Milestone Hearing On San Diego County V. State Of California

Marianne

WHAT: Hearing on the State's demurrer in the case of The County of San Diego v. The State of California
WHEN: Friday, June 2nd at 2:30p.m.
WHERE: San Diego County Superior Court, Dept. 64, 330 W. Broadway, San Diego
WHY: This hearing may determine the fate of the state's medical marijuana law. The County of San Diego is attempting to overturn Proposition 215,the Compassionate Use Act, and are now being joined by San Bernardino County (Merced County has also filed to intervene in the lawsuit). San Diego County is arguing that federal law, which considers all marijuanaillegal, preempts California's medical marijuana.

The State is arguing that the County of San Diego does not have "standing" to sue the state to repeal a voter passed initiative, and is requesting that the case be dismissed.

In addition to suing the State of California, the County of San Diego has named San Diego NORML as a defendant. The hearing tomorrow will focus on demurrers from both the California Attorney General and San Diego NORML. If the demurrers are granted, the lawsuit will be dismissed. If either demurrer is denied, the case will continue to the next stage.

Please come out to this milestone hearing in San Diego!

Newshawk: Happykid - 420Times.com
Source: Americans for Safe Access
Author: Kris Hermes

Thanks a lot GS. I'm more informed on this stuff than I ever was before and I love it. I hope you guys can benefit from this as much as I do. :)

I wouldn't worry.. just a stall move to postpone the inevitable. The SD Supervisors will more than likely be chastised by the court because it is a frivolous suit. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

HappyKid said:
I hope so Pinch. I doubt county can override statewide voters.

Ms Happy.. Exactly! :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom