Michigan Growers Unite!

Another Michigander (Ottawa County) checking in.
First grow: 1973 - paid for my last year in college!
‘74-‘12 Marriage, kids, career - no can do (partake of the magical weed )
2013 - medical card, caregiver
Indoor grow-basement room, soilless, Doc Buds Hi-Brix Method
Dorm Grow and Fluence LEDs
Started with mostly Indicas, adding Sativas, especially Landrace strains
Vape, infused oils, pain oils/creams/lotions
Having lived through the Nixon, Reagan and Bushx2 drug wars, never really believed we’d legalize. What sweet relief!

First grow in 20+ years.. going ok so far..
MI area: Macomb Area
Grow set up: 2x4 tent, QB250w lights
Grow medium: Happy Frog
Favorite strain: Sativas.. right now growing Durban poison and Jack Herer
Favorite edible: Little cookies a friend makes.. she uses Acid and San fernando.. tiny bit goes a long way :)
Favorite team/sport/university:Couldn't care less... millionaires acting like children while making more in a day than i make in a year of my life... yeah.. not interested..
Hobbies: Trying to find a nice 25 year old that will come sit on my face now and then... Ohh.. and LSD and drums.. tonight will be 200ug and 5 hours of drums :)

MI area: South Shore of Lake Superior
Grow set up: Under construction: Indoor 4x4 tent, 3 x 3 veg closet
Grow medium: Hempy to start
Favorite strain: hybrids mostly sativa traits
Favorite edible: brownies
Favorite team/sport/university: na/fishing/school of hard knocks
Hobbies: fishing, shooting, retirement

psst, @Orlando Scout ... ready for more snow?
Hell no I am completely over winter already lol. We have the pleasure of rain all day today and of course a big snow storm tomorrow lol. I am so ready for spring, so I can get a few girls going outside!!!!

Sure, why not? First time grower as of 12/6/18. Yay, Michigan!!

MI area: Livingston/W. Oakland county area
Grow set up: Indoor basement
Grow medium: RDWC
Favorite strain: Silver Valley OG
Favorite edible: Don't really care for edibles.
Favorite team/sport/university: Go Blue!
Hobbies: Motorcycles, Guns, Wine, Snowboarding, too many to count.

Working towards my goal of mastering mechanical extraction of fresh frozen ice hash to make live rosin, THCA crystals.
6+ weeks into my first grow. 1st gen still in Veg, 2nd gen is in the clone tent.

Hell no I am completely over winter already lol. We have the pleasure of rain all day today and of course a big snow storm tomorrow lol. I am so ready for spring, so I can get a few girls going outside!!!!

your snow is gone??? We are just shifting into high gear here... getting the roof ready to collect another 12" tomorrow...

your snow is gone??? We are just shifting into high gear here... getting the roof ready to collect another 12" tomorrow...
Oh no its far from gone, but the rain will melt some of it away. Just in time for us to get slammed again lol. We dont have as much as you do tho, holy shit you have alot of snow yet. We have had some sunshine the past couple days that melted a good chunk of it atleast!!!!

Oh no its far from gone, but the rain will melt some of it away. Just in time for us to get slammed again lol. We dont have as much as you do tho, holy shit you have alot of snow yet. We have had some sunshine the past couple days that melted a good chunk of it atleast!!!!
How much snow do we have....(drum roll) ... last weekend the U.P. 200 Sled Dog run (an Iditerod qualifier) was ended early because of too much fluff snow and no visibility. A little warmer weather this week and a day of full sunshine has the snow settled down a bit.

How much snow do we have....(drum roll) ... last weekend the U.P. 200 Sled Dog run (an Iditerod qualifier) was ended early because of too much fluff snow and no visibility. A little warmer weather this week and a day of full sunshine has the snow settled down a bit.
This is the sliding glass door to my bedroom. We still have a bunch of snow just not as much as you. There is a gap between the snow and the door only because of the roof lol

first the rake, then the yooper scooper...
Thats funny I have the same yooper scooper!! They make shoveling snow a breeze. My shoulder got sick of shoveling the driveway, so I went and got me a plow for the John Deer lol.

Too stoned to follow any format. I was born, raised, and live in G.R. This is my first grow of NorthenLights auto and Blue Dream photo’s. I’m growing in ffof with fabric pots. The auto is in a 3gal, and the photo’s in 5 gal. Using cheap LED’s looking to upgrade after summer. I started in a 3x3 tent, using a 6x7 room now. Hobbies are fishing, coaching football and Homegrown. I really haven’t met a strain I didn’t like. I prefer smoking flower but we’re going to adventure into edibles. Cheers all!! Happy growing

Too stoned to follow any format. I was born, raised, and live in G.R. This is my first grow of NorthenLights auto and Blue Dream photo’s. I’m growing in ffof with fabric pots. The auto is in a 3gal, and the photo’s in 5 gal. Using cheap LED’s looking to upgrade after summer. I started in a 3x3 tent, using a 6x7 room now. Hobbies are fishing, coaching football and Homegrown. I really haven’t met a strain I didn’t like. I prefer smoking flower but we’re going to adventure into edibles. Cheers all!! Happy growing

Fishing? My cousins and I would catch catfish in the Grand River near Leonard St. back in the 50's.

I was born at 1332 Broadway, Old Lithuania Town. Mom was 16, we lived upstairs and her sister lived downstairs. Grandparents lived across the street, they raised chickens in the back, this was 1946+. Uncle was a Monsignor at St. Peter & Paul around the corner. Dad was a gunsmith, hunter, fisherman and guitar player, ran around a lot, it was always fun when he'd bring guys up to jam. I got lucky and made it to the U.P. for my 10th birthday because Dad bought his own sport shop. Sold guns and Alumacraft boats, became the first Honda motorcycle dealer in the U.P. in the mid '60's. I got drafted into the army a year after I got kicked out of college. After Saigon fell I got to go to Bangkok where I met my wife of 45yrs.

oops, kinda stoned here too

MI area: Macomb
Grow set up: In my Library 4x4 tent, CMH light 315Watt
Grow medium: Coco
Nutrients : Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco A and B plus add on big bud , b-52, voodoo juice, overdrive
Favorite strain: Auto Compassion Lime cbd for me. Auto Sour Diesel
Favorite edible: cookies or brownies , suckers, gum
Favorite team: wings
Hobbies
: Anything cannabis!

Hi All! Love the Michigan home growers coming together here!

MI area: Kalamazoo
Grow Setup: 4x4 auto tent, 14 x 16 grow room
Grow medium: Good Organic Soil or Promix
Favorite strain: Not sure, but on a quest to find out :)
Favorite edible: Haven't explored enough to know
Favorite team: MSU Basketball and Football
Hobbies: All things gardening and plants, alternative/homeopathic health, Fungi, Air quality, ecosystems, and all things tech (hardware, software)

I have been learning so much from this community in my first couple Auto grows. The biggest lesson is really just to have a clear plan from start to finish and adapt the plan based on knowing your plants. Be thorough, be patient and occasionally be ready to be frustrated. Just about to start my first photoperiod plants, here's to hoping it goes well!

Hi All! Love the Michigan home growers coming together here!

MI area: Kalamazoo
Grow Setup: 4x4 auto tent, 14 x 16 grow room
Grow medium: Good Organic Soil or Promix
Favorite strain: Not sure, but on a quest to find out :)
Favorite edible: Haven't explored enough to know
Favorite team: MSU Basketball and Football
Hobbies: All things gardening and plants, alternative/homeopathic health, Fungi, Air quality, ecosystems, and all things tech (hardware, software)

I have been learning so much from this community in my first couple Auto grows. The biggest lesson is really just to have a clear plan from start to finish and adapt the plan based on knowing your plants. Be thorough, be patient and occasionally be ready to be frustrated. Just about to start my first photoperiod plants, here's to hoping it goes well!
Nice to have you here my friend!! My wife is from Kalamazoo, her whole fam lives there still. We go down quite a few times a year to visit. Not a bad place as long as you dont go to the wrong side of town at night and get lost like I did lol.

MI area: Thumb Area
Grow set up: Indoor
Grow medium: High Mineral Soil
Favorite strain: Land races
Favorite edible: Anything using oil
Favorite team/sport/university:
Hobbies: Hunting/Gold Prospecting/Gardening

I am a Mi caregiver.

Back
Top Bottom