Mice? Really?

TickeyTackey

Has anyone out there ever had problems with mice killing their plants? I am 6 weeks into flowering with 4 different strains, sugar kush, big bud, carnival and white widow. About 2 weeks ago some of my plants started looking really sick and dehydrated so i gave them some plain water. they kept getting worse and did not recover. When i cut them this morning i noticed that all of the dead ones looked like they had been nibbled on right at the base of the plant where it meets the soil and then up about 4 inches. My room is pretty tight but im sure mice could get in there if they wanted. I also found parts of an acorn shell shell in there a few weeks ago and im pretty sure they brought that in with them. I live in the country and deal with the little bastards all the time but this is crazy. They are choking my plants off at the base, or at least i think thats whats happening. Anybody had to deal with this before? Thanks!!!

:UPDATE: Just wanted to let everyone know i have confirmed that it is mice that were causing the problem. It took me 2 weeks and cost me 25% of my crop to figure this out. I live in a cold climate so i'm sure it has been slim pickings for the mice. I did further inspections yesterday after my post and found mouse shit in the flowering room. I set some traps last night and had one kill this morning. Hopefully this will help some folks in the future. If you ever see a quick unexplained die off of your babies make sure you look at the base of the plant right where it touches the soil. It was quite obvious once i finally did and looks just like you think it would, little teeth marks going up about 2 or 3 inches completely choking off the plant. Peace and solidarity from Wisco!

Back
Top Bottom