MH in for first 2 wks of flowering to keep stretch down?

dogstick

I was just wondering, trying to keep the stretch down and would it make that big of a difference if i kept the 400 mh in the room for the first 2 weeks of flowering instead of switching to the 600 hps. I usually just switch it over but was curious if I kept the mh how much stretch would it ellimate or should I just throw the hps in? The strain is an indica grown in a rainforest system. It is about 2 feet 1in tall now. Thanks guys and gals...

I was just wondering, trying to keep the stretch down and would it make that big of a difference if i kept the 400 mh in the room for the first 2 weeks of flowering instead of switching to the 600 hps. I usually just switch it over but was curious if I kept the mh how much stretch would it ellimate or should I just throw the hps in? The strain is an indica grown in a rainforest system. It is about 2 feet 1in tall now. Thanks guys and gals...

if your already flowering then leave the HPS in there...can you add the MH also? that would be pimp

Pitt- I am doing the flush/24Hr dark period tonight. Think I should leave it in there. The plants will have room to double but for whatever space i can save the easier for me with this setup. I have been thinking about the keeping the 400mh in there when switch to the 600hps. I just don't know if my room can take it. We are in a duplex and how can I tell if I have enough amps. I don't know where the box is. I do have a kilowatt meter that can measure the outlet. I know what 15 and 30 amps cant take wattage wise but don't know what I am dealing with.I think the total would be 1340 watts + 5k btu AC. It runs at 480 watts on high. I really need a new hood/light, might of scored a part time job at a hydro store so might wait on that for the deals. well thanks for your help

Pitt- I am doing the flush/24Hr dark period tonight. Think I should leave it in there. The plants will have room to double but for whatever space i can save the easier for me with this setup. I have been thinking about the keeping the 400mh in there when switch to the 600hps. I just don't know if my room can take it. We are in a duplex and how can I tell if I have enough amps. I don't know where the box is. I do have a kilowatt meter that can measure the outlet. I know what 15 and 30 amps cant take wattage wise but don't know what I am dealing with.I think the total would be 1340 watts + 5k btu AC. It runs at 480 watts on high. I really need a new hood/light, might of scored a part time job at a hydro store so might wait on that for the deals. well thanks for your help

The only thing I would do is the 24HR dark. No flush, no change in nutes, just go to the 12/12.

The MH in the first couple weeks of flowering will help reduce stretch, till buds are well formed.

Not going to a high P nute till buds are formed will help reduce stretch. Or, at the least a gradual shift from the veg nutes to the bloom nutes. Not a BAM type of thing. Like week 1, grow nutes, week 2, 1/2 grow, 1/2 bloom. Week 3 all bloom and HPS.

For sure, keeping the MH the first couple of weeks will help the most to reduce stretch.

Once the buds are formed, there should be very little if any stretch.

I run a 400w MH and 400w HPS in a large adjust-a-wing and the combo works great. I run just the MH for the first couple of weeks, then add the HPS.

DD

Droopy- Thanks thats most likely what I will do. The last go around seemed like they never stopped growing and hopefully the full blown indica will help keep the height down, hopefully they will not grow much more than 4 feet. As for the nutes I do flush at the transition period and will be going into 1/2 and 1/2. You recommend first week using just grow. I usually run the transiotin nutes only 1 week. Maybe I should leave out the kool bloom for the first week since that is a high p. Is that what you do in your grows during transition?

Pretty much, but I'm in soil doing organics, no flush.

Mainly I just lower the grow amount and increase the bloom a bit at the time for the transition, going to full bloom when buds are fully formed.

I still slip some grow in now and then to keep the N levels up. Depends on what the plants look like.

DD

Back
Top Bottom