Military or Marijuana?

GanjaMan417

Thought I would ask you guys what would be a better decision I'm not new to any of this I used to grow and have a lot under my belt ahaha and I love it. I've been clean now for 3 months and every now and then I just start to miss smoking more and more.. I stopped because I was having problems with aneixty.. The last 2 years of my life have gone by without many accomplishments either besides getting a job, working.. I'm currently not in college anymore and it's been two years now..

I'm now debating going into the military (Army or Air Force) and getting deployed is really not a concern for me.. I just feel like I need some guidence and I'm just tired of the same routine it's the same as it was when I smoked just not as much fun.. ahaha I just feel like I'm not getting anywhere and need to make some kind of decision. I just want to get somwhere in life and have good benefits and be able to enjoy myself more.. I mean I could always smoke once I'm out of the military right??

I want to know what all of you guys think.. marijuana has always been a passion of mine.. from growing to smoking.. I love to travel and have always wanted to take that trip to amsterdam and see europe stoned and take things in more you know? I am only 20 going on 21 and still young but would it be a big mistake to waste 4-8 years of my life in the military or stoned?? I want to follow my heart but I'm just so lost right now at first I thought I was doing the right thing to not smoke anymore but was still for it.. Now I'm at this point and I'm just even more confused..

I need some advice people help me out.. :allgood:

Military? You got to be kidding! You ever been wet, cold, and hungary for what seemed to be forever? You ever been out in 110 degree heat for long periods of time? You ever had your ass shot at, or had to be around booby traps and roadside bombs?
Take it from an old vet, the military is not what you are looking for.
Unless you are looking to live around a bunch of other men with damn few or no women in the picture, except for maybe the municipal camel.

Marijuana. Everyone I know who has joined the armed forces is regretting it now.

Especially with the way its going now, osama wanting us to turn islamic .. I'm not putting down any religion, im just not religious. When the shit goes down im heading for northern canada lol, grow my own pot.

Remember this:

RECUITERS LIE !!!

ask anyone who is now, or ever has been, in the military.

It appears that smoking marijuana wasn't the cause of your problems if nothing has changed in the last 3 months. It's not what is going into your lungs, but what is going into your head. War is a horrible thing. If you are having anxiety problems, the military is NOT the place for you. Find a reason/person to live for and go for it!

Hey GanjaMan417. First I want to give you mad props for considering serving our country because in these days and ages most people are too scared to step up. So many people join the military as a last resort or out of desperation so please make sure that you are clear on why you want to join up and set a goal for what you will get out of it so that you don't end up with regrets later on down the road.

It made me happy to read that you are not concerned about getting deployed because a lot of people are so lame about that. So that you go into this with open eyes I think you should do like others have suggested and talk to someone who has served. I would also say seek out a random pen pal currently stationed in Iraq. Talking to a close family member or friend is a nice thing to do because they will give you another perspective you may need to see. Remember all of the guidance you are seeking may be available by getting an older, successful mentor too if you don't need structure along with it.

As for choosing the military over marijuana...Don't even make it a choice between the two because ultimately you will end up resenting the military since you already have a passion for marijuana. If you choose to stop just choose to do so for yourself, there is nothing wrong with taking a break. Marijuana is not going anywhere so no matter how long you sign up for it will be there waiting for you with it's sweetest rewards...I think we all know how good that first hit feels after you have gone without for an extended period of time.

Always make your choices with your heart and mind in agreement 100%. Be well and keep us updated.

Hey dude, plz dont join the army, i'm saying this from past experience i was unfortunatley/fortunatley shot in the shin from a ricochet, it's pretty bad over there. I was having problems with drinking/insomnia wen i got back from Fallujah, I'm currently in therapy for stuff i've seen over there.

Military for people with anxiety problems is not the place. Military and war is not a good enviroment for anyone to live in.. ALot of people have some good advice.. I forget who said it but somebody said find your self a nice women.. Def recommended man, maybe take a hit of DSL, and think about where you wanna go in life.. What is it your trying to achive.. IF you cant get it, then maybe you should go out into the wilderness, and hike for awhile.. It'll all come together then too.... .. What I'm getting at, is DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE JOIN THE FUCKIN' ARMY MAN!!!!

:peace:

Thanks a lot for everything guys, I definatly need a lot of other peoples opinions on everything.. I have several friends that joined the marines and Army but only one of them was a smoker and hes moved up in rank pretty quickly.. but ready to come home. Anyways all my other friends are pretty much in the same boat as me we are still trying to find ourselves.. All my friends here tell me I shouldnt make the choice because I just know so much about weed and support the cause so much and that still has not changed and never will.. It's just the time in my life because I guess everyone goes through this.. you think you know what your going to do and then you don't..

What I'm trying to accomplish in life is to be succesful, wealthy, a leader, happy pretty much things everyone wants. I just need to take a nice trip to
Amsterdam ahaha I know so much about the place and it's not even just about how liberal the netherlands are it's just the life style and the simple life of riding a bike everywhere lol

See I have always had a passion for history and sciences and I have always beeninto geology/ archeology and I'm just lost on how I coule maybe get somewhere with that.. I mean should I start taking college classes again or look for digs I could participate in or self educate myself.. ??

Again I appreciate everyones help continue to give me some more info and I'll keep you guys posted :allgood:

history science and archeology eh sound like you might be happy in the militarys remains services dealing with old bones but to get that you'll probably have to do the fresh gore tour in the middle east first.... but get it all in writing from the recuiters on the proper forms if you do the military route if i was 20 and able to do military i'd go airforce or navy plane mechanic or machinest mate both of which are high skilled and good paying in the civilian world talk to recent vets before signing up...

well if all I cared about was smoking hell I would prob be smoking right now.. I've been clean for over 3 months and really don't care that much I just miss it.. I do work a full time job right now starting at 4 in the morning.. which is still hard to get my ass out of bed each morning ahaha Its definatly good to plan ahead but that doesn't always work out the way you were planning on in the beginning..

You are right man.. I appreciate your input. I figure I'm just going to stick it out and continue to work this full time job maybe get a part time job and start taking some classes again.. and do some research on careers that I have always had interests in and see what it takes to get there.. I guess everyone just goes through this stage and it's not really anything new..

Remember you can always start out at a community college generally pretty cheep, Kalamazoo Vally Community College is about 1000 a semester at 15 credit hours and you will graduate with an associates in 2 years, maybe less if you take classes during the summer. After that you can finish and get a bachelors from a University or you can find a better job with your associates, but after another 2 years you may find what your passion is and when you do follow it. I have a friend graduating this semester from WMU and its just a Gen ed degree, hes going to move to Florida and study Marine Biology. It took him going to a 4 year school to figure out what he wanted to do, but he knows he is going to love doing that. Give it time and something will come along, think of hobbies and other things you do that you could do as a career some day. I have one friend going to school in Outdoor recreation, hes going to cut trails through foothills for his job, so he basically just goes back packing for work. You can do anything and that can be overwhelming, just give it time and you will find something you are truly interested in. If you do what you love you never work a day in your life.

dude either go to the air force or navy becuase the army will fuck u in the ass,not literally though

just thought id give u my opinion

oh yeah and id rather pick pot

-peace:bongrip:

Brett thanks for the input. your friends have some pretty awesome careers.. ahaha Well I've talked to a few recruiters in the Navy and Air Force and it's definatly not my thing.. It's funny how you think you know what you want one day, week, month or year and then you have no idea.. On top of that it's prob not a good idea to do something like that with anxiety that could kick in when you least expect it even though I've been good for awhile now.. I'm just going to start taking classes in geology and weather things I have always loved.. and possibly pick up a second job so I can get more money together for traveling

As for goals I have two more goals set.. one is to visit some friends out in california in the spring and the second is to take my trip to Amsterdam. I have never been out west and I justwant to see what its like around santa cruz and San Fran while visiting some good friends. Things are starting to piece together I guess I just have to take small steps because everything doesn't fall into place at once.. :allgood:

Sounds like you have an excellent plan. Enjoy!

ahaha thank you man :Rasta:

The 60's are gone. I hope you find what you are looking for. The military and marijuana do not mix. If you want success in the military, be prepared to eat a lot of shit. You are first broken down and then rebuilt. I've had a couple of friends in the military, the Navy to be specific, who would not have given it up for a second. One guy grew up as a navy brat and that was all he knew. He and his friends were just like a chapter out of Top Gun. THey saw action before Iraq. Combat was never a question.

There should not be a choice between smoking and the military. If you want the military, this would not have even been a question. Doing what you want, and trying to achieve success requires a lot of work. Yoiu just aim for it, and, like a bulldozer, to hell with everything else. Pot? YOu just smoek and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom