Microscopic pictures of trichomes

I had a quick question about how to get good microscopic pictures of the trichomes on my buds. And I found a product on ebay, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it would work for what I need it to do. 20X-40X-80X STEREO MICROSCOPE W/ DIGITAL CAMERA - eBay

Hopefully someone here knows something about this. Thx for anyones and everyones help.

Does the head detach from the holder? It doesn't look like it. I'd be more interested in something like this Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope - 44302 on ebay. ;-)

Yeah, that looks pretty awesome too, and a lot cheaper. I just wish they had some screenshots of pictures that it (the camera) actually took. Im pretty sure that the one I was looking at was able to come off, what it looked like was that the camera kinda just popped onto one of the eye peices, and then you could pop it off to use it as a regular microscope. But the one you found was a lot cheaper so maybe I will start with that one, Thx sooo much Ms Fox, once again a wonderfull help.

No, I havent tried them yet. But I plan on ordering the one that the wonderful MsFox brought to my attention. It will probably be here in a wk or two. I plan on ordering it tomarrow. Ive had incredible success with ebay actually. I dont know if I have just been lucky or what but I havent had one problem yet. Well, I had one item get broken in the mail and the person auctioning it actually sent me a brand new one for the same price as the used one I bought from them, and it was a private vendor too so I lucked out there for sure. But I have gotten lots and lots and lots of stuff off ebay in the last 5 yrs (well over $7000 in the last yr for sure!). Anyhow, I will try them (the digi scopes)out and post their usability and performance on this thread. What month did you win plant of the month might I ask? I want to see the pretty girls!!

Re: Plant of the Month Contest - July 2009

SEM's or scanning electron microsopes show extreme closeups

It's a two step process, ultra ultra fine gold dust is sputtered onto a sample inside a vaccum chamber and the old sticks to the sample.

Then an electrical charge is applied and the sample lights up for scanning.

It's not a direct picture so to speak, but a shot of the agitated gold that's outlining the plants.

This device costs 10k to 1mm US$ depening on condition

Here's some shots of our favorite plant in an old thread

Scanning Electron Microscope image of female calyx and trichomes

No, I havent tried them yet. But I plan on ordering the one that the wonderful MsFox brought to my attention. It will probably be here in a wk or two. I plan on ordering it tomarrow. Ive had incredible success with ebay actually. I dont know if I have just been lucky or what but I havent had one problem yet. Well, I had one item get broken in the mail and the person auctioning it actually sent me a brand new one for the same price as the used one I bought from them, and it was a private vendor too so I lucked out there for sure. But I have gotten lots and lots and lots of stuff off ebay in the last 5 yrs (well over $7000 in the last yr for sure!). Anyhow, I will try them (the digi scopes)out and post their usability and performance on this thread. What month did you win plant of the month might I ask? I want to see the pretty girls!!

Well i bought a ps3 not so long ago...with some games as a present for my little brother and you know what?I never got the ps3..and the money is gone too..(more than 1.000 dollars).

Same happend with a mobile phone and more stuff..Ebay can be good,but can be very very bad too!

wow that blows man! Maybe its different in Spain too. Ive never heard of that happening here. The other thing is you always want to check to make sure they have good reputation. Almost everyone on ebay I buy stuff from is an Ebay Powerseller meaning they do a fair amount of business every month on ebay, so those companies can usually be trusted. But yeah that totally sucks man, sorry to hear that.

8021384810.jpg

imager: CMOS sensor , number of pixels: 300 000
effective pixels: 645 (H) x 485 (V) , input interface: USB 1.1/2.0
magnification rate: 50x/200x , min. illumination: 10-20 lux / F2.8-5600x
S/N ratio: 42dB , cable length: 1.2m , white balance: auto
white balance range: 2800-11000K , iris aperture: AES
shutter: 1/30 ~ 1/15750 sec , picture format: JPEG/BMP
power consumption: 65 ~ 100mA , dimensions: 38 x 165mm

I was planing to buy one of these...
I was wondering for your opinion ... is it worth 90euros?
what do you think ?

Yeah man, thats a lot for that specific product I think. honestly, I think you should be able to find one at or around US$50. that has the same specs as that particular one. Unless things are just expensive there., I dunno, never been much of anywhere, lol.

Back
Top Bottom