Method Seven HPS/MH EyeGlasses: 420 Magazine Review by Aaron Quix

Aaron Quix

Typically skeptical of most products that hit the grow scene, I had little in the way of high expectations for these glasses. Let’s just say, however, I was blown away.

Constructed of high quality frames, and an impressively high quality lens, the people at Method 7 have really put together a great product. It’s immediately apparent to the wearer that the heavy yellow glow of High Pressure Sodium lamps is virtually non-existent with these lenses. High tech mineral crystal glass melted in Germany is combined with a patented formula to create a truly color corrected, and superb view of plants grown under HPS lighting. With a frame that not only contours the head well, but also feels to be made of high quality material, these shades are perfect for long term wear because of their comfort. Unlike goofy looking safety glasses, or goggles that serve other industrial purposes, these glasses look cool too.

In addition to their premium version, "The Resistance", Method 7 also offers a solution to HPS environments for larger commercial gardeners that may employ large numbers of people and need a comparable, yet more affordable option to give their employees. That solution is called the "Operator", featuring lenses engineered and manufactured by Carl Zeiss Vision. I've had the opportunity to give that series a try as well. While the Polycarbonate lenses on the "Operator" glasses can only get so close to the true color correction that the glass lenses provide, the tradeoff will really be minimal. Constructed of the same high quality material as its premium counterpart, the Operator is stylish, comfortable, and effective as heck. I would have no problem wearing these shades for long periods in a large garden with HPS lighting at high wattages.

Method 7 has a solution for Metal Halide environments as well; the Operator model glasses can be purchased with MH lenses. The amount of color correction might seem to be lesser, but don't be fooled. The blues of MH lighting are muted, and provide the user with a remarkably clear and color optimized view of plants in a MH environment.

The MH version of the Operator model may be my favorite because I’ve actually been wearing them as regular sunglasses. A quick read of their website revealed that these glasses block UVA, UVB, UVC and infrared radiation. One thing to remember is that while regular sunglasses may reduce the amount of visible light, they fail to protect from UVC radiation emitted from artificial light as they were designed for protection from UVA and UVB radiation that penetrates the upper atmosphere.

The two different pair of HPS glasses I tried make a great low light driving companion, while the MH glasses may be better suited toward brighter outdoor light situations with their darkening effect.

My experience with the Method Seven product line has far out-performed my expectations. The color correction capabilities of the premium line, “The Resistance”, have got to be one of the best on the market, if not the best. I am able to see the plants under my 600w HPS with perfect clarity, in their true colors and with much less eye strain. This all lends to a growers ability to properly assess, diagnose, treat and generally care for their plants while under the unforgiving glow of HPS lighting. I love that I now have the ability to better view my plants and am protected while doing so. I would recommend these high quality shades to anyone who wants that extra edge it takes to be fully "in tune" with their plants.

What stands out the most to me, is the product's obvious quality from the lenses, to frame and even the sturdy hinges. Coupled with the ability to bring the overwhelming color of high pressure sodium lamps into a much truer and clearer view, these are a must have for growers of all skill and scale.

Review by Quixilvir - Staff Writer

P5120012.JPG

P5120011.JPG

P51200151.JPG

P5110024.JPG

P5110023.JPG

P51100221.JPG

Hello Quixilvir,
All is well in my world, just a little off center from the last full moon otherwise all is good, thank you for asking.
Hope you are well and health is with You.

I knew someone must had mentioned it or covered the subject somewhere. I did not know where or, if to post it, so hence the pm. It is pretty hard to navigate through this forum, at least that is my experience. However I am a new user and it might take some time for me to get to know the flow intended in the structure and layout that is chosen for this website.
I will gladly check out the link you provided and get some more information around the factors behind this and new ways of taking pictures. In theory is it possible to create a camera that takes pictures to see if your plants are getting the right wavelength/heat/spectrum of color? I mean they use heatcameras on horses nowadays to locate pains.

I am certain that lighting and cameras together within the cannabis industry will continue to evolve.

Thank you Quixilvir for you response.
I wish You a nice relaxed weekend, and give my best to the rest.

Best regards Goodwine.

PS.
"Off topic"
Is there an account i can transfer my donations to? I don't feel comfortable sending US dollars in an envelope from Sweden.
DS.

Hello Quixilvir,
All is well in my world, just a little off center from the last full moon otherwise all is good, thank you for asking.
Hope you are well and health is with You.

I knew someone must had mentioned it or covered the subject somewhere. I did not know where or, if to post it, so hence the pm. It is pretty hard to navigate through this forum, at least that is my experience. However I am a new user and it might take some time for me to get to know the flow intended in the structure and layout that is chosen for this website.
I will gladly check out the link you provided and get some more information around the factors behind this and new ways of taking pictures. In theory is it possible to create a camera that takes pictures to see if your plants are getting the right wavelength/heat/spectrum of color? I mean they use heatcameras on horses nowadays to locate pains.

I am certain that lighting and cameras together within the cannabis industry will continue to evolve.

Thank you Quixilvir for you response.
I wish You a nice relaxed weekend, and give my best to the rest.

Best regards Goodwine.

PS.
"Off topic"
Is there an account i can transfer my donations to? I don't feel comfortable sending US dollars in an envelope from Sweden.
DS.
Thank you kindly for your desire to make a donation to the cause my friend, you should hear from someone soon about that. The forums can be a bit challenging to navigate at first, but I think you'll find that it gets easier with a little time. I do hope you'll stay with us here as a member, as you have already proven to be an asset to the community with your desire to share information. Find your place and settle in, you'll find this is the best Cannabis based community there is because of the love and support our members provide one another. See you soon and again, welcome to the family!

Hey everyone. Not sure how long this code will work but here ya go. KUSHMAN gets you 20% off. I just ordered the resistance perfect color HPS+ and the 20% off worked.

Back
Top Bottom