Mental Illnesses

Re: Mental Illnesses.

Hey man, I was on anti-dep on and off over 10 yrs. When i was off i drank instead. Quit drinking 4 yrs. ago but been on anti-depressants steady since. Doc said i had the worst case of drug-resistant depression she ever dealt with, so i went from one to the other, higher and higher doses, zoloft, celexa, trazadone, risperdol, lithuim, to name a few. For almost 2 yrs. i was like a zombie, didn't hardly leave home except to shop, no friends, nothing. So about 8 mos. ago i tried weed again after long layoff,( the late 70's was when i smoked a lot.) Started smokin around Mar., quit all my medication, all i do now is smoke, and my whole life is now changing. I'm active again, I read a book on growin weed, stuck some seeds in a pot, got excited, bought a computer, got more excited, bought a digital camera, then found out about forums, got more excited, now planning my move to Calif.:surf:, all this from a guy who used to spend 18 hrs. a day lyin in bed, readin or watchin TV. And all possible by quitting the doctors drugs and using mj for my anx., dep, also little PTSD. Sure still have probs. here and there but nothing close to before. Since i always loved gardening, mj now serves as my therapy, spending time growing and learning. I'm starting classes now also. The joy's of growing and pleasure of smoking has given me a total new outlook on life, this is from a guy who a year ago wanted nothing more than to go to sleep and never wake up again, but now i look forward to every day, cant wait to see the ladies:yummy: startin to snow on them. Sorry man didn't mean to write a book but i'm just so happy to have my life back again and i owe it all to mj.:thanks:

I have the same problem with my brother in love who turned schitzo at about 17 and he likes(loves) smoking weed says it makes him feel better, but his parents dont believe him, and well to them it just a drug. The good thing for him is that it helps him relax and go to sleep. He wants to get his mmj recommendation here in cali, do you think they would give him one?
I have mental illness, & part of it includes schizo,+insomnia...&
thats why (along with a few other reasons) I'm precribed medical marijuana+usually my mental illness is wat the doc's look at with me...I'm in Calif....I think yes, they'd prolly give him a prescription...find him a good doc~
PEACE OUT :peace:

I have the same problem with my brother in love who turned schitzo at about 17 and he likes(loves) smoking weed says it makes him feel better, but his parents dont believe him, and well to them it just a drug. The good thing for him is that it helps him relax and go to sleep. He wants to get his mmj recommendation here in cali, do you think they would give him one?

1st your brother has to be an adult in order to secure a recommendation.

I received a recommendation for MMJ because of my anxiety, depression, and all the baggage that follows that shit. According to Doctor Michael Gitter, (if my memory is accurate) roughly 40% of recommendations go to people with similar circumstances. As far as being "schitzo," I am not sure but a conversation w/ a doctor like Gitter would better help you and your brother find a solution. Ah, time for class, good luck.

I am new here but was wondering how your gf is doing? I am bipolar. So far the keif candy is working wonders with me.

1st your brother has to be an adult in order to secure a recommendation.

I received a recommendation for MMJ because of my anxiety, depression, and all the baggage that follows that shit. According to Doctor Michael Gitter, (if my memory is accurate) roughly 40% of recommendations go to people with similar circumstances. As far as being "schitzo," I am not sure but a conversation w/ a doctor like Gitter would better help you and your brother find a solution. Ah, time for class, good luck.

yeah i know hes 23 now he turned schitzo at age 17, but anxiety and depression i know is acceptable but id have to check on the sctizophrenia.?

Another thing is that my in law was trying to get SS but they denied him because his county DR.tested him and stated that he was a druggy because he likes smoking weed and he came out dirty in a drug test, but they act like its worst than the three pills he has to take one to help his anxiety for sleep. So i wanted to see if he could apply for SS with a second Dr's opinion.

I was thinking Sativa as well, but then started thinking that a very uplifting and fast paced high would not go very good with trying to keep anxiety and panic under control.

Been my personal experience - and YMMV for sure, I am no doctor, only my own patient - that any anxiety while using a good sativa have been easily dealt with by reminding myself that there was a cause other than what was coming from my own self. I think I worded that badly, lol. If I suddenly started seeing, smelling, tasting, hearing, etc. altered realities for no discernible reason, I would be freaking out. OTOH, if I were experiencing the same affects but they were because I had just eaten a Central American natural product <TRIES TO LOOK INNOCENT - FAILS>, well, I'd enjoy the weekend:surf:.

One thing about real (pure) sativas is that they take a considerable amount of time to completely mature. You would be well-advised to make sure any sativas that you try ARE mature, as an immaturely-harvested sativa is not only a sad thing, it can have the "hard-hitting heart-racing" affects that might exasperate any tendency toward anxiety.

Hey guys thanks to all, sorry I fell off there for a bit, I tried a couple different strains, White Rhino, Haze, and a strain called Freeze Line from Quebec I got my hands on. I grew them all at different times but done so, so we wouldn't run out of our home grown in between. The haze took stupid forever to finish like you said Torturedsoul. Only I had just read that LOL. I know the breeder said 8-14 weeks but after 15 weeks of budding it just didn't seem cost effective to keep a 600W on just 2 plants. I cut them just when the trics started to barley turn amber but all totally cloudy. She(the real girlfriend lol not the girls under the lights) really didn't like the haze and I ended up smokin most of it, and letting a couple people from work try it. The White Rhino she says really relax's her and I noticed the mood changes from loving to pissed almost went away completly. She isn't as parinooid about everything aswell, like getting behind in school, and self concious like things. She only took the prescribed meds that I mentioned in the beggining of the thread for about 2 months. Honestly those 2 months sucked. I had a zombie I had to leave at home for the time. She knew it too. I know that all seems scatter brained haha. I don't have much time to be on to post a thurough story and don't know when I can pop back on. I was gonna upload some pics of the white Rhino pics that I had on my profile, but appaerently they're not there anymore, whats up with that?

Oh yea, when I do get back on I will post a link to my all indica outdoor grow. 20 Nirvana Papaya seeds, 13 DNA genetics Pure Afghan, and 15 sopposedly 8ball Kush that are from a friends father, whos been in for about 30 years. Cheers people!

Billybudtoker,

I'm so very glad for you knowing that you feel so much better, this why MJ has been used by our forefathers (of most countries) to heal so many different type of illnesses.:bravo::welldone:

High BarBlume,

In the daytime you may want to try a Sativa strain or a nice Sativa/Indica hybrid.

Here's a link that should help you understand what the strains do and how to help you choose the right one. But of course, we all react differently so you will want to sample a few different strains until you find the right ones.

What Medical Marijuana strain is best for your condition, Sativa or Indica?

Glad to have you here with us :circle-of-love:

It has helped me sleep (oh yeah that's another major issue I had), which is a miracle in itself. I also find it levels out my moods tremendously, helps with body pain from the Chronic Fatigue and keeps tourette's under control.

I am glad to read that it has helped the quality of your life!

I was wondering about strains and which would be best for mood disorders without making me too sleepy.

I found Strawberry Cough to be a fairly mild sativa(ish) strain. Might be one to add to the grow room. As with all strains - but especially sativas and sativa-dominants - make sure to not harvest early, as this can add a rushing, paranoia-type effect which might cause your symptoms to occur instead of helping with them (in addition to causing you to lose that end-of-flowering yield addition and hurting the overall strength of the meds). When it comes to sativas and mental... issues (hate to use words like "illness" when it's... just a thing, kind of thing), some people are affected differently than others and a fully-mature harvest is always best.

As Propa Gator mentioned, don't drive if you experience any impairment. It's not worth risking your - and others' - health/safety. If it's a question of spacing out / getting distracted... Yeah, a VERY mild sativa, lol. Incidentally, I had a friend who I would NOT get in the car with if she hadn't had a little bit (of sativa) that day. She was bad about seeing things - such as red lights at busy intersections - but not actually registering WtF they meant (she had rather severe ADHD).

There's always a mountain bike (although that can be dangerous too if you get distracted).

Good luck with your medicating. You might wish to grow a few different strains both to try/compare and so that you can switch from time to time in order to not perceive a lessening of the useful affects over time (happens to some, not to others).

Back
Top Bottom