Mike's COB Grow In 2x2 Tent - Red Shiva

So finally got my lights up!!! Very excited to see how these work. My next question would be how far from the plants do I keep them right now? They are a week old. Here's a picture of my cob frame/light that I put together.

20171005_161641.jpg
20171005_161627.jpg

Mike you might want to keep them 18-20 inches away. At maybe 24 Watts or so. You'll see how much they want but I wouldn't go any lower than 18in.. Looks Good!

I don't think I mention this I'm using passive heatsink so I don't need the fans on each one but have one fan on top just to be safe.

I ran 2 small 4in fans down and never had a problem with heat. You should be ok. Gets to warm add another...

This morning I woke up and it was too cold. I forgot to close my window so it got down to 63 for a bit. Hopefully didn't do much of a problem. I turned my heater on and got it up to about 70. I think they should be fine.

So if they start to stretch for the light does that mean I have to turn up the light?they are not stretching just want to know how can I tell when they want more light?

This morning I woke up and it was too cold. I forgot to close my window so it got down to 63 for a bit. Hopefully didn't do much of a problem. I turned my heater on and got it up to about 70. I think they should be fine.

So if they start to stretch for the light does that mean I have to turn up the light?they are not stretching just want to know how can I tell when they want more light?

Mike they should be fine with the cold you said. It takes a lot lower temps to affect them like in the 50's or so. Give them some time and they will start to grow to the light. I don't think turning them up would help. Each time mine grew about and inch or two then I would dial the light up maybe a notch or so. Just remember that if you give them to much the leaves will start to curl. Even when I was in later flower I never had to turn them up all the way. I think the most was about 3/4 the way up but didn't have to turn up all the way.
You can try to turn them up but remember to stay at least 18in. From the canopy. Different strains may react differently also. So just keep an eye on them if you turn the lights up...

I know I put my first cob build but never put pictures of the build. I did not take many but it's something. I used 1/8 thick angle aluminum and cut all 4 pieces to 20inch. Put them together. Cut 2 more pieces and put them inside and aligned my cobs 5in from each side. Used 18gauge wire to wire them in series.

Screenshot_20171002-105718.png
20171002_174939.jpg
20171002_162747.jpg

Today is day 13. They seen to be growing but one of them is curling down quite a bit. I did not water for 2 days and was dry so I know I did not over water. I lowered 2 of them about 4 inches more to see if that helps them. The one in the middle seems to be taking everything fine.
I watered today with molasses. I don't measure how much I water I just give them what I think they need. I do however mix 1tablespoon of molasses to 1 gallon of water then got it to ph level of 6.2

Here is a picture of today

20171010_170631.jpg

Back
Top Bottom