. She just recently had a breakdown during her first year of med school, going for an ansteeciologist(spelling I know I know). She was hospitalized recently and have started her on Adiven and Lithium. She personally has been smoking straight for the past 4-5 years and swears by it. She hasnt in over a month now, and we're thinking of bringing it up with the doctor. So for right now I'm just trying to figure out which could/would bring the best results. We've been together now for 3 very close to 4 years and all I wanna see is her feel better about everything, like she used to be. Again thanks for the input OGD.

High HD. Your girlfriend doesn't have to be crazy to fail out of med school.
So she won't meet personal and family expectations? This is the end of a childhood dream, not of life.
She will never be the same person she was while taking those drugs you mentioned.

Hi Gator, she didnt fail out of school causing this, her being in the hospital for 2 weeks caused her to have to leave behind school for this semester. Its basically just been life building up causing the break-down. Everything is still so fresh that nothing has been finalized. I really dont want her on the prescriptions cuz like you said she won't be the same, I've seen freinds turn null and void after these, yet who am I to tell her not to take them. Hopefully now that this is in the medical lounge I'm hoping that someone could give some pointers on strains that have been known to help people cope with this... if there are any. Thanks again guys keep the replies comming.

Hey just want to thank everyone again, happykitty and BWC bay area who pointed out some great stuff in the links kitty showed in here. We're gonna try to ease the marijuana thing on the doctor as shes pretty cool and laid back, hopefully we can go abuot this legally and properly so she gets the best out of it. :Rasta: I'd like for people to keep repling as more info and personal expirence will only help us/everyone out. Love the 420 site.:smokin:

I too have issues with anxiety and depression, haven't taken meds in years. I find that a few puffs from any Sativa/Hybrid does the trick for me pretty well, especially from a vaporizer.

hey to all from denmark. i use it to control anxiety,depression and pain, all in one plant. instet off 4-6 driffrent pills i only have to take 1 ..
(Anything Good In Life Is Either Illegal,Immoral Or Fattening)

I will be starting a journal on the grow for her, I've narrowed it down from whateveryones told me to 2 strains, I'm still doin research on everything. I'm gonna look for 2 more and get something going and then go from there. I don't plan on the first ones I pick fixing everything, its gonna take some major tinkering.

I have borderline personality disorder, and pot is the only thing that works for me. I have tried many anti depressants and all of them have horrible side effects.

I have depression & mental illness....Marijuana helps me greatly, I do
take meds, but only a few, & they are needed in my case....pot does
wonders 4 me....I've personally always got the best effects from
Indica/Sativa blends, or I find that 'purple strains' help me a lot, I
like Sativa, but Indica better...I also suffer from anxiety too, if I
smoke, damn...I'm so much better~
PEACE OUT:peace:

Have been using it to self-medicate for 20+ years. It is better than the majority RX medications with the side-effects. It was made illegal over discrimination toward the hispanics entering the US - Randolph Hearst felt threatened. "they" smoke this joint and that became the thing to rant about - "pot smoke, drunk mexicans, blah, blah " - they owned the paper and wrote what they wanted (yellow journalism).
Am so hoping that I get to experience a change in cannibis, hash, hemp, etc soon. Excited even if I live in a 'republican' state'...wth??

I have the same problem with my brother in love who turned schitzo at about 17 and he likes(loves) smoking weed says it makes him feel better, but his parents dont believe him, and well to them it just a drug. The good thing for him is that it helps him relax and go to sleep. He wants to get his mmj recommendation here in cali, do you think they would give him one?

Back
Top Bottom