Michigan Growers Unite!

I found out a local grow shop orders seeds from Cali Connection and will usually have them in one week. I try to buy local, so yesterday ordered Biocanna Vega and six Fem Corleone Kush seeds for my next grow. All will be in this Friday. Plants are still drying in the grow cab. Hope to start grow #2 mid February.

Chopped my first grow (GSC) last night...all four hanging in my grow cab after removing the light. Looking at seed options for my first grow. Thought I would share one when I saw the UM mug in the background.
6415AD8E-2E8D-4017-9DC0-53A77B8513B5.jpeg

I like the Brewery Vivant coaster as part of your background decorations.

I like the Brewery Vivant coaster as part of your background decorations.
That coaster gets regular use at the workbench. This morning is trim day...my first. First grow, first plant, first dry, first trim...38 grams off GSC 1C. A pic of a few of the tops buds follows. I will finish the other three after coffee. Then into jars to start the daily burp and watch. I will test out some scissor hasH later today as well.

9E72EF48-1671-46BA-8315-996037F11C19.jpeg

I haven't been on in forever. The family member I was mostly growing for passed, so I slowed things way down and decided to experiment a bit. I've always loved gardening and seed saving, basically anything to keep me outdoors. So I decided to learn more about breeding. I devoured everthing I could find on making feminized pollen and about three months ago I used it to pollinate some fast one autos. I'm still sorting seeds...
seeds 1.jpg

I now have a full jar full of seeds.

Just did a germ test a few days back (after letting the seeds dry for about 3 weeks) and it cracked :D I'm going to call my personal experiment a success. Since I had no idea how many seeds I'd get, I did three plants worth. I think I have about eleventy hundred billion seeds at the moment. Since I still have months worth of bud left over, I was able to take a few months off inbetween to try something. Might try to make Fem. Pollen and seeds on my cbd only strains next. :D

Happy growing.

Attachments

• seeds 2.jpg
    seeds 2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 268
Well hello Michigan growers :ciao:

I’m from just around the pond in shitty IL, I hope you all do mind me dropping in and saying what’s up. Think I’m gonna try and start one of these up for IL growers.
@BLDankula do you have any links you would suggest for learning to get my own seeds?

Well hello Michigan growers :ciao:

I’m from just around the pond in shitty IL, I hope you all do mind me dropping in and saying what’s up. Think I’m gonna try and start one of these up for IL growers.
@BLDankula do you have any links you would suggest for learning to get my own seeds?

Haha of course, stop on in.

Are you looking to make seeds or order seeds? All of our sponsors are great. I've personally had really good dealings with both seedsman and Dutch seeds shop.

Sup @TurboBucket

I actually got enough seeds to let me grow indefinitely especially with cloning now being a thing for me.. 11/11 with Rockwool atm(about a week in). That being said I ordered quite a few reg seeds and fem seeds from new420guyseeds and just wanted to knowhow to save or use the male to either create seeds with a female or collect the pollen for later use. I actually just found my answer on another thread here

@TurboBucket you say you”need to use it” Does the pollen ever go bad?

And yeah it forsure will.. I’m planning on building a led light for myself too haha. I’m all in at this point

There's some debate over how long it actually lasts. Moisture degrades it. It has a shelf life of some sort depending on how well it's stored. I've heard a year. Other folks say they've used pollen thats a couple years old. This stuff is over a year old so I'm curious what happens.

Okay good enough. So in other words your better off making seeds ASAP vs collecting pollen according to other sources.

I’m curious as to how yours I’m gonna work out. When you gonna do that?

I am late to the party as usual, but finally made it ... I have tried a few of the local rec places since I am close enough to walk to several of them, while ok, prices are just crazy.

Grower many many years ago and just jumping back in now.

Now what to do with these 15 year old seeds .... Any thoughts on how to get some of them to pop? No, they have not been stored in good conditions.

MI area: Tri City Area
Grow set up: Garage with 2 setups of 2x4 tents and TSL2000 and a 1000W MH
Grow medium: Soil with Bunny Honey mostly
Favorite strain: All of them, but tend to lean towards classics like White Widow, AK-48, Maui Wowie
Favorite edible: Meat – Have yet to try or make a THC edible ….
Hobbies: Hunting, Wine Making, Stamps, Tech, Gardening, Growing Weed, Aspiring to start a Microbusiness

Okay good enough. So in other words your better off making seeds ASAP vs collecting pollen according to other sources.

I’m curious as to how yours I’m gonna work out. When you gonna do that?
In my case I did both. I used Tiresias Mist to turn one of my girls into a boy, waited for it to start dropping pollen and then started collecting it in a small wooden box. I use little jelly jars to hold it in. When that was done, I put my male in the tent with the ladies (same variety male & female). I turned my fans off, then flicked the steam and closed the tent up for ten minutes before turning fans back on. Did this three times and I think everything seeded.

A friend wanted the male for their own feminized pollen so I gave it to him... And about two months after pollinated I harvested. Otherwise the variety would have been ready at about 7 or 8 weeks :)

Hey not sure if I introduced myself. In SW Michigan. Use soil and a Budget light in the fall winter and spring. Organic all the way. Just received another medical patient. I can have 60 plants. This year's line up includes Gelato OG Mama Mia C 99 x blueberry northern lights x big bud Jack Herer super skunk pineapple chunk and G 13 haze. I've had some success with each strain in the past. It's nice not to harvest all at once because they mature at different times. It's also nice not to go too much past the first week in October. Contrary to what most people believe plants in Michigan don't produce like in California. Last year 48 plants gave me 60 pounds. I'm happy with that. I can remember before I was in school helping my mother water her "tomatoes" I am 66 years old. Wish I would have paid more attention to what she did. She had nice healthy plants about 5 feet tall. Never smoked with my parents. Wish I had. By the time I was aware of what it was I had left home. Started growing medical about 4 years ago.

I have toyed around with the idea of becoming a caregiver myself. I truly enjoy growing and gardening and will likely end up with way more than I use myself. If I did I would be able to pass along some to people in need who can not grow it themselves.

If you grow outside the biggest worry are assholians. Some people call them rippers. I call them low life. I can drive anywhere and tell who is growing by looking at the fence. The cover gives it away. My cameras are will hidden. What is really fun is when the assholians put there hands over the fence and hit the electric fence. I have both a speaker and microphone hooked up. Makes for some good entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom