Microbes Fungi and Enzymes

rhetorrikz

Hi all . If anyone has time to explain a bit about this topic in layman's terms it would be much appriciated. The differance between microbes and enzymes are they differant things ? Do they work togeather ? What are there main objectives ?

Ive had some salt build ups in coco.. signs of n tox. Flushed 3x volume ph5.7. I would like to move away from h202 and give my roots some tlc.

At this stage im interested in learning about off the shelf products , ive been looking at cannazym and orca.. but im also open to other suggestions :thanks:

Enzymes break down organic material into water soluble nutrients that bacteria digest. Enzymes generally live inside of cells - since bacteria are single celled organisms, there are some enzymes that reside in cells and do their work from inside the "body" of the bacteria. On a larger scale, enzymes reside in our bodys (like in our digestive tracts) and act as catalysts- breaking down food much faster than it would be broken down otherwise. Enzymes are pretty complicated. I don't know if I could go into any more detail than that without going way into it.

So they work togeather feeding on organic material breaking it down and making it available for the plant to use? I guess also feeding on damaged roots ? Does this help in repairing burnt or damaged roots ? Or is it mainly benificial to organic soil grows helping in the uptake of nutrients ?

I found this today
Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts i read the whole thread BID was a great member of this community rip brother.
There was no direct answer to what im asking, but it seems tea's and bene's were added without ph'ing while chemical/synthetic ferts were allways mixed with a target ph of 5.8.

Wish i saw this pm.
does anyone brew teas to feed their coco, or coco mix, plants? I'm hunting for recipes. :) Links to post in other threads are fine too. In fact, if there is discussion of the tea and some reasoning behind the ingredients, that would be ideal. :winkyface:

check your inbox

And i liked this post from shottafire , he made a reference to what im trying but no mention about ph?
Hey delight which coco a and b nutes do you have anyways?

If you have canna I know that you never need to add more than 7.5 ml per gallon each of a and b if your using a ca/mg. if no ca/mg you just bump up the base to 10 ml or more if needed by the look of the plant.

I use some other additives as well when I start adding more addi's the base needs to be reduced. Typically if your feeding with bottled nutrients you want to keep your feeds not very strong but feed them frequently to keep the balance within the pot. When people let the pot dry too much in coco your balance gets thrown out of wack and so does the ph. keep em moist and keep the feeds steady and not too strong.

weekly teas are great as well.

Aha i found what i was looking for ... how did i miss it ...
Chemical nutes wont inherently kill them. A good tea is at about 7.0 pH. Conditioning that down to 5.8 for hydro can be detrimental (not real bad just adding in the acid will kill what it immediately come s in contact with) so you only do that right before adding to the res...better to add the tea directly to the res then scoop out some res and pH that down and pour that back into the res. Also adding the tea in is usually best done by pouring it through the medium in the baskets not into the res so the microbes get directly introduced where the issues are they need to working on.

These were a great read i think im beginning to understand
Live Res PH Control - How do you manage it?
Tea Bag your DWC

Just wasnt sure about the "you dont want to add ph down" and how it will react in coco? How would you adjust the ph safely when adding microbes ?

You adjust pH before adding microbes. I personally use soluble enzymes from kelp for less and root life microbes from key to life and never have problems with root health in my RDWC systems

Back
Top Bottom