Michigan Growers Unite!

I didn't until we bought our house 3 years ago. Before that it was just the cheap plastic tent things to keep my stuff out of the snow. So much nicer now

We are going to be looking for a new house here in three years or so. Having a garage is one of the key points I'm not going to give up on. That and a full basement. (Need my ManCave and my GrowSpace) :headbanger:

A full basement was one of the things we were really after as well. With all the foundation and drainage issues we've had I would gladly trade the basement for a polebarn. Our house was built in 2004 in a nice neighborhood, still has issues lol.

A full basement was one of the things we were really after as well. With all the foundation and drainage issues we've had I would gladly trade the basement for a polebarn. Our house was built in 2004 in a nice neighborhood, still has issues lol.

Well that's a bummer. A pole barn would be nice too.

Has anybody been to the seed cellar in Jackson Michigan. Is it a good place to pick up some seeds

I haven't used them before, but I did stumble across them the other day and was wondering the same thing. I'd love to buy from a small Seedbank in Michigan. Support the "Locals" type of thing.

Has anybody been to the seed cellar in Jackson Michigan. Is it a good place to pick up some seeds
I’ve used them a few times: at shows, in their store and online. Seeds are in breeders packs.

Not sure what their policy is now, but I had to initially establish an account ($5), show my card, etc. They (at least use to) ship anywhere in the state for $10.

Suggest you contact them for details with all the changes to the laws.

Thanx Dinger! When i'm ready to start my next grow in Nov I'll give them a look - might even go over to their shop when I'm in the area. Anyone have a positive experiences with any other seed shops in SE Mi for recreational growers?

I want to try growing the landrace strains Panama Red and Acapulco Gold being the old pseudo hippie that I am.

Well fellow MI growers, I'll be heading back to MI tomorrow and am looking forward to a first indoor grow for 2019. I will order Panama Red (landrace) seeds from Ace seeds (no idea where to get such seeds locally). I'll also try to score some clones from a buddy to get a head start on the grow season. :volcano-smiley:

Well fellow MI growers, I'll be heading back to MI tomorrow and am looking forward to a first indoor grow for 2019. I will order Panama Red (landrace) seeds from Ace seeds (no idea where to get such seeds locally). I'll also try to score some clones from a buddy to get a head start on the grow season. :volcano-smiley:
Welcome back to Michigan!
Have you tried Panama from Ace before? I've never ordered from them before.

Welcome back to Michigan!
Have you tried Panama from Ace before? I've never ordered from them before.
I have used Ace multiple times. Good service and excellent genetics. Just so happens I have their Panama running right now. Pics below.

They mention to look for two phenols: "red" and "green". "Very powerful, psychedelic and long lasting effect. The red pheno usually has a denser and heavier effect, while the green ones provide a much cleaner and energetic experience."

My two plants are around day 90 from seed. They are definitely different phenos, but a little early to tell. The near one in the pic has the standard cannabis green color in the leaves. The back one grow tips are more lime color. I think you can see the diff. In the attached pics. I’m also running their Purple Satellite which is a nice looking strain. Can’t go wrong with Ace.

Another option is the Seed Cellar seedcellar.com in Jackson MI. They don’t carry Ace but do carry a lot of other breeders. They ship in the State - $10 flat fee, I believe.
2F2B9B61-B110-4C53-90B7-54EDFCC5DA6B.jpeg
1A159618-753D-4D17-A4A8-816C88287AFC.jpeg
06D6B87A-FFCD-4256-9DFC-473F0D972305.jpeg

They look nice. I didn't realize we had someone selling seeds here in Michigan. I'm already filling my seedman cart for the halloween special tomorrow, so I may just get some from them.

Late to the party longtime member was on hiatus for a hot minute but i'm back!:headbanger:

MI area: On the lakeshore
Grow set up: Indoor basement 2x4 tent
Grow medium: Soil
Favorite strain: Skunkier the better!
Favorite edible: Chocolate
Favorite team/sport/university: Lions
Hobbies: Growing/hunting/fishing

I like growing sativas but I love smoking the indicas more!

Hello everyone, the purpose of this thread is to unite Michigan growers so we can all share some experiences, tips, tricks, recipes, etc and keep the Michigan marijuana community growing.

With the recent full legalization in our state, some of us are looking to learn to grow ganja at home or are experienced growers already looking to branch out and continue to learn. I feel like there is no better place to learn and share info than here!

So with that said, I am calling out all Michigan growers (I know you are all scattered around here) newbies or experienced ones, to come introduce yourself and keep this going.

It is up to you how much information you want to share (considering this is a public site and the interwebs is full of all sorts of people). Please remember to follow all forum rules, be nice and above all keep it legal (no discussions of selling or buying cannabis products).

To keep things organized in a way let's try to follow this format for intros. From there on, let's see where this goes!

I will kick things off.

MI area: Livingston/W. Oakland county area
Grow set up: Indoor basement 4x4 tent
Grow medium: DWC hydroponic for right now
Favorite strain: Mostly hybrids with higher sativa traits but I will try anything
Favorite edible: cookies or brownies but want to branch out to homemade hot sauce!
Favorite team/sport/university: They all suck now but always a Lions fan and MSU bball/football
Hobbies: Anything tech related, craft beer and cannabis!

Hope we can build a cool cannabis group!
Just found the 420 site, very informative. I grew up in Michigan and started smoking when $40/oz Columbian red and gold, which was fantastic, pushed out $15-30/oz Mexican/commercial. Then skunk hit town in 1978...$300/oz and like nothing we had ever experienced. The smell was overpowering compared to the spicy Columbian. The few seeds were the size of popcorn kernels. Fast forward to career relocations, now back in MI with a medical MJ card and legal to grow 12 plants. I’m approaching week 2 on my first grow in a custom grow cabinet build 1 sq yard x 6.5 ft high, 315 LEC, Nirvana fem girl scout cookies. Down time is sailing, mt. biking, hiking, fishing, home brewing, outdoor cooking, photography metal detecting and hopefully a successful indoor grow. Looking forward to learning here to avoid rookie errors.
MI area: West Michigan Muskegon area
Grow set up: Indoor basement 3x3 custom cabinet
Grow medium: soil, organic
Favorite strain: GSC and similar hybrids, heavy indica for insomnia
Favorite edible: Brownies
Favorite team/sport/university: Lions, U of M
Hobbies: sailing, mt. biking, hiking, fishing, home brewing, outdoor cooking, photography metal detecting

Just put two ACE Panama Red seeds (feminized) in the Aerogrow to germinate. Delivered right to my mailbox from Spain; well packaged in an SD card plastic container. I'll start a grow journal as soon as they pop. I'm also hoping to score a clone from a friend to have 3 plants growing in the tent.

Back
Top Bottom