Michigan Regulation & Taxation Of Marijuana Act

parnelli

If you are a citizen in the State of Michigan I certainly encourage you to register to vote if you have not already done so. This November there is a proposal on the ballot to legalize the possession of MJ for recreational use. Check out the website below to see the proposal language for yourself - it proposes to regulate mj similarly to the manner in which beer, booze, and wine sales are regulated.

What do you guys think will happen? They are Treating the new medical license as it were commercial, to get it ready for when they do approve rec? And what will happen to caregivers? I just moved back to Michigan from Oregon where there rec is the same.

I was also reading that mmj Businesses and tax regulations don't allow businesses to write off anything but sales, meaning only product in and out. Bills, property tax all other stuff Cannot be compensated for. I don't see the profit in that....

I think MI will look to Oregon, Washington, Colorado, et al to see what those states are doing and try to take the best from their experience. However, it is still a federal crime so not much can be done yet relating to banking, taxes on business. There will be plenty of profit for those that get in early.

The most important thing right now is to build support and get everyone you know and then some to vote on election day or get an absentee ballot to get this proposal passed! Don't be complacent because those uniformed and uneducated citizens especially those that support Scheutte (Republican) will likely vote against this proposal.

Oregon has created it's own problems regardless of the cannabis scene. It's another left coast City eating itself over poor decision making in the upper echelons of government.

I don't care for the licensing structure here (MI) it makes it a playing field only for big businesses. That being said I don't believe caregivers are going anywhere. They will be the best place to find the highest quality product at the lowest cost. The distribution from them gets weird but if rec is legal peer to peer donations are ok so with some creativity like we're seeing in DC Colorado and California with buying a lollipop getting a bag you have room.

They sell Jack Daniels on the shelf but nothing can touch real shine. I think the marketplace will shake out in a similar manner.

Oregon has created it's own problems regardless of the cannabis scene. It's another left coast City eating itself over poor decision making in the upper echelons of government.

Oregon itself is doing alright. Portland, that Left Coast City is not Oregon. It is just Portland, which is out of touch with the rest of the state. Weed has become affordable here; with dispensary prices down as low as $100 per ounce; and with recreational growing allowing up to 4 plants at any given time (with many jurisdictions not bothering to enforce that, freeing the cops up to focus on the tweaker problems).

Here in the Eastern half of the state, weed legalization has more or less led to weed normalization, with it being a common topic of conversation many places, from grocery checkouts to restaurant chatter; and more people are getting interested in doing their own growing and experimenting. And a large portion of that is Generation X and older. It feels like many of us are taking it on as a serious retirement hobby, one that could even start having its own judging categories in another decade or so at local festivals, and even county and state fairs.

Whether the state and the commercial interests can claim a share of the benefits from this doesn't matter much. What is important is that We the People are deriving tremendous benefit from legalization; giving us the truly equal choices of doing home grown or buying commercially. We are showing that there is room for both.

Just got back from Oregon visiting a family member that moved there. It was a pleasure to go into a small shop; having a small business owner extol the virtues of their local herb; and having a strangely comfortable feeling driving away from that shop with some edibles and herb that if I encountered law enforcement I would not pass GO - not collect $200 - and go directly to Jail. I agree with Ravenplume's post and I hope to push Michigan legislators to put the pedal to the metal.

@Icetech yeah, I have seen it or some of them in Reddit but don't bother.

I figured a lot of people are just coming out and checking things out. Some are probably still concerned due to the federal legality. I just have found a lot of great info here and lots of like minded people that are willing to help.

Not sure what the forum rules are but it wouldn't hurt to get one going, help each other out, trade some tricks of the trade, seeds, buds, plants (without money exchange) and that kind of stuff

Back
Top Bottom