Midnightexpress Autoflower Journal

Day 46 from seed . I've added another red spectrum cfl to the mix so there's a 200w dual spectrum cfl in the hanger , a 20w and a 23w red spectrum cfl to the left of her and I've added another 20w red spectrum cfl to the right of her .

DSC_024710.jpg
DSC_024510.jpg
DSC_02469.jpg

She's filling in the gaps :) . I've heard bigbud and overdrive are great so I think I'll get some for next time . Also I think its worth stating I dont have a carbon filter yet and there's no smell ! This is a very very low oder autoflower strain , great for a stealthy OP !

I started this journey with 420 as I was lead to believe this site was really helpful for noobs . Had this journal up a few days now and only one person stopped by . Come on people whats happening lol .

The people here are very helpful indeed, but they do need a way to find your journal, or you. I mean try subscribing to other peoples journal, ask for advice or just let people know you are around because there is no other way they can find out about this grow.

Progress so far seems good. I see a pH imbalance or some sort of over feeding happening with the burns and the rust spots which are usually a mg/ca deficiency (could be that the ph is too low).

If you see the burns progress flush her. A good feeding schedule is water-feed-water-feed and so on if you feel that you have been overdoing it.

The thing with autoflowers, they really dislike food, just the medium is enough to keep them happy. There are some strains that enjoy a full feeding schedule but so far I haven't met any :biglaugh:

Also try some organic alternatives, they're easy. Just bake some banana peels with some eggshells for 20 mins in the oven, after grind them up in a fine powder and mix with water and some molasses, and there you go cheap organic food rich in P K and Ca. The best thing with organic food is that you don't need to adjust the pH.

She will indeed fill up more, think of a way to support her branches because they look a little thin and they will bend under weight, like some sticks (bamboo are cheapest).

Keep up the great work!
:circle-of-love:

Hey daTenshi thanks I wasn't to sure how why nobody was stopping by I'll take your advice and I'll get some bamboo soon . Also I upped my nutes from 2.5ml per litre to 5.0ml per litre and like you said I thinks this has caused alot of nute burn so I'll give her a good flush . I was thinking she could go to 75 day's from seed so plan to stop feeding nutrients all together from day 60 and feed water only for the last 15 days to help the final flush . Does this sound ok ?

Guess that's a little on the high side, but it's good overall.

Maybe think of adding some molasses to your water instead of nutes, she will love you for it, she uses the carbs to make big fat buds. I am not personally a fan of bottled nutes because I've lost one too many girls to them. Specially autoflowers, they are very tricky. Some love food, some hate even the soil if it's too hot. I think of them like people, we have different taste and different things that make us sick as well :laughtwo:
When it comes to auto's I personally l leave them do their thing, and as soon as I see them pistils I start adding molasses, and that's pretty much what they need through their life. Never seen a deficiency caused by lack of food so far.

Thanks for the advice I'll get molasses ASAP :) I was think of getting bigbud and overdrive as my friend said they got great results with these products but they don't do auto's

Hey daTenshi so I'm taking your advice , this girl's day 50 from seed and I've fed her water only . Would you suggest I don't use just water till harvest ? Thanks again :)
DSC_02678.jpg
DSC_02686.jpg
DSC_02706.jpg
DSC_02718.jpg

I think so, maybe do a schedule of water-molasses-water-molasses and so on. You'll see the buds getting fat real fast from her using the carbs. The burns don't seem that severe, and you'll see her using those fan leafs as food, eating them up and focusing that energy into making the flowers bigger. Don't remove any of them until they're completely dead, they're an important food source on the last part of her life cycle.

Thanks very much daTenshi , I'll follow your advice ;) I'm looking into purple cheese auto or blue cheese auto . Would you suggest I treat all autoflower strains the same , in future less nutes and use molasses ? And obviously buy or make a carbon filter as these give off more oder . Thanks again :)

Not really the same, but you got the main idea. If you have a good soil there is really no need for any additional things unless the girls ask for it.

I'm looking at ONA Blocks right now for odor control, they seem pretty nice in a small space.

As for any future grows, right now I have a Black Jack auto from Sweet Seeds, she is doing awesome under my CFL's. Really bushy plant with huge fan leafs. Got it as a free seed with my order and as soon as I planted it just amazed me and ordered a pack. Will link it in a PM as I see they are not 420mag sponsors anymore.

Yea ona blocks look good I've seen a vid where a guy gets a bucket with a lid and a pc fan. ,he draws a line round the pc fan in the middle of the lid and cuts the square out with a scalpel . He fits the fan in the lid puts the gel in the bucket then puts the lid on so the pc fans taking the air into the bucket and onto the gel . He drills a few holes to let the clean air escape and thats it . Nice little idea hope it might help ;)

I am really bad at diy things, so I'll go for the easy method, drill some holes in lid and leave it there to do it's thing :laughtwo:

Haven't bought it yet though, found a really nice site locally that sells everything you need for growing, and waiting to place a bigger order.

My Black Jack is already starting to stink up the house and she doesn't even have any trichnomes, I'm not worried because I have great neighbors that are not nosy and never had complaints. My first grow indoor was smelling up the whole apartment building, I'm sure they smelled it too since it was hitting you right in the face when entering the building. But you know, I don't plan to risk it, even if they seem nice and never reported me, it's a 1st for everything :biglaugh:

Glad I could help! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom