Mg/Lockout or Fungus How do you tell?

Grooven420

Hello,
I several plants that look very similar to what HarryRed's post on 9/23/2008 looks like. I am in week 5 of flowering and use Sunshine #4 soil mix with Fox Farm products(Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, and the Open Sesame/Beastie Bloomz/Cha Ching products. 2 of my plants I believe really may be a pH balance problem as I noticed that my water went from being around a 7 to down around a 5 for some reason. I thought maybe the water company switched which reservoir they were using or something. Regardless, I the water pH and soil has come back to ~6.8 and I am seeing some recovery on the 2 plants that were heavily affected. I am starting to see signs on my other plants now though which has me concerned that it may be fungus.

My Question: Is there a way to tell if it it Mg/lockout or if it is fungus?

Thanks!!
Grooven420

Most likely you are experiencing lockout if your pH went that low. You should be monitoring and adjusting your pH each time you water/feed regardless of what your tap water reads. It should always be adjusted so your runoff is somewhere between 6.3 and 6.7.

Hey McBudz,
I am assuming that is the case also but is there any sure way to tell if it is fungus vs. lockout?

Thanks,
Grooven420

Back
Top Bottom