Microwave went Zap!

voodoochild

Hi all,

I harvested some of my first grow yesterday. I decided rather than wait (it's already been about 4 months), I took a small bud and tossed it into the microwave for 10 seconds for a quick sample. The first 10 sec. went fine. I let it rest for a minute and zapped it again to finish drying it - and all hell broke loose. the microwave sent a HUGE blue/white arc right to the weed. first i heard the weed crackle and then ZAP! I turned the thing off right away, and after a few minutes heated up a tamale to assess the damage to the unit. Surprisingly, everything was o.k.. This was a BIG SPARK.

I grew using nothing but organics. my guess is that the compost tea and very rich soil led to a build up in minerals which caused the zap. The bud itself was dry and unscathed for the most part - a very small section was brown.

Anyway, has anyone else ever experienced this. I am definitely going to let everything dry naturally before taste testing again.

btw - if the initial taste test was any indication - the grow went well. two toke smoke!

Thanks to all for your postings - i've been learning a lot! even though i don't post much, I read yours constantly. special thanks to Smokey & M.V.

vdc

:allgood:

Re: microwave went ZAAAAPPPPP!!!

Same thing happened when I put a wet $20 in to dry.

It was mother earth saying STOP DRYING YOUR WEED IN RADIATION!

:) Or maybe your micro wanted to get stoned off your new grow before you did!

use that to your advantage and make a giant vaporizer lol. don't know if it will work but sounds good to me but im hella stoned.

yeah lol. never happend to me. i never tryed microwaving my weed, ive only put it in the oven. well you live and you learn lol. so yeah have fun with your tweeds.

By microwaving it for any period of time you destroyed most if not all of the THC in the bud. Bad idea, just wait for them to air dry and cure properly before smoking.

i don't even microwave my FOOD, man... that shit is nuts... i would never stick something as lovely as the ganj in a nasty ass microwave... that shit is NOT SAFE!! lol... and roorman is dead right... once you turn on that microwave, even for a split second... all the THC is gone... vaporized... destroyed... you're better off smoking wet weed... why the hell would you risk putting it in the microwave? that's worse than putting it in the OVEN to dry... or in a frying pan... or in your bowl... and what do you mean ALREADY been 4 months? that's how long it usually takes... my first grow went for 5 months, not including drying and curing, and i was at LEAST able to wait till it dried all the way... remember, after drying, the bud's pretty much as dank as it'll be... you can sample some after that... the curing makes the bud taste and smell better... i mean... you waited 4 months... what's another 3 days??? hell... a small nug will dry in 2 days... why not wait that TINY bit longer???

voodoochild said:
...... The first 10 sec. went fine. I let it rest for a minute and zapped it again to finish drying it - and all hell broke loose. the microwave sent a HUGE blue/white arc right to the weed. first i heard the weed crackle and then ZAP! I turned the thing off right away, and after a few minutes heated up a tamale to assess the damage to the unit. Surprisingly, everything was o.k.. This was a BIG SPARK.......

The Microwave essentially works by dumping high power radio waves into the metal box at a frequency that makes water molecules vibrate and thus heat-up. Your lightning bolt is what happens when there isn't enough water to absorb the energy you were dumping in there. Usually doesn't do much damage, but it can wreck things and burn the paint.

As SF said, after waiting 4 months, what is another week?? Impatient growers tend to harvest 2-5 days too soon as well... Enjoy....

Hi all,

I harvested some of my first grow yesterday. I decided rather than wait (it's already been about 4 months), I took a small bud and tossed it into the microwave for 10 seconds for a quick sample. The first 10 sec. went fine. I let it rest for a minute and zapped it again to finish drying it - and all hell broke loose. the microwave sent a HUGE blue/white arc right to the weed. first i heard the weed crackle and then ZAP! I turned the thing off right away, and after a few minutes heated up a tamale to assess the damage to the unit. Surprisingly, everything was o.k.. This was a BIG SPARK.

I grew using nothing but organics. my guess is that the compost tea and very rich soil led to a build up in minerals which caused the zap. The bud itself was dry and unscathed for the most part - a very small section was brown.

Anyway, has anyone else ever experienced this. I am definitely going to let everything dry naturally before taste testing again.

btw - if the initial taste test was any indication - the grow went well. two toke smoke!

Thanks to all for your postings - i've been learning a lot! even though i don't post much, I read yours constantly. special thanks to Smokey & M.V.

vdc

:allgood:
Just went to dry a half delta 10 fatty , was little damp , blue arc right off the rip .. I tried for 30 more sec nothing till last 5 sec , sparked and actually lit the damn joint , I had to run it out , hopefully wife won't smell it , smokin it now on porch didn't have to light it , freakin weird

Just went to dry a half delta 10 fatty , was little damp , blue arc right off the rip .. I tried for 30 more sec nothing till last 5 sec , sparked and actually lit the damn joint , I had to run it out , hopefully wife won't smell it , smokin it now on porch didn't have to light it , freakin weird

Even though this thread is 16 years old: Microwaves will "Zap" if theres a small wet mostly round object being cooked. It creates a plasma ball. Never heard of weed doing it, but grapes do it all the time. It can also be a sign of a dirty or cracked wave guide.

Even though this thread is 16 years old: Microwaves will "Zap" if theres a small wet mostly round object being cooked. It creates a plasma ball. Never heard of weed doing it, but grapes do it all the time. It can also be a sign of a dirty or cracked wave guide.
Solves that then , this was few days ago

Say what you would like. I jar my flower grows, when air dry and place a Bovida type product to keep humidity at 63% put it away for months and even years. Hate to say but I am chronic, chronic old man. I grind up about an ounce at a time so I am good for a bit. I microwave my 63% herb for 30-35 seconds then let cool before grinding, it grinds up so nice and packs very well, cleans up so nice,. Now many members tell me that is ruining the THC, I don't think so l have been doing this for years, decades I tell you, all is well with a microwaved supply . Some will say that because they heard it somewhere, but I have been doing it for long time. The same person will tell you they can taste the difference between organic papers and bleached, then smoke a blunt, come on. So try it, nuke a 3-4 day supply and see how that goes for you, much easier to handle.

Back
Top Bottom