Methanol THC Extraction

Ive always used high grade acetone, It evaporates cleanly and gives me a product I like.

oh really...so how are you determining this high grade of acetone, and please reveal your source, as the only acetone I can get is just acetone, no grade...thanks

Since Acetone is water soluble wouldn't that tend to extract more chlorophyll and lipids?
Just asking, I really do not have a clue, but I would think it would.

now thats where it is at....everyone is going to want this once they hear about all the cancer and shit coming from the concentrates....Im pretty handy with the tools...did you make your own press...? how to make the plates ...? cheers
Nope bought from dabpress. Well worth the ca$h.

BD77 have you ever tested the post distillation solution for chemical residues?
No, but IPA boils off at 180F in the still. I then decarb at 220F until it stops frothing. There are no low temp volatiles left at that point. You can let the IPA evaporate naturally then decarb it, also. Make sure there is no alcohol left if you put it in a gas oven for decarb.

now thats where it is at....everyone is going to want this once they hear about all the cancer and shit coming from the concentrates....Im pretty handy with the tools...did you make your own press...? how to make the plates ...? cheers
Everyone is worried about a few stray molecules in their concentrates but don't worry at all about the 5 lbs. of silicone in their girlfriend's chests ;) says something about priorities doesn't it?
eBay has cheap to expensive plates and once you get those a Harbor Freight bench-top press can be had for around $65 (w/coupon).

BD77 have you ever tested the post distillation solution for chemical residues?
I use pentane and it boils at 96.98°F (easy recovery with a coil in ice water) so just getting to the recommended temp (120°F) to put liquidizer in the wax drives out any residue. Besides that small dab of Neosporin that I use occasionally has millions of more petroleum molecules than the few stray ones that may be left in the wax (don't get me started about a Bic lighter's yellow flame or the smell of gasoline)

No, but IPA boils off at 180F in the still. I then decarb at 220F until it stops frothing. There are no low temp volatiles left at that point. You can let the IPA evaporate naturally then decarb it, also. Make sure there is no alcohol left if you put it in a gas oven for decarb.

Thanks that’s great information

I use pentane and it boils at 96.98°F (easy recovery with a coil in ice water) so just getting to the recommended temp (120°F) to put liquidizer in the wax drives out any residue. Besides that small dab of Neosporin that I use occasionally has millions of more petroleum molecules than the few stray ones that may be left in the wax (don't get me started about a Bic lighter's yellow flame or the smell of gasoline)

Good to know thanks

oh really...so how are you determining this high grade of acetone, and please reveal your source, as the only acetone I can get is just acetone, no grade...thanks
Most acetone will be high grade, just let some evaporate and see if it leaves a residue.

Acetone is poisonous. How do people who use chemical extractions know there is no residue?
All solvents are poisonous including alcohol which some people put into their body in comparitively enormous amounts daily. However acetone does not leave residue unless contaminated and evaporates cleanly. Any substance can possibly be contaminated. Id be more worried about pesticide residue from outdoor grown pot.

I buy my pentane from Chemsavers.
Their prices for their highest-grade Acetone ranges from $39.95/500ml ACS grade (95.5+%) to $39/2.5L for 99% (plenty of other grades/sizes)
I'm pretty sure it's higher quality than hardware store stuff ;) (which can be distilled easily if one wants a higher grade of acetone).
But if it can be done with the hardware stuff and the end result does not taste like acetone, why not just use it as is?:thumb:

I buy my pentane from Chemsavers.
Their prices for their highest-grade Acetone ranges from $39.95/500ml ACS grade (95.5+%) to $39/2.5L for 99% (plenty of other grades/sizes)
I'm pretty sure it's higher quality than hardware store stuff ;) (which can be distilled easily if one wants a higher grade of acetone).
But if it can be done with the hardware stuff and the end result does not taste like acetone, why not just use it as is?:thumb:
Do you have a pic to share with us of your final product? :passitleft: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Do you have a pic to share with us of your final product? :passitleft: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Everything I have is in cartridges. I have two fresh ones left (plenty of ones almost empty) and I go through one per week; I hate vaping but I'm not in a legal State so I vape when I'm shopping/working/traveling.
Give me 2 weeks and I'll make some more and take a pic.
My "system" btw is a homemade version of OilXGreen's system.

Back
Top Bottom