Metal halide 150W First timer

420Josh

So I'm gonna buy a 150W metal halide light( it's the only type of light the electric store sells, otherwise I think I would have bought a HPS)
It produces 13000 lumens and I'm gonna make a grow box to suit it, Planning on growing 1 or 2 plants maybe more if you think I can
What would be the dimension of a grow box that would suit the bulb to produce the best buds possible?
Based on the dimension of the box I'll buy an exhaust and inlet to suit the space :)
I'll be making the box out of ply wood, I can't get mylar so I'll just paint it white on the inside :)

When growing something 150 watts is not much. I would say you could do one small to medium size plant. If you put this into any kind of tent setup you will need to vent for cooling. The fact that it is not a hps is really not a issue. I have grown with MH for years with excellent results. It should work fine for what your planning on doing.

That is about the right foot print in fact I use a 400 watt over a 24x24 inch area and works pretty good. Your 150 watt will cover the same area but with less light intensity. It will still work but plant growth will be slower and bud density fluffier. Non the less it will work. I use to run 1000 watt lights but have gone down to using 400 watt lights only now. And my main growing is now done with LED lamps. But I still like to use HID stuff for certain types of plants.
A tip: Buy a small 4 inch fan or two and blow them over your ballast if your light has a remote ballast. And use a vented hood or blow air across your light bulb to keep it cool. Your equipment will last a lot longer and it reduces heat related problems tremendously.

That is about the right foot print in fact I use a 400 watt over a 24x24 inch area and works pretty good. Your 150 watt will cover the same area but with less light intensity. It will still work but plant growth will be slower and bud density fluffier. Non the less it will work. I use to run 1000 watt lights but have gone down to using 400 watt lights only now. And my main growing is now done with LED lamps. But I still like to use HID stuff for certain types of plants.
A tip: Buy a small 4 inch fan or two and blow them over your ballast if your light has a remote ballast. And use a vented hood or blow air across your light bulb to keep it cool. Your equipment will last a lot longer and it reduces heat related problems tremendously.

I have 4 35W cfl's too, probably gonna use them too

Back
Top Bottom