Michigan MM - Super Lemon Haze - From Seed

Jack Dos

Here are (5) Seeds of Super Lemon Haze.

They have been used on fine grit sand paper (approx. 1 soft swipe around the whole outside)

They have been germinated overnight in paper towel. Not to wet to cause rot/mold, but not wet long enough for this to happen anyway. Most say to let sit in water, wait for 'good' seeds to fall to the bottom, then, paper towel them for 24 hours. These seeds just sat in a moist paper towel for 24 hours. (less than 24/hr acutually about 18-20 hrs). They are about 1in. in length (From top of seed to end of tail).

They will be placed into rock wool for seeding 1st week of veg.
Using tap water (city water).

Lighting will be for 16 day 8 night. (Read that this helps to feminize plants)

Watering will be done via misting, from a 24oz bottle. Finest mist possible! I want to make it feel like rain to the plants.

I will only water until the water level is about 50-75g of weight.

The temperature (as you will see in this setup is constructed from nothing but a 6x3 closet in an apartment) is controlled by outdoor air. (approx 700ppm of CO2)

The exhaust will be from hand made carbon filters.

This is going to be a "Go-Green" setup im inventing. It's all off of a 12~15v .5~1.5a system.

It will use all low-voltage to better control heat/humidity/temperature and energy costs.

I'm using Ultra Kaze 120mm 3000rpm 133cfm 12v computer Fans. (approx 133cfm @ 43db of sound) at about 5000rpm's. They use only 1a and 12~15v DC. ( I purchased 15v 1.0a ac-dc plug adapters, 1 for each fan, 4 total. Exaust (x2), Inlet (x2).

These fan's control the exhaust and suck in fresh air from outside (Via PVC working)

The lighting will be provided by low-voltage cfl and led lighting. (Please don't roll-eyes and turn to another Journal) I have positive attitude towards this and hopes that it does well. That's what plants need, encouragement!

The humidity will be between 45-65, heat at night; high 60's low to mid 70's. During the day; mid to high 70's to low 80's

I've been doing a lot of research and reading. Probably more than one should about this.. but not to be any less than a botanist, but I am not.. so.. we wont go their.

Anyways, Here are the pictures;
IMAG00487.jpg

IMAG00478.jpg

IMAG00718.jpg

IMAG007210.jpg

IMAG007210.jpg

IMAG00737.jpg

check out my pictures to see how to make your own carbon filter/air scrubber

IMAG00277.jpg

More to come...

Please do not follow this Journal, but take notes instead. Just use it as a reference or educational use, as i do not condone the growing of cannabis. This is for medical use only.

Re: Michigan MM - Super Lemon Haze (From Seed)

Day 10. The roots have filled the rock wool and are looking to grow.

I made my own soil mix.
Sta-Green potting mix plus 40%
Perlite 40%
Blood Meal 10% N
Bone Meal 10% P
(read this mix from grandfather of weed)

This mix hits your seedlings hard. The N, will make your plants over toxic. I had to flush the plants twice before I got my leaves to stop reaching for heat, or drooping from toxins.

WAYYY to much perlite. This is great for old school. because it doesn't allow you to over water your plants. But, the added bone and blood meals are too early for this stage, and hits the plants hard.

I will transplant tomorrow or the following day, to bigger 3gal. containers/or/bags still deciding. Their was no other shock besides the heat/nutrient. The plants calmed down in two days. Although I didn't know this would happen, and I know its not good. But with 2 days to bring it back to normal I think that its doing well. The outside air and breeze helps... TONS. The lower humidity can be excellent for helping the plants and with bacteria. (So I've read).

Music as we seen on mythbusters has shown adequate results for plants. I don't know about weed but, some hard core music will make these babies just that much more extreme, right?

Here are the pics:

IMAG00689.jpg

IMAG006910.jpg

IMAG00707.jpg

More to come...

Please do not follow this Journal, but take notes instead. Just use it as a reference or educational use, as i do not condone the growing of cannabis. This is for medical use only.

Interesting setup you got going on. +Sub.
Also saw the episode of Mythbusters where they did the music comparison. I think it will work! How high do you set the volume? I might try that as well. You'll love the Super Lemon Haze, it's one of top request where I'm from.

Interesting setup you got going on. +Sub.
Also saw the episode of Mythbusters where they did the music comparison. I think it will work! How high do you set the volume? I might try that as well. You'll love the Super Lemon Haze, it's one of top request where I'm from.

Thanks man. the music consists of lamb of god and such artists. It's about 15db. Just over the hum of the fans. I was also doing nature sounds during the night and thunderstorm sounds when I water to give it the feel of outside.

I've tried slh hope it turns out just as good or better

Michigan MM - Super Lemon Haze (From Seed) [Day 14]

Well, these babies have 1 more day before I transplant them. I stayed up about 22 hours reading. I found a sweet site that corrilates to most of what I've been reading and im going to try it out.

What I've decided so far is that (2) of 5 of my plants have damage from nutrients.

You can see here:

IMAG00789.jpg

This plant suffered from nutrient solution burn from the bad mixture of soil. Also, over watering due to flushing twice. During flushing your plants will get extremely cold. The leaves will almost look like they are praying \ / . This will go down to drooping due to stress and over watering and now a N deficiency. (MAYBE!. As I am only basing this off of everything I read) DO NOT WORRY, they can come back with proper care and nutrients. It has been 3 days and it is just not starting to get back, after 2 flush's. The yellowing around the leaves and (browning) at the tips can be because of a Magnesium deficiency as well. Will be transplanting to new soil mixture. (this may hurt the plants transplanting them too much, but they are going in 5x a larger container so the roots shouldn't be stunned that bad.

IMAG00815.jpg

This plant may suffer from also Potassium deficiency. Due to the stretching. Magnesium deficiency with the yellowing and browning of leaves. This also looks like lack of Sulphur (S) deficiency. So I will make sure the next soil has all these included.

IMAG00795.jpg

This plant also got 2 flush's. But the nutrient solution got the best of it. You can see the swirling of the leaves caused by nutrient toxins. (I forget from what type of nutrient.)

IMAG00806.jpg

Strong and healthy. not too green not too yellow. Perfect. Slow growth due to lack of space for the roots. but that will be fixed soon.

IMAG00825.jpg

another strong plant.

IMAG00837.jpg

Two of the 5 bad plants. Lightly mist. I mean lightly. The spray bottles you should get, should have a turn off sprayer. This can get the finest mist possible. Give it to them like its raining, hold high in the air and let it mist down on the plants. This will cleanse the leaves and give them small moisture as well as humidity stability. Only give them about 4-6 sprays of mist. Just to cover the leaves. Then spray the bottoms as well to clean them. And wipe off any access water that is holding the leaves downward.

More to come...

Day (15) 13:45 EST. -

I've worked on finishing up the wiring. Everything but the last fan is done. I broke a clip. I'm deciding to hard wire or not (In fear of having to replace the fans, warranty is void if I cut the cords).

I'm still waiting on 3 []Dro Source |/\|orldwide UFO 90W lights. Full spectrum to come for the bloom/flower bottom section so I can wire those in.

I'm not for any company or lighting but these are the most affordable and wise choice for me (or so im lead to believe, with all the research and reading ive done. We'll all see)

Here's the video I watched that let me inside on some insight;
(If videos are not allowed to be posted/I don't know, but if so, admin please just remove the video.

YouTube - ‪Commercial Grow using LED Grow Lights‬‏

Anyways here are some day 15 pics;

IMAG00756.jpg

5ft tall on bottom 3ft on top.
7ft across. and 3 feet deep.

top: Sprout/veg
bottom: veg/pre-bloom/flowering

IMAG00765.jpg

Organic Soil Mix - MSC, ATTRA, OMRI, WSDA - All Organic

Any input, criticism, ideas, please throw them at me. More updates to come..

Guess not..

Anyways, here is the

organic mix for:

Seelings / Early Growing (Flowering is below);

50~55% Organic Soil - No Fert. No Nothing. No slow release (mcenroeorganicfarm.com - (518)789-3252 for orders))

1~2% powder seaweed (if not/then use liquid seaweed in spray/watering mix) - Used for its nutrients.

1% Alfalfa Meal (N,K) BURNS ROOTS USE CAUTION AND SMALL AMOUNTS (Alternative to blood meal, but mostly used to start composition) *Buy any garden store

1~2% Blood Meal (N+) High Nitrogen, Certified for organic use, BUT not for plants/food that animals will later eat [ie. growing corn to feed cows]) *But at any garden store

1~2% Bone Meal (P+) - acidifies *Buy at any garden store

1~2% Granite Meal (K+) *Buy at any garden store

15-20% Worm Castings (Use 10% if using different soil then stated, or if its included within the soil) (fertilizeronline.com) Organic matter for plant nutrients (Same as vermicompost/but cheaper)
Contains: Nitrogen, Patassium, Calcium, Iron

OR

15-20% Vermicompost (localharvest.org) Organic matter for plant nutrients / More nutrients than plan worm castings (more expensive too) always hand made usually by yourself, but their is one company (link above) - this is all matter from which tiger worms or red wigglers feed on and then poop out. ;) )

( Since I have both, I use approx 10% of each/ 10% worm + 10% vermicompost)

10% Rock Dust/Stone Meal (fertilizeronline.com) Used for basic minerals (Iron, Calcium, Magnesium ect..)

5% Humus (Acientforrest.com) (For basic plant nutrients) Alternative to Compost (all natural material) Nitrogen Mostly

5% coarst builders sand (Make Sure/No Sand Subs./ No Polymers) *Buy at any hardware store

Too Much (N) can cause bacteria growth. Too less, plans wont survive. This should be the perfect mix for (seedlings/pre-flowering)

Flowering Soil Mix;

Same as above, just add Fish Meal N+,P (5%) and subtract 5% from soil

MIX FOR WATERING:

Bio Vega - Read Instructions (For seedlings, do not use/pre-flower use slightly, then use as recomended)

Liquid Seaweed (IF NOT IN SOIL MIX ALREADY use = maxicorp powder seaweed.)

Thrive Alive B-1 0.5ml/gallon (First 2 weeks then 1ml/gal the rest)

Molassas - Use as wanted... I've found no reasonable doubt that this makes anything better... I do not use this...

Water.... Tap works best, but check pH levels... 6.5-7.2max.

MAKE SURE YOU FLUSH!!!! STOP USING FERTILIZER/MIX WATER AND USE PLAIN WATER 10 DAYS BEFORE HARVEST (WEEK 8 OF FLOWERING)

This mix is what ive reasearch for the past 3-5 days, about 4-6 hours a day. to be the best mix to what ive READ. I have not tried this yet, will get the supplies in about 5 days, then transplant everything to 3gal bags. (4gal if i can find them) but the mix will be the same nonetheless.

This mix will be truely organic. It will have all natural elements for growth, nutrients, with a mix of about 15~19 N,P,K across the board.

This Mix will drain properly, and will maintain the proper levels naturally for plant growth. Becuase the mixture is truely natural and has all elements to properly drain and keep nutrients you can water this normally keeping the soil evenly moist, and it shouldnt cause root rot, mold, algee, or mildue or bacteria. It contains natural fungi and bacteria that will kill unwated mildue or mold and prevent algee from forming. (should)

Remember to watch for damage and adjust acordingly. Do not add any Fish Meal unless your in flowering small seedlings cannot handle this much N content (stimulates growth) and can burn plants.

DO NOT USE FERTILIZER!:

Any manure, even if its bat guano... (I dont care what you say, any manure is bad. And once added to a soil, it does not leave. EVER!

REASON FOR ORGANIC:

Best taste from the plant, naturally.
Natural like enviorment.
Easy to maintain
NO TOXINS!
Let the green stay green. Smoke the Green. TruelyGreen, Green. ;)

Let's see this in action soon ;) - PLEASE COMMENT, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Well I see I don't have many followers. Well, in this case, I'm posting for my own refference.

I ended up changing to 2Gal bags. I used cloth bags so the air can flow freely and it will drain amazing. (Picks will be posted)

I also ended up changing my mix a little. Went with CocoGro for the ultimate clean mix. Will retain enough water and agitate the pot mix very well.

Here is the breakdown of what I ended up going with and what I used
*(As well as the measurements and amounts it takes for (2)5Gal bags/pots/buckets:

70% Organic Soil - No Fert. No Nothing. No slow release (mcenroeorganicfarm.com - (518)789-3252 for orders))
What I used: 70% CocoGro - any hydro store

1% powder seaweed (if not/then use liquid seaweed in spray/watering mix) - Used for its nutrients.

1% Alfalfa Meal (N,K) BURNS ROOTS USE CAUTION AND SMALL AMOUNTS (Alternative to blood meal, but mostly used to start composition) *Buy any garden store

1% Blood Meal (N+) High Nitrogen, Certified for organic use, BUT not for plants/food that animals will later eat [ie. growing corn to feed cows]) *But at any garden store

1% Bone Meal (P+) - acidifies *Buy at any garden store

1% Granite Meal (K+) - NOT rock phosphorous/phosphate *Buy at any garden store

5% Worm Castings (Use 2.5% if using different soil then stated, or if its included within the soil) (fertilizeronline.com) Organic matter for plant nutrients (Same as vermicompost/but cheaper)
Contains: Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium, Iron

OR

5% Vermicompost (localharvest.org) Organic matter for plant nutrients / More nutrients than plan worm castings (more expensive too) always hand made usually by yourself, but their is one company (link above) - this is all matter from which tiger worms or red wigglers feed on and then poop out. )

( Since I have both, I use approx 10% of each/ 10% worm + 10% vermicompost)

10% Rock Dust/Stone Meal (fertilizeronline.com) Used for basic minerals (Iron, Calcium, Magnesium ect..)

5% Humus (Acientforrest.com) (For basic plant nutrients) Alternative to Compost (all natural material) Nitrogen Mostly

5% coarse builders sand/all purpose sand (fine grade) (Make Sure to NOT use, Sand Subs. And doesn't contain Polymers) *Buy at any hardware store (I got mine at lowes)

When Flowering Starts:

Same as above, just add Fish Meal N+,P (5%) and subtract 5% from soil

MIX FOR WATERING:

Bio Vega - Read Instructions (For seedlings, do not use/pre-flower use slightly, then use as recommended)

Liquid Seaweed (IF NOT IN SOIL MIX ALREADY use = maxicorp powder seaweed.)
I ended up using powered in my pot mix and liquid in my. Both.

Thrive Alive B-1 0.5ml/gallon (First 2 weeks then 1ml/gal the rest)

Molasses - Use as wanted... I've found no reasonable doubt that this makes anything better... I do not use this...

Water.... Tap works best, but check pH levels... 6.5-7.2max.

Ok, WHEN WATERING;

I water like this;

With a fine spray bottle/mister. And, when I water, it takes about 30-45 mins depending on the weather/heat/humidity. I like to spray about 10-12 inches in the air, and let it come down into the pot mix, roll off the leaves, and do its thing naturally. I know everyone says DO NOT SPRAY YOUR PLANTS. Well, I know in nature, I know plants are not screaming up at the clouds telling them to rain the way they want, so, I'm going to continue to do it how nature intended. It seems to be working fine.

MAKE SURE YOU FLUSH!!!! STOP USING FERTILIZER/MIX WATER AND USE PLAIN WATER 10 DAYS BEFORE HARVEST (WEEK 8 OF FLOWERING)

This mix is what ive research for the past 14-17 days, about 6-8 hours a day (Now) to be the best mix to what ive READ. I now have this mix and am using it now. I have them in 2Gal bags. (4.95ea.)

This mix will be truly organic/NATURAL. It will have all natural elements for growth, nutrients, with a mix of about 15~19 N,P,K across the board.

This Mix will drain properly, and will maintain the proper levels naturally for plant growth. Because the mixture is truly natural and has all elements to properly drain and keep nutrients you can water this normally keeping the soil evenly moist, and it shouldn't cause root rot, mold, algae, or mildew or bacteria. It contains natural fungi and bacteria that will kill unwanted mildew or mold and prevent algae from forming. (should)

Remember to watch for damage and adjust accordingly. Do not add any Fish Meal unless your in flowering small seedlings cannot handle this much N content (stimulates growth) and can burn plants.

And Remember;
DO NOT USE FERTILIZER!:

Any manure, even if its bat guano... (I dont care what you say, any manure is bad. And once added to a soil, it does not leave. EVER!

Hey bro, maybe just a little constructive criticism... I think you might be over thinking things just a bit. Remember, our beloloved plant really is just a weed! It grows everywhere from the mountains of Afganistan to the cracks in a stadium parking lot.

Also, I might try to get those seedlings closer to the cfls. If those are standard household cfls somewhere in the range of 18-23 watts I'd try to keep them no more than a few inches away. They will love you for it!

:goodluck:

So, day 21/13. 21 day for 5. Day 13 for 1.

First I transplanted the (5) SLH to 2gal's, with the organic/natural mix I made.

IMAG01025.jpg

IMAG01073.jpg

(This is everything I ordered and purchased for the organic/natural potting mix.)

Then I mixed the potting mix and watered it as I went
IMAG01066.jpg

Data/Measurement's Were crucial as well as most important!
IMAG01042.jpg

REAL DEAL Vermicompost (That I didn't get to use, because I had so much worm castings)
IMAG01345.jpg

They will be stored in a dry,cool place for later use (during flowering) as seen here;
IMAG01405.jpg

I Take them out once a week and let them get fresh air, agitate the soil so they thrive as seen here;
IMAG01387.jpg

IMAG01377.jpg

Moving the plants from rockwool/soil mix was a disaster to say the least. I have two females ready to kill me for how I treated them. Here are some pics trying to remove the perlite and rockwool. (DO NOT USE ROCKWOOL =( I learned the hard way). As seen here;
IMAG01104.jpg

All perlite removed, you can see it has a healthy root system, but fails to grow due to rockwool. Their are two strong roots coming off this seedling. But due to stress on the plant from not being watered properly I must save her root system. As seen here;
IMAG01315.jpg

Her roots were well dried out. This is because the rockwool was sucking up all the water, and being in bags, they would air out too fast, causing hard stress on the plant. As seen here;
IMAG01326.jpg

As you can see in the above picture, many of the leaves have wilted, turned yellow, and have flaking and brown burn, as well as the stem has turned from purple to red. This is basically like leaving someone in the desert with no water. They are suffocating themselves. Stealing all the water they can from a direct source, as the roots have dried up and the plant is trying to feed off itself. So bad they are turning from purple to red and dying. I feel horrible for what I've done to this girl. I hope she forgives me and pulls through.

Another root damaged plant from lack of water.
IMAG01085.jpg

After 2 hours of a water drip, the plant has regained strength to pull its leave up again. The red has gone down to a mild purple. Lets put this girl back in dirt. I wish I could remove the rockwool.
IMAG01095.jpg

Strong seedling, day 13.
IMAG01126.jpg

End of the day, lessons ive learned so far. DO NOT USE ROCKWOOL for soil/soil-less potting mix's.

WATER YOUR PLANTS. By now you can water your plants. Make sure you water them enough, your girls will thank you when you do. You should water your plants, to when you spray, you see water stand for about 10th of a second then slowly soak into your soil/soil-less mix. With a gleam of moisture on the top. If your soil is sucking in water, and after 2 mins the top is dry, keep spraying. Come back in 5 mins, and do this again, until you see what happens, like I just stated (Water slowly soaks into the mix, with a gleam of moisture on the top).

If you see signs of purple, water. Red, omg water. But you will notice this happening from the leaves inward toward the main stem. If you see purple from the bottom of your main stem from the mix upward, you are watering too much. STOP. Your plans leaves might be green, But, sagging at this point if you have done this. Watch your plants and your plants will be sure to favour you back. Hope this helps people.

Hey bro, maybe just a little constructive criticism... I think you might be over thinking things just a bit. Remember, our beloloved plant really is just a weed! It grows everywhere from the mountains of Afganistan to the cracks in a stadium parking lot.

Also, I might try to get those seedlings closer to the cfls. If those are standard household cfls somewhere in the range of 18-23 watts I'd try to keep them no more than a few inches away. They will love you for it!

:goodluck:

FD223 your right, I am over thinking this. And you are absolutely right about it being a weed it can grow everywhere. But, I'm putting a weed into an environment its not used to. its not outside, in a rural area, with bugs, nature sounds, and rain. I completely agree with you. I just want my sh¡t to be the best out their with the environment it came from. I'm more than positive your right on over thinking and doing it. But thank you so much for reading and commenting. I will take it into consideration.

On the lighting mark. The lights in W1-3 were 12-16inches above plants, now they are in w4-W5 they are 18-22 above. I have 23/100W 6500k x12.
What I have on right now is only 8 of the 12. During bloom/flower is when the rest will go on. As my lights (Led's) are on back order and don't think they'll be coming soon. =(

Looking good. You know your soil recipes! For the future grow I'm going to mix my own and stop buying nutrients and additives. Growing organic the natural way, all the way. Once you release your product to the market, it has to be top notch. It's a good way to built reputation, and those who handles the business along the line. Can't wait to see them grow!

Now, this is some truly el-natural sh¡t we got goin on here. Check it out!
IMAG01585.jpg

As you can see the blood worms are loving their environment! If worms eat it, live and agitate the mix, and dot grow three heads and arms, then I know its healthy enough for my system. ;)

Here's six on day 22/14. I think were going to lose one of the day 22's (left, back). I have hope for her, but I don't think she has hope for herself =(
IMAG01595.jpg

just tuning in here and its a good journal bro. yea i would just pull the sick one so the rest dnt get bad vibes ahaha. anyways the light situation you should put them closer like 10-12 in away. no shit i do it all day no burns at all! god luck! i defiantly wanna keep looking into this grow, keep it updated!

Hello SSD,

and all tuning in. Thank you so much for your support. It's definitely appreciated as this is my first grow, with one of the best strands, I would like all the input I could have. I couldn't be more appreciative. Thank you all so much.

Now on to day...30/16 W5/3.

So, to all who say'd lower the damned lights. [Check] 12in on the dot above the lowest plant top.

I chose not to remove the bad seeds. As that what they are, they will be held back, as I have the room for them, and since I've done that. They are now growing green leaves and rapidly actually. (They just needed some TLC) It's as tall as sh*t, but it is growing, so I'll let her do her thing.

I did over water my best plant, boo. =*( Hopefully she'll come back in 2-5 days. Shes drooping. Still very green, no yellowing of leaves from stress (yet) and hope it doesn't happen, although it has had stress so im sure it will lose a few.

Anyways, Here are some piks of day 30/16 - W5/3:
16 hrs day / 8 hrs night = More Females / Slower Grow / Higher Yield / Healthier Plants
3x 23W 100W 6500k Lights / 3x 23W 100W 2300-3500K (12in above plants)

Day 30 Plant# 1 - Over watered - I have Faith! (below);
mail_google_com21.jpg

Day 30 Plant#2 - Healthy (Slow Growing)(below);
mail_google_com11.jpg

Day 30 Plant#3 - Bad Seedling - I have Faith! (Healthy Roots/Slow Growing/Weak Seed) (below);
mail_google_com3.jpg

Day 30 Plant#4 - Under watered - I have Faith! (In Recovery) (below);
mail_google_com4.jpg

Day 30 Plant#5 - Bad Seedling - I have Faith! (Healthy Roots/Slow Growing/Weak Seed) (below);
mail_google_com5.jpg

Day 16 Plant# 1 - Healthy (below);
mail_google_com31.jpg

Basic Water Issues and Signs;
If you see flush red stems, yellowing of leaves - water
If you see purple/red stems, yellow/brown curled leaves/drooping green leaves - De-pot soak roots on a drip, for up to 2 hrs (or until leaves can stand back on their own.)
If you see light yellowing leaves, green stems, drooping green leaves - Over Watering

Wow I wanna see the underdog make it with this grow.. I got faith!:goodluck:...geez they are all a month old now very stunted over all has to be a water/ph issue, What soil mix you doing and what nutes are they getting if any?

Don't understand what happened with your rockwool im a soil and hydro guy and have never seen anything like that and have been used sucessfully numerous times so definitly recalibrate your ph's/feeding to establish the rootball that should have been there at about 3 weeks veg(typically)..

Check my journal out(sigged).. Im using fox farm hydro nutes who also makes the industry standard in soil cultivation called Ocean Forest..heard many awesome reviews on this mix it should help..kinda hot for seedlings tho..

Your little ones will appreciate the extra light! I have a small vegging closet...maybe 2'x3' that I light with 18 cfls, and I try to keep them no more than 1-2 inches above the tops.

Back
Top Bottom