Michigan Ballot Proposal 1 2018: Recreational

OGrow

420 Member
Hello all!

Living in Michigan now I am pretty excited with the very real possibility that Michiganders vote to legalize recreational cannabis next week. But... I am trying to find aome more information for not to get in trouble.

If the ballot is approved on November 6th, when would I be off the hook to smoke and grow without issues with the law?

I’ve found no news article specifying this portion and found some legislative documents that were somewhat confusing, so I am not confident I got it right.

Thank yall! Actually I was able to find the article in Michigan’s Constitution that rules the ballot initiatives.

Article 12 section 2

“If the proposed amendment is approved by a majority of the electors voting on the question, it shall become part of the constitution, and shall abrogate or amend existing provisions of the constitution at the end of 45 days after the date of the election at which it was approved.”

So, it would be December 22nd.
Best xmas gift :)

I read somewhere it would be in effect legally 9 days after vote. 11/15/18. Opening day gun season is already a pure Michigan holiday, how appropriate to add this reason yearly too! A great state to partake should be our motto if this goes thru!

Back
Top Bottom