Metal question and safety

zanadoo

Although I've been using cannabis for a few years, it wasn't until I got my MMJ referral a few months ago that I started getting educated on cannabis.
I've been reading a lot of great information here and recently read about the dangers of using metal to smoke cannabis. Basically what I read is that
it's safest to use glass, and stay away from all metals(thank you 420.)
I'm curious about vaporizer screens, they're OK since the heat isn't direct, has some distance, and the cannabis that is being vaped....correct?
Sorry for the simple/silly question:bigblush:, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible...which is endless on this site:laughtwo::thanks:

there is a difference between passing air through a screen at 350 - 420 degrees, vs. the temperature of fire in a lighter...
around 2,500 degrees according to wikipedia
with fire, you get burn off from the metal for sure...
i really don't think it would give burn off at this temp, but ya never know...
nice call on this one, i will investigate further...

anyone else have any feedback on this?

i dunno, but at the right temp the vap dosn't even burn the buds just all the thc off it....

i love my vaporbros.. any one else have one?
:peace:

Only torch lighters really reach 2500 degrees. Regular lighter flames are more in the 1500 degree range at most, probably not even that high. Still pretty hot. Still also a valid point, a lot less heat in the vaporizer.

I'd still take glass any day, but if I had it, metal is ok too I guess.

if that heat really does cause burn off with metalpipes i doubt that it'll do much more to your body than all the metal from burn off over 20-50 years of cooking with metalpans .....

Thank you for the responses. I have to be very careful with my health, so being as safe as possible is important to me!
It's a long story spanning over 20 years..and still fighting...anyway, I don't really want to get into my entire history, but
there'll be little bits of information here and there. Bottom line is I must always be vigilant in maintaining my health, and
I want to be well informed with every detail I can...that way I can help educate others in an intelligent manner...since
I'm not the smartest person, so that's not so easy to accolmpish:laughtwo:

if that heat really does cause burn off with metalpipes i doubt that it'll do much more to your body than all the metal from burn off over 20-50 years of cooking with metalpans .....

Just my opinion but contaminants a person is exposed to through eating are buffered by stomach acids and may not be as readily absorbed into the blood stream.

Chemicals introduced through the lungs are generally able to cross the membrane blood barrier much more easily.

My guess here is, I'd be more worried about the chemicals used to prevent the metal finish from corroding, then the metal itself. Wood pipes use a stain, and glass pipes use cleaners. Basically the bowl is the part that has the ability to vaporize any residue.

Assuming your only smoking 5 or 6 hits a week, you probably don't have much to worry about over a 70-85 year life span. If your smoking everyday (5-6 hits), I'd first look at cutting back, and secondly look at a glass water pipe to make the hit more effective, reducing the daily intake.

Hopfully someday we can just take a pill.:peace:

If your smoking everyday (5-6 hits), I'd first look at cutting back

i've read the average mj user is about a gram a day, some way more...

i was suprised i thought that was a lot for an average,
i guess were all potheads :cool:

At 350 degrees, the stainless screen in my vap does not get hot enough to give off anything but vapor. I am happy with it at that. If you don't want to expose your lungs at all, make canna- caps with coconut oil or good olive oil. See receipies.
Actually, you are breathing more crap into your lungs being stuck in traffic.

Back
Top Bottom