MFP's - Indoor - G8-LED - Master Kush - Hydro Grow - Fall 2014

M F P

This journal will document a seed-to-harvest grow for 18 Master Kush plants grown indoors under G8LED grow lights. I'll be using a G8450 for my veg station, then we'll move into the flowering room with two G8900s and a TBD number of red UFOs.

We'll sprout/veg in rockwool using a mix of hand-watering and maybe drip or ebb & flow, then move the cubes into some hydroton over in the flower room in about four weeks (all ebb & flow at that point).

I'm planning to keep the nutes simple using the GH Flora series. I may call an audible on this one at some point, however - be warned. Water will also be treated with GH Cal Mag (2mL/gal...pH stabilization) and SM90 (2mL/gal...root dev and overall heartache prevention). pH will be kept between 5.8 and 6.2; all reservoirs will be dumped and cleaned weekly. Bubblers will be utilized in each reservoir.

Temps/humidity will be maintained between 70-88F and 45-60RH...maybe 65RH if my dehumi fills up while I'm away.

CO2 will be introduced in the flower room via tank and timer. CO2 will be introduced during veg in the form of me standing there panting over how awesome my plants are looking.

I anticipate a couple topping sessions and a couple defoliation sessions. Other than that...trying to keep it as simple as possible. One caveat - I'm planning on tracking each plant's individual progress and ultimately documenting the individual yield. The position of each plant will be recorded as well; ideally I'd like to compare the yields from the plants directly under the lights as opposed to those on the outer edge of the light's range.

So let's do this...thanks for stopping by!

MFP

IMG_208412.JPG

Extremely robust root growth with this batch. Nice. Moved over to the 4" rockwool cubes yesterday and today I'm dropping the light height from 40" to within the manufacturer's recommended range for this model (had minor, intermittent trouble in the past w seedlings reacting poorly to intense LED in this particular closet environment).

Also introducing the nutrients this week: GH's Flora series. We'll use regular (half) strength until flowering, when we'll switch to full (max). Note that the LED manufacturer recommends using only 70% of the recommended nutrient manufacturer dosage, which we'll be factoring in as well.

I believe that's all for now. My wall-mounted fan appears to have gone out on long-term disability on me; that's too bad. Using a clip fan for now...will replace wall fan soon.

IMG_216312.JPG

Looking forward to seeing how this grow progresses! Mighty envious of your setup I must say.

Def same here ill be following along so ill help ya as best I can if you have any questions ^^

Lol thanks its been a 3+ year project to get here.. and since its life and death for Angie(best friend) and pain relief for me I tried to set it up the best way I can for vegging and flowering.. Hope people can learn about juicing cannabis from us too since there is not much info out there about it...

Anyways ill quit chatting your ear off! haha happy growing! TTYL

Not my week! First the wall fan - replaced today - now my entire GD shelf. Ahh well. Currently transitioning from hand watering to auto watering...so the reservoir tub is going to serve as a makeshift table until I'm ready to upgrade my table/tray system. Damn cheap aftermarket (cough Lowe's cough) shelf...

The plants, however, are doing splendidly. I think I might have room for another wall fan on the other side of the closet, too. Maybe I'll mount one a little higher up than the existing fan. We'll see.

Happy weekend y'all!

IMG_217013.JPG

Not my week! First the wall fan - replaced today - now my entire GD shelf. Ahh well. Currently transitioning from hand watering to auto watering...so the reservoir tub is going to serve as a makeshift table until I'm ready to upgrade my table/tray system. Damn cheap aftermarket (cough Lowe's cough) shelf...

The plants, however, are doing splendidly. I think I might have room for another wall fan on the other side of the closet, too. Maybe I'll mount one a little higher up than the existing fan. We'll see.

Happy weekend y'all!

IMG_217013.JPG

Aw I know how ya feel the first year of growing was a nightmare! Atleast It did not flip over and kill some clones or babies.. Auto watering is soooooo much nicer compared to hand watering i bet you will love it! lol

^^ Totally man. Even luckier: I was there when the crash happened, so I could snap a pic or two and then fix everything up.

Got some better gear on the way. My veg station has been the Achilles' Heel of this operation for long enough.

Thanks for checking my journal out!

Replaced my flood tray...slightly bigger, which is already welcome. No new table yet as I'm waiting on a few parts. Pretty decent growth these past weeks. As mentioned above, the nutrient levels are based on the GH schedule, minus 30% as per the LED manufacturer recommendation for optimum growth. As not mentioned above, I'm rotating the plants twice a week so they share any potential light and/or airflow hot spots as close to equally as I can manage.

Interesting note - the biggest hot spot so far seems to be the left half of the tray; every time I rotate, in few days, the plants on the left are all slightly larger than the right. This is interesting because this section receives less light, as a) it's not directly under the LED, and b) I keep the left closet door open for air (I mylared the inside of the whole closet, including the backs of the doors, but this door I decided to leave open). Anyways, thought I'd report as that's kinda interesting. I'm starting to speculate that maybe introducing some CO2 during veg might not be a waste of time & resources.

That's all I got. Hope you all have a good week. PEACE.

M F P

IMG_217911.JPG

All topped & defoliated. Well, mostly...I left a few leaves behind but for the most part this is still Rated-R Territory.

IMG_218013.JPG

Another solid week behind us...which, by my math, puts us at four weeks out. I'm planning on two more weeks prior to flowering...but you know how it goes. I'll be ready to roll by next weekend just in case.

IMG_219915.JPG

Interesting development: one of the plants up front has some damage to the leaves. My knee-jerk was to assume something's been chewing on it...but since I've never seen a single bug in this closet, room, or even the flower room, I checked through my notes and this always seems to happen in varying degrees. One or two plants, typically just the ones that experience some sort of stress early on that the others aren't exposed to. Only in the veg area, too...goes away as soon as they get moved.

IMG_220012.JPG

Additionally, the leaf surface seems...different, somehow, on this one. Resembles crepe paper more than leaf.

I'm raising the light up six more inches for a few days.

Another solid week behind us...which, by my math, puts us at four weeks out. I'm planning on two more weeks prior to flowering...but you know how it goes. I'll be ready to roll by next weekend just in case.

IMG_219915.JPG

Interesting development: one of the plants up front has some damage to the leaves. My knee-jerk was to assume something's been chewing on it...but since I've never seen a single bug in this closet, room, or even the flower room, I checked through my notes and this always seems to happen in varying degrees. One or two plants, typically just the ones that experience some sort of stress early on that the others aren't exposed to. Only in the veg area, too...goes away as soon as they get moved.

IMG_220012.JPG

Additionally, the leaf surface seems...different, somehow, on this one. Resembles crepe paper more than leaf.

I'm raising the light up six more inches for a few days.

Everything is looking good minus the leaf damage. Never seen leaf damage like that but hope its not bugs since you have not seen any.

Thanks. I'm inclined to agree about the bugs...odd. LEDs can, in my experience, be a little intense for young plants...but the issues they can cause are downright trippy. Thanks for the input and checking my Green Kids out!

Heading into week six already. Nothing major to report...which is awesome, and no additional leaf damage noted since the light was raised. A couple pics below; first we can see the end result of the second topping/defoliation session (roughly five days ago) - four mains, ready to roll. I anticipate one more session prior to flowering. Eight mains x eighteen plants = MFP probably needs to make sure he finds his lost Fiskars in a hurry.

The second pic is just a shot of the roots, in case anyone is interested.

IMG_22148.JPG

IMG_221712.JPG

Have a great week all!

Flowering room is all cleaned and ready to roll. Finished topping about half the plants today; others not quite ready. Still possible they'll be heading into the flower room by this weekend, but I'm starting to suspect that middle of next week is probably going to end up being a more accurate guess.

Have an awesome week all -

MFP

Heading into week 7 now. I anticipate we'll initiate flowering before the end of this week, no later than next weekend.

I couldn't bring myself to decide on tomato cages this time out; instead I'm going to try & learn to control the stretch on my own. Additionally, I've got the fans cranked to eleven and directly on the plants now; this will hopefully help out with support when the time comes.

I'm supposed to clean the reservoir today, but I have a hangover you could see from space so I'm gonna blow it off until tomorrow.

Pic below; kinda hard to see anything under 100% LED...I'll get some pics with non-space alien lighting when we move to the flower room.

Have a badass week, all!

IMG_222911.JPG

LOL found in my Gmail just now...from after midnight last night sometime.

The message was me emailing the below pic to myself with the comment:

"When you get cut under LED you have goblin blood!!!"

OK, dude!

IMG_222812.JPG

Back
Top Bottom