Microscope at harvest time?

Do you use one, if so what lets you see all thats to be seen, can you photo or video with yours ?

I use the Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope, and Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base available from Amazon. The base the microscope comes with is difficult to use. They now sell a HD version capable of taking video.

full

Jiusion Digital Microscope and Stands

full

Sample Image from Jiusion Digital Microscope

full

Sample Image from Jiusion Digital Microscope at High Magnificatron

Someone mentioned these a while back (available via Amazon): "Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)," $12.89US. While searching for them, I also found "Clearance Mini 60X Magnifier Microscope UV Jeweler Loupe currency Detector with LED Light by HBeiSHE," for $4.66US.

I haven't tried either of these, although I'll probably end up purchasing one of them - likely the first one, because it appears to use a single, cheaper battery. Not on the level of the awesome-looking devices that Old Salt uses (but I'm guessing much cheaper ;) ).

Someone mentioned these a while back (available via Amazon): "Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)," $12.89US. While searching for them, I also found "Clearance Mini 60X Magnifier Microscope UV Jeweler Loupe currency Detector with LED Light by HBeiSHE," for $4.66US.

I haven't tried either of these, although I'll probably end up purchasing one of them - likely the first one, because it appears to use a single, cheaper battery. Not on the level of the awesome-looking devices that Old Salt uses (but I'm guessing much cheaper ;) ).

I have one of the Carson 60x-120x pocket microscopes. I find them difficult to focus, especially if you try at the plant. I cut a small piece of sugar leaf, and flower off the plant to check with the microscope. The setup I use goes for about $60 CAD, or $45 USD. Just the microscope is about half that. You do need a computer or device with a USB connector.

I have one of the Carson 60x-120x pocket microscopes. I find them difficult to focus, especially if you try at the plant.

<SIGH> That's the one I went ahead and ordered, lol. Oh well, it's bound to be better than the cheap (in every sense of the word) Chinese jeweler's loupe I had been using for the past several years since my (also a cheap PoS) Radio Shack pocket "microscope" got lost. That thing would actually be fine, at least for someone with anything close to decent vision... but the field of view is so incredibly tiny that significant vibrations (like a squirrel farting in the backyard) are enough to cause my hand to move that fraction of a fraction of a fraction of an inch and then I'm no longer looking at the place I painstakingly located. Rinse/lather/repeat/try not to hurl it out the nearest window.

I'll have to post a review on it when I get around to having a reason to use it.

BtW, I'm guessing that you could get all kinds of interesting pictures with your setup. Have you entered anything into our monthly photo contest?

BtW, I'm guessing that you could get all kinds of interesting pictures with your setup. Have you entered anything into our monthly photo contest?

Yes, the last image. It didn't do well.

Back
Top Bottom