Michigan Growers Unite!

Do people still grow Monkey Paw in Michigan?

Yeah but you’ll usually only find it from caregivers and home growers that have been growing from cuttings. I personally don’t know of anyone that has seeds. I’ve heard talk of them but there’s a lot of big talk in a state like ours.

Hello everyone, the purpose of this thread is to unite Michigan growers so we can all share some experiences, tips, tricks, recipes, etc and keep the Michigan marijuana community growing.

With the recent full legalization in our state, some of us are looking to learn to grow ganja at home or are experienced growers already looking to branch out and continue to learn. I feel like there is no better place to learn and share info than here!

So with that said, I am calling out all Michigan growers (I know you are all scattered around here) newbies or experienced ones, to come introduce yourself and keep this going.

It is up to you how much information you want to share (considering this is a public site and the interwebs is full of all sorts of people). Please remember to follow all forum rules, be nice and above all keep it legal (no discussions of selling or buying cannabis products).

To keep things organized in a way let's try to follow this format for intros. From there on, let's see where this goes!

I will kick things off.

MI area: Livingston/W. Oakland county area
Grow set up: Indoor basement 4x4 tent
Grow medium: DWC hydroponic for right now
Favorite strain: Mostly hybrids with higher sativa traits but I will try anything
Favorite edible: cookies or brownies but want to branch out to homemade hot sauce!
Favorite team/sport/university: They all suck now but always a Lions fan and MSU bball/football
Hobbies: Anything tech related, craft beer and cannabis!

Hope we can build a cool cannabis group!
Ron Grand Rapids organic grow no till application

IMG_20230210_075315.jpg

IMG_20230210_080212.jpg

Good morning!

I have a question for all my fellow Michiganders: When do you typically start your plants/seeds if you're doing an outdoor grow?

I am new to growing - with my 1st grow being an indoor grow from clones. I finally consumed that harvest and I'm wanting to try an outdoor grow this year to see the difference in quality + save a few bucks on electrical.

My one worry with growing outdoor is starting too late - which is why I'm debating getting them going indoors and moving them out after a few weeks when weather gets better.

Good morning!

I have a question for all my fellow Michiganders: When do you typically start your plants/seeds if you're doing an outdoor grow?

I am new to growing - with my 1st grow being an indoor grow from clones. I finally consumed that harvest and I'm wanting to try an outdoor grow this year to see the difference in quality + save a few bucks on electrical.

My one worry with growing outdoor is starting too late - which is why I'm debating getting them going indoors and moving them out after a few weeks when weather gets better.
I normally start my seeds about the first of April in paper towels and plant them in the ground around first week of June

I normally start my seeds about the first of April in paper towels and plant them in the ground around first week of June
Awesome! The weather here is so screwy and varied depending on which part of MI you're from - plus I haven't lived up here that long - so I figured it was best to ask those of you who have lived here longer and have experience planting outdoors.

Thank you!

Trying to decide if I want to do a full outdoor, or mix it with some indoor to keep my light schedule on the higher end and avoid the deer/squirrel finding my babies.

Nice setup! Mine won't be anywhere near as nice. You tend to have mold/mildew issues when growing outside? glad you mention that before I get seeds down.

I suffered from some stupid white powdery mildew on my first grow and just couldn't seem to get rid of it - even with Neem, more airflow, defoliating - was a losing battle so I chopped em early. FORTUNATELY bud washing is a thing - and there was no actual mold.

Nice setup! Mine won't be anywhere near as nice. You tend to have mold/mildew issues when growing outside? glad you mention that before I get seeds down.

I suffered from some stupid white powdery mildew on my first grow and just couldn't seem to get rid of it - even with Neem, more airflow, defoliating - was a losing battle so I chopped em early. FORTUNATELY bud washing is a thing - and there was no actual mold.
Yes with all the rain and cool temperatures at harvest time bud rot is a threat. Like I mentioned there are preventative maintenance products. I use trifecta which is all organic. You can use it right up to close to harvest.

Yes with all the rain and cool temperatures at harvest time bud rot is a threat. Like I mentioned there are preventative maintenance products. I use trifecta which is all organic. You can use it right up to close to harvest.

I really appreciate all the insight. I think I may leave them in a 10gal fabric pot with that in mind so that near the end of season I can finish the flower under light.

I grew outdoors last year in Chicago and had pests, something you need to be aware of. CL🍀 :Namaste:

All good things to take into account! I have some food grade DE that I used in my veggie garden last year, and I'll probably have some sticky traps. Any other anti-critter item you can think of I may want to consider?
@Sierra Natural Science 209 Systemic Pest Control, plants absorb it and it tastes bad so they feed elsewhere. CL🍀 :Namaste:

All good things to take into account! I have some food grade DE that I used in my veggie garden last year, and I'll probably have some sticky traps. Any other anti-critter item you can think of I may want to consider?
Oops sorry about that I see now that I already told you about SNS. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom