'Method' Mellow In Pot Bust

Cozmo

Grammy Award-winning rapper Method Man lived up to his stage name - Staten Island slang for marijuana - when he was busted by a toll-booth cop for smoking a blunt, police said yesterday.

Method Man, a k a Clifford Smith, 'fessed up to carrying about 28 grams of dope in his 2005 green Lincoln immediately after being stopped by a bridge-and-tunnel cop as he drove into Manhattan at about 10 p.m. Thursday.

He was about to pay the toll for the Battery Tunnel in Brooklyn when Officer Donald Johnston, spotting his car's expired inspection sticker, pulled him over, according to the criminal complaint.

When the rapper rolled down his window, the cop was hit with a waft of marijuana smoke and noticed two pot-filled cigars and a plastic bag containing even more grass in the car.

When Method Man said he had yet more pot under the driver's seat, he was taken into custody without a fuss, said a police source, who added, "I guess he was feeling mellow."

Method Man was released on his own recognizance yesterday after having been arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Newshawk: CoZmO - 420Magazine.com
Source: New York Post (NY)
Author: MURRAY WEISS
Copyright: 2007 NYP Holdings, Inc.

I smoke and drive all the time, but you have to drive legit and have all of your vehicle legit. I never try and do anything dangerous or risky, but blowin a j while going to get groceries isn't that harmful. I am also willing to deal with the consequences if I am stopped. What blows me away is when people are shipping amounts of product, in a unlicensed vehicle, speeding, and roasting something, now that is stupid to me.

What blows me away is when people are shipping amounts of product, in a unlicensed vehicle, speeding, and roasting something, now that is stupid to me.

LoL, no doubt. It takes a certiain type of smarts to pull off something that genius.

I too have blazed while driving, and it can be fun. But as was said, don't do it in a car that isn't 100% legit. That's just asking for trouble.

I blaze all the time while driving, just gotta be safe about it and obey the laws. The thing I worry about the most is other people though, because accidents happen and they could easily turn something around that was their fault just because you're smoking.

I blaze all the time while driving, just gotta be safe about it and obey the laws. The thing I worry about the most is other people though, because accidents happen and they could easily turn something around that was their fault just because you're smoking.

I totally agree.. a friend of mine was smokin while driving..and someone hit her and totalled her car..and she got in a S.hit load of Trouble.

Back
Top Bottom