Mexico to the USA...curb your appetites.

Akornpatch

MERIDA, Mexico – President Bush sought to soothe strained ties with Mexico on Tuesday by promising to prod Congress to overhaul tough U.S. immigration policies. But Mexican President Felipe Calderon criticized U.S. plans for a 700-mile border fence and said Bush must do more to curb American drug appetites.

Does that mean:

a.) increase enforcement
or
b.) legalize/decriminalize

What do you think?

^the world hated the u.s long before bush came along, I don't like Dubya, just pointin that out.

But Mexican President Felipe Calderon criticized U.S. plans for a 700-mile border fence and said Bush must do more to curb American drug appetites.

What bothered me about Calderon (wasn't he the bad guy in Miami Vice by the way) said was the claim of the wall being like the Berlin wall.

It just bugs me - the ignorance of history

The Berlin wall was built to keep people in Mr. Calderon, we are building the wall to keep people out. A better analogy should have been the great wall of China.

Pardon the rant

Well, the Berlin wall was built to keep people in AND keep people out. This is because its very hard to maintain control over society when they know they are being treated poorly. So how do you keep these people from knowing? Restrict their knowledge. Keep them from being able to see how life is somewhere else (ie. Keep them in) and don't let people tell them how life is else where (Keep other people from getting in).

Bush is a pussy. He can't even stand up to Mexico and tell Calderon to get fucked when he basically blamed the U.S. for the imigration problem...not to mention the drugs. Can you blame them for wanting to leave when there's a 50% poverty rate? I guess that's our fault too. I think we should invade and TAKE Mexico for our own, then there'd be no need for the fence. They have tons of oil there too, buth they're not selling it to us. That's a whole other topic.

Well, the Berlin wall was built to keep people in AND keep people out.

No offense but this isn't correct

No one was trying to escape into East Germany,

The border was closed by the East and the wall was built by the East - to halt the exodus of labor from the ultra poor failed Soviet sponsered East German conditions.

Actually, the West German and non East German people were allowed to enter East Germany through checkpoints (remember the famous checkpoint Charlie), for visits. The East German's could only come through on temporary and highly limited travel permits.

So if the Mexican's built the wall to keep their people in, this analogy would hold. In my opinion, if the US had a way to stop the illegal immigrants from sending their earnings home (and I'm not saying this is the right thing to do - just theorizing), I'd bet the Mexican government would advocate building the wall.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bong hits....

it means to make stupid anti-pot adds so we believe them and stop buying less weed, bush's brains works in cartoons, stick figure ones that smoke pot and a dog tries to talk him outta blazing,,, good commericial, i chrack up everytime im hittin some MJ on my couch

we still catch a good percentage of these immigrants, i dunno if its a crime to jump borders but if it is then thier punishment should be community service, 50 hours of work building this wall that u r climbing over should be detained immigrants punishment

not trying to piss anyone off, but put yourself in thier place. mexico lets all these american companys come here. levis, walmart,and alot of auto manufactors,ect ect. the pay is 500 to 600 pesos for a 6 day work week. which is 45 to 50 us dollars. they put the products back in the us and we still pay the same for levis when they were made in the us. now can you blame these people for trying to take care of thier family by going to the us and doing jobs that the american people wont do. sure there is some that go for other reasons but you cant blame all mexicans for a few bad apples. Ive live here for over five years, when i get stopped by the police for speeding or go through a check point im treated with respect, not like the police treat the mexicans. but the police in the us treat every like shit. wrong example. just something to think aout, my buzz has kicked gota go

Back
Top Bottom