Michigan Growers Unite!

I may be addicted to buying seeds when I think it is a good deal. Seedsman has 100 northern lights auto seeds for $130. I can use my 25% off and get that down to $116 out the door.

Wtf am I going to do with all those seeds? Wonder if any of my Michigan growers would be interested in some. I would give them away for $1.16 donation. Would prefer in lots of 10 to 20.

I live in Warren if you wanted a local pickup.

Thoughts?

I may be addicted to buying seeds when I think it is a good deal. Seedsman has 100 northern lights auto seeds for $130. I can use my 25% off and get that down to $116 out the door.

Wtf am I going to do with all those seeds? Wonder if any of my Michigan growers would be interested in some. I would give them away for $1.16 donation. Would prefer in lots of 10 to 20.

I live in Warren if you wanted a local pickup.

Thoughts?
Oh hell, I'm a sucker for seeds also. I'd be up for a 50 dollar donation. I just ran a few of the seedsman NL auto's for fun. Tasty.

MI area: Ann Arbor area
Grow set up: Greenhouse
Grow medium: soil, organic
Favorite strain: Sour Diesel
Favorite edible: Bacon
Favorite team/sport/university: Meh U
Hobbies: Organic farming, gaming, attempting to not live in constant pain.

Hi mitten and fish people!

I hope everyone has had an enjoyable and productive first year of legalization.

Due to ongoing medical issues I can't afford to grow indoors for now, so I'd like to ask those of you that grow outdoors what varieties you recommend?

I grew a bunch of landraces this year and cut my last plants on November 4th and honestly I'd like to grow some stains that mature much earlier and that can deal with our humid weather. The amount of moldy bud I had to throw away hurt me deeply.

Due to ongoing medical issues I can't afford to grow indoors for now, so I'd like to ask those of you that grow outdoors what varieties you recommend?

I grew a bunch of landraces this year and cut my last plants on November 4th and honestly I'd like to grow some stains that mature much earlier and that can deal with our humid weather. The amount of moldy bud I had to throw away hurt me deeply.
Good morning and welcome to the greatest community on the web. I set my uncle up this year to grow outside. I cheated a little because of the cold spring we had. I started them in my room. Put them outside 4 weeks old, topped and trained. The auto flowers(Northern Lights) finished nicely before the cold set in. He did have a little mold issue. I received a soluable anti mold product that he used and saved a lot of bud. I will have to get the manufacturer of it for you. I think any fast auto flower of your choice would work. Cheers!!!

Good morning and welcome to the greatest community on the web.

Thanks jdeck.

I ended up down this rabbit hole through an organic thread I found. I have to say, the amount of info and the tone of this site is excellent. I wish I would have found it earlier.

As far as autoflowers go, I have some freebies I got that I'm going to try out this coming year. I'm an old school outdoor grower and even using feminized seed this year was new to me. Outdoor grown autoflowers still grow until 12/12, am I correct?

Thanks jdeck.

I ended up down this rabbit hole through an organic thread I found. I have to say, the amount of info and the tone of this site is excellent. I wish I would have found it earlier.

As far as autoflowers go, I have some freebies I got that I'm going to try out this coming year. I'm an old school outdoor grower and even using feminized seed this year was new to me. Outdoor grown autoflowers still grow until 12/12, am I correct?
Autos flower on their own time, no matter what the light schedule is. Some strains go longer than others.

Staggering a few autoflowers out side seems like it would work out for you quite nicely. That way you don't have to wait for them to finish up during the moist autumns we've been known to have.

Has anyone went and got themselves some dispensary cannabis yet? I'll probably be avoiding it because the price personally.

That's the first I've heard of any THC restrictions on rec vs med. I know they had to have the medical product sitting on shelves for 30 days before they can sell it as rec right now until they actually license some rec producers.

The whole thing just makes me sick. It's a scam and a disaster. Bureaucracy only adds headaches and costs.

That's the first I've heard of any THC restrictions on rec vs med. I know they had to have the medical product sitting on shelves for 30 days before they can sell it as rec right now until they actually license some rec producers.

The whole thing just makes me sick. It's a scam and a disaster. Bureaucracy only adds headaches and costs.
The strength or quality of the product between medical and recreational is something I have heard about or read about several times. It might be just a difference in the levels for edibles. Or maybe it includes any products intended for smoking.

I can understand some of what they are doing with licensing, sales, and what not since it is so new and they are probably trying to avoid a "wild west" in this new industry. But, I figure that they do not understand the culture and have gone a bit overboard. Charging thousands of dollars, non-refundable at that, to apply for a license and then 10s of thousands more for the actual license is an attempt to have some way of keeping speculators from jumping even though they have no business experience. Only thing is that it only allows big-money speculators who can afford the high fees and higher costs of building huge greenhouses or processing centers.

Being greedy is not working in California from what I have been reading and it is the California growers who have been pointing it out and explaining what is going wrong there. The same is going to happen here.

The black market will continue to supply the recreational market for a long time unless the state can get its act in order.

The only regulation I support is requiring mandatory testing of all products sold to the general public.

Restricting the source of seeds, or who is able to own/work for a business is not their concern.

As mentioned it only benefits the deep pockets. Got money but they went approve your name? Buy a different person to put their name on the licenses or file it through an LLC.

The monetary barriers are insane. The capital requirements for licensing a facility are absolutely ridiculous. Much less the application and licensing fees mentioned.

As much as people like to try and complain about capitalism the Cali market is a prime example. People will but what they want to buy and those businesses will be successful because of that. Right now they want the black market weed prices and the balance sheets clearly reflect that. The layers of bureaucracy add very little additional value to the product (testing labels) while increasing the cost of the product by hundreds of percentage points.

It's a crazy world and the Cannabis market is one of the crazier parts of it.

Has anyone went and got themselves some dispensary cannabis yet? I'll probably be avoiding it because the price personally.
[/QUOTE]
I got my medical card in 2017 when there were a dozen or more dispensaries in Lansing, prices for top shelf or good mids was reasonable and I would drive the 2 hours one-way to stock up on 2.5 oz. Now there a few dispensaries and the prices are around $280 to more than $400/oz. Now I do have some choices on the west side, but flower is either scarce or the same stuff they’ve had in stock for months. Now I’m trying to grow my medicine. Hopefully MI gets it right and competition naturally drives down prices...check out Weedmaps for dispensary prices in Portland OR where they have too much product in the pipeline. I just renewed my medical card more for two more years...may be my last.

I'm still laughing about your favorite edible being bacon.

The only regulation I support is requiring mandatory testing of all products sold to the general public.

Restricting the source of seeds, or who is able to own/work for a business is not their concern.

As mentioned it only benefits the deep pockets. Got money but they went approve your name? Buy a different person to put their name on the licenses or file it through an LLC.

The monetary barriers are insane. The capital requirements for licensing a facility are absolutely ridiculous. Much less the application and licensing fees mentioned.

As much as people like to try and complain about capitalism the Cali market is a prime example. People will but what they want to buy and those businesses will be successful because of that. Right now they want the black market weed prices and the balance sheets clearly reflect that. The layers of bureaucracy add very little additional value to the product (testing labels) while increasing the cost of the product by hundreds of percentage points.

It's a crazy world and the Cannabis market is one of the crazier parts of it.
I'm with ya turbo. I'm still dumbfounded at the application fees just at the township level. Non-refundable $5000 fee just to turn in the papers in my area. And that was for medical. They still haven't came to terms with recreational applications. Ummm.......hello.....you guys had a year to figure it out. Now it's for sale, and they still haven't figured it out. Every aspect of this drives me nuts. What the fuck happened to using common sense?
Sorry, only on my second cup of java.

Great Christmas...good down time with the family. Oddly fall weather here...more time for outdoor projects...cherry and oak dead seasoned and down for the cutting. First grow good so far...mid-week update pic. Happy New Year.
BD2F0CC2-6F55-4AF3-B136-496D5E267B7C.jpeg

A Christmas week project. Come up with a photo for the holidays. Sorry that it is out of focus. I have to get someone to give me a bridge camera for Christmas, or Father's Day, or my birthday, or just because they want to.

Rest of this weeks grow project was to harvest and trim these two Blue Dream clones. Finally did it yesterday evening while our daughter and her friend were over. No more harvesting till the middle of next month. Gives me time to work on taking cuttings and doing some transplanting.
xmas2019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom