Mike's Soil - Bag Seed Grow Journal 2011

I bought a real thermometer that will give me overnight readings pics are below. Hopefully I clipped the right amount. While I was trimming it I kept :yummy:

It should be done growing upwards the plant should have root balled by now.

Pre-clip
IMAG00767.jpg
IMAG007810.jpg

attack of the clones
IMAG00796.jpg
IMAG00816.jpg
IMAG00848.jpg
IMAG00938.jpg
IMAG00946.jpg

Post Clip
IMAG010010.jpg
IMAG01014.jpg
IMAG01026.jpg
IMAG01036.jpg
IMAG01052.jpg

looking good, u seem to have a sharp plan of attack. I'd not leave those dead leaves in the planter if you haven't already removed them...dead stuff attracts unwanted problems. You might wanna put a little humidity cover on the clones for the next week/10 days 'till they firm up. you should know within 2 weeks if they'll take or not...don't get discouraged or upset if they don't, nothing ventured nothing gained & no real loss in trying either way.

Slam Mommasan with 11 hours of light, some bloom nutes & push her butt into gear.

Good luck, ur plant really does look good, i'm envious. Hopefully a few of the people who actually DO know what they're doing will now step in and guide you the rest of the way out to a successful harvest 'fore my dumb arse helps get ur lady killed.

Great grow, your plants look very nice. When those clones come through your going to have a forest. I Can't wait to see your girls when they get their big flowers!

You beat me too the punch again John pics below. I moved the clones to an unused bathroom keeping the humidity in the room high (70+)

That damned white spot is back!!! GRRRR

IMAG01144.jpg
IMAG01156.jpg
IMAG01165.jpg
IMAG01178.jpg
IMAG01186.jpg

Damned white spot
IMAG01196.jpg
IMAG01217.jpg
IMAG01238.jpg

Clones
IMAG01246.jpg
IMAG01259.jpg

IMAG01204.jpg

I wouldn't worry 'bout the spot too much. Mommasan looks like she's doing fine after getting her legs shaved...that's all that's really important. Remember what i said 'bout not getting upset if the clones don't take 'cause they looking a tad sad. When you're about ready to harvest that gorgeous girl you got there, maybe look around the forums for info on revegging and cloning in preparation for the next grow...judging by how well this one seems to be going, I'm sure you're hooked.

Cheers,
John

Thanks John for your help; I am going to give the clones some more time they may take root. I have them in 24 hour light and high humidity. If they take they take they do look bad some of the bigger ones look alright for now.

Actually, it looked to me like two of the bigger three were doing fine which is funny as the bigger ones are usually harder for me, lol. I think maybe 24 hours of light might be too much, but hang w/whatever you're doing now; I'm gonna see if I can get a friend to stop by your thread who's actually good at clones. He's been having a go of things lately, so who knows. But it won't hurt to ask.

This gentleman is really good @ outdoor "Giants" similar to yours and also clones...one of the nicest folk (among quite a few here on this site) you'll ever enjoy conversing with. He says he'll try & stop by to give you some "real" advice if he's able to lend a hand...which I already know he'll be able to.

In the meantime, check out his thread...it's a long & bountifully loaded grow, & truly relates perfectly with what you're doing...you'll love it.

MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insane!

Cheers,
John

Thanks John you seem like a good neighbor :thumb: (hint hint ;) it's a small world). My girl is thirsty she drinks daily 2 gallons (PH'ed) via the weight method. The clones... well lets just say they are more or less :rip:

This stuff that I smoke when my main source is tapped it is an indica strain but baggers can't be choosey

Thanks for your support John

I will check out MacG's Grow

-Mike

Hello Mike,
welcome to :420:!!!!
your lady looks like a healthy hoss now! Grats on that for sure.

forgive me as i am going to start from the beginning as i am jumping in late.
its hard to get around to all of the Grows.

First and foremost... there are holes in the bottom of the 30 Gal containers....?
when starting a plant from seed in the container that you are going to keep it in it is best to give them gentle feedings starting from the center and working out. use a small cup... depending on the "bag seed" (shwag of dank/ pretendies) they can be interesting... even though it is true that a seed from shwag can be a monster... there is a higher possibility of having weak genetics.

the white spot is most likely a nute splash.. nothing to spend any energy on just pull the leaf.(both early and later pics) if its early on than it really doesnt matter as it will come off anyway in flower.

i think your choice to start with FF and their nute line was a good choice.... i know everyone is moving to "super soils" (OC+ and others) and they do work.... yet i am not a fan of them as i seem to have a sensitive Palette and even with a 3+ week flushing i can still taste it. (half of the MMC's in Denver area now use them, i wont buy my meds at any of them...) again not dogin on them just not my cup o tea! i like organics

for the stretching limb.... tie it up so it will be able to support it weight....
i think you did a good job on the defoilation and could even take a little more... concentrating on large fan leaves only.... from the bottom of the stretching nodes/branch.... as they are just undergrowth that will dry up in bloom and the energy isnt needed there.

my normal method is...
"skirt" the bottom third of the plant 2 weeks before initial Bloom starts (this is normally all larf in bloom and i would rather have my energy concentrated in to only a few spots)
after first 2 weeks bloom i come back threw cleaning the bottom third again and pull any long straglers and large fan leaves
4-5 weeks bloom i go threw the canopy and pull any large fan leaves thatare crowding the buds.
i dont touch them again untill i am ready for harvest, i pull all remaining fan leaves and put the plant in to darkness for up to 72 hrs. than hang dry and so on....

for clones... i recommend taking off alot of the larf as you can.... any leaves that are lower that the top node can be removed... this gives the clone less to try to keep alive while its growing roots, i also cut any big leaves in half to encourage root growth and not leaf growth..... was that a blanket draped over them? you want them to not be weighed down by something..... let them stand tall... just throw another cup over them as they do not need light to root..... root development happens in the dark!

ok well i think i caught back up.....n ill have to go back threw to see if i have any more pointers...

i would suspect that you should be able to finish her up in time outdoors but definitely have the attic set up in case u get an early frost.
your lady looks good... the only thing that i see sit maybe a slight cal mag deficiency

i will try to stop in once more before i leave on my honeymoon to check how your doing.
good job and remember its all a learning process that NEVER ENDS! ive been growing for many years and still learn something new every day!
:nameste:

Hello Shaggy thanks for stopping by

Yes the containers have plenty of holes at the bottom almost swiss cheese like. I have given up on the clones and putting my efforts on the big one. I will put in some vitamins in her feedings from now on. Also the main cola's have pink hairs probably nothing pics below.

IMAG01265.jpg
IMAG01277.jpg
IMAG01284.jpg

This gentleman is really good @ outdoor "Giants" similar to yours and also clones...one of the nicest folk (among quite a few here on this site) you'll ever enjoy conversing with. He says he'll try & stop by to give you some "real" advice if he's able to lend a hand...which I already know he'll be able to.

In the meantime, check out his thread...it's a long & bountifully loaded grow, & truly relates perfectly with what you're doing...you'll love it.

MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insane!

Cheers,
John

:rofl: Thanks for the kind words. It took me a while but I found it. Just want to let you know I'll finish catching up here shortly. Right now gotta eat my breakfast! I'll be back!!!

Hey Mike,

I'll join in and pull up a chair if you don't mind. Not sure how helpful I'll be, but if I can be of help I will. See you in a little while!

:peacetwo:

Thx Shag & MacG...knew in my bones ya'all were the "salt of the earth." Hhhmmm, perhaps that why there's no "salts" building up in your pots :)

Hi Mike. Just got back and finished reading your journal. Great start for your first grow! Now to the issues...

I pretty much agree with jamesthe3 and Shaggie have already posted. Your very lucky to have that quality of help. They are both very knowledgeable.

I only might add a couple of items or maybe I missed these minor things while reading. So here goes!

Cloning:

When you take cuttings only take them from healthy strong plants that you really trust. Don't feed the mothers nutes. Wait for a couple of day's after the last feeding to take cuttings. This will help in root development because they will be trying to uptake nutes. Instead they'll start getting rooting hormones that you used. You did use some didn't you? Can't remember if you had or not. But rooting gel like Olivia's or any other gel is fine. Add a weak solution of root starter to your soil/rockwoll or whatever. Rapid Start by Gen Hydro is supposed to be great stuff, but I think it's way over priced. I decided to try it in my new EZ Clone so the juries still out on that as they have only been in the cloner for 24 hrs.

When taking cuttings for cloning select newer growth at the bottom or middle of the plant. I have found that the younger branches tend to root easier. Not sure why. JM2C. Also you want cuttings that have several branches growing out from the stem. This helps assure that the cuttings are mature enough to handle it. Though I have seen growers take really small cuttings with success. I have had better luck with cuttings that have at least four double branched sets. Cut all these off except the final top 2, trim the leaves as Shaggie mentioned. (Great write up Shaggie :thumb:)

I use small bonsai clippers when taking cuttings. I place the cuttings in a cup of water immediately. I trim as stated above then using a new sterilized razor blade I cut the excess stem off at a diagonal (I have read that a diag cut is unnecessary). I set in a shot glass full of rooting gel for a few minutes then plant it. Water it in with a very mild solution of rooting starter. Keep the clones under a hood and mist with a fine water spray once a day or so. Not sure about lighting as Shaggie mentioned. Roots don't like light for sure, but I used run of the mill grow lights from Walmart before and it seemed fine at 18/6. You can also place them near a window. Temp is important, 72 deg is ideal.

You may be experiencing some cal/mag deficiencies. It seems minor and may be just a little nute burn going on there. FF trio is powerful stuff so go easy if you suspect that is nute burn. Hard to tell exactly from the pics. I have burned the heck out of my grows and learned the hard way.

Are you using any mineral supplements like cal/mag?

What is your runoff ph? Check it out if you haven't already. This will tell you if your plants are up taking all the nutes they need.

FF trio suggests flushing between each phase. I'll assume your using Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching. Right now it looks like the plants should be on Beastie Bloomz or my timing may be off. Anyway before switching to the next in the trio flush the plants real good with plain old water. You can use Clearex also either way is good. But this is an important step as it helps keep salts from building up in the soil and locking out all the nutes. Also, if you don't do a good final flush well then you will be smoking all that junk!

Also be careful when you feed the girls not to splash nutes on the leaves when the sun is out as it will burn the leaves. Some of the cal/mag/nute burned looking leaves may have been caused by this.

Oh I almost forgot. Do you use some kind of carbs to stimulate growth? Unsulphered molasses is cheap and does a great job. I use 20 ml per gal every once in a while to give them a little natural sugar/carb boost.

Finally about that white spot... just cut the fckr off! :)

Hope this helps some. If nothing else it gave me a chance to check in and wish you luck. I'll try to check in as often as I can. Also don't be afraid to jump over to my journal or PM me and ask me to stop by and check something out. I'll help the best I can. Your on a roll, and I wish you the best!

:peacetwo:

Okay Mike...game on, the Pro's have finally arrived. These two are the "sheet" and when it comes to growing, most honest gentlemen around. When it comes to "politeness" the hearts are pure but the honesty "wavers" lol. Where as I might chime in with a few ignorant comments from here on out 'cause I'm enjoying your grow so much, you'd best be served w/ a "ahem, John said it might be best to ask Ya'all" approach to any input I suggest...They're just to polite to say anything other.

They say you should be able to bring her in outdoors, so I'm pumped & hope you are too. Can't wait to see the final stretch, have a feeling this thread's gonna turn gold....Columbian Gold, that is...couldn't resist that !!

Cheers,
John

Surrounded by :circle-of-love: thank you all for the support unfortunately I am away from my lovely for the next few days maybe back to them Monday or Tuesday they are with a caretaker right now some things cannot be helped. My neighbor is looking after them with specific instructions. I left a setup of premixed nute mixture and superthrive very acidic solution(mostly water in 16 oz container) turned the test liquid bright red mixed with the 2 gallons of 7.0 water (my water is very neutral) it should even out (prays with John)

Clones the attack has failed after reading the advice below I know what the problem was the room was too hot it got up to 85f in there I turned off the a/c so the humidity stayed high well I will file this under educational. I did use clone gel the purple color stuff.

I agree I may adding too much nutes and it will continue as the instructions too the caregiver state aggressive nutting. I have switched over to tiger bloom as the nute of choice. Need to say it again *PRAYS WITH JOHN*

Doing PH on the run off will be difficult as the container will be very heavy with water and sometimes there is no run off with the 2 gallon feeding soil looks very moist at 2 gallons. Hmm she is sticky right now the leaves I pulled were so covered if a fly landed on here I don't it would escape :) though sticker the better will look for the molasses when I get back
I probably missed something I will post details when I return home next week if she is still with us

I am back and I have some teaser pictures from the attic more pictures tomorrow after I move them outside. Plant C clone will need to be clipped first thing tomorrow... need to remove some of those larger leaves from plant C main but how much?

IMAG01307.jpg
IMAG01316.jpg
IMAG01327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom