Milk & Cookies Auto-Only Wardrobe Grow: #1 Journal #2 Grow

Growing 13 autos in two wardrobes trying to discern best suited to our set up. Second grow, first with this set up.
12 good seedlings from 13 seeds (3 x 2fast2vast auto, 1 x big bud auto, 2 x Krippleberry auto, 1 x blueberry auto, 1 x Northern lights auto, 3 x auto quick satan & 1 x creme caramel auto....plus one gimpy one - Diablo XXL auto.

Using 3l/2l fabric pots filled with 70/30 coco coir & perlite.
Feeding Coco Canna nutes, worm castings and will flush with molasses.
Water is distilled and room temp.
Temp between 24 and 28 degrees C - around 40%-60% humidity (wardrobes are in our bedroom so it can vary!)
Lights are 1 x 600watt equivalent LED & 1 x 2 x 24watt CCFL
Oscillating fan on medium reaches both set ups

:cheer:

20210614_124643.jpg

20210614_124656.jpg

With a week's head start the Big bud is rocketing ahead of all the others.
Diablo moved to small pot - it is not thriving at all, weird leaf layout...I think it must be an old or dud seed but it's not dying either, so she can stay for now. :green_heart: That's 13/13 seeds popped and into seedling. Big bud now vegging away merrily.

Small seedlings given half nutes and BigBud full - all growing really well.
Had a panic the other night because BigBud started drooping just before lights off (got timer plugs on to give 18/6) but by morning she'd perked right up again. Notice she's now done that every night - are sleeping plants a thing? Who knew! :laughtwo:

20210615_020048.jpg

20210615_105947.jpg

Growing 13 autos in two wardrobes trying to discern best suited to our set up. Second grow, first with this set up.
12 good seedlings from 13 seeds (3 x 2fast2vast auto, 1 x big bud auto, 2 x Krippleberry auto, 1 x blueberry auto, 1 x Northern lights auto, 3 x auto quick satan & 1 x creme caramel auto....plus one gimpy one - Diablo XXL auto.

Using 3l/2l fabric pots filled with 70/30 coco coir & perlite.
Feeding Coco Canna nutes, worm castings and will flush with molasses.
Water is distilled and room temp.
Temp between 24 and 28 degrees C - around 40%-60% humidity (wardrobes are in our bedroom so it can vary!)
Lights are 1 x 600watt equivalent LED & 1 x 2 x 24watt CCFL
Oscillating fan on medium reaches both set ups

:cheer:

20210614_124643.jpg

20210614_124656.jpg
Hey @Milk and Cookies looking good.
I'm in coco aswell. There is a couple things I mix in with it that would be helpful if your interested.
If I can help im in.
Keep up the great work.
Bill

Hey @Milk and Cookies looking good.
I'm in coco aswell. There is a couple things I mix in with it that would be helpful if your interested.
If I can help im in.
Keep up the great work.
Bill
All help gratefully received! We've been quite lucky to happen upon a reasonable system after doing a lot of lurking here but any wisdom you can impart to hone a better crop would be awesome, thank you! :circle-of-love:

All help gratefully received! We've been quite lucky to happen upon a reasonable system after doing a lot of lurking here but any wisdom you can impart to hone a better crop would be awesome, thank you! :circle-of-love:
Bokashi and frass&Dazzle in my coco works wonders.
I always ph at dead on 5.8.
Keep coco wet at all times.
And water where you want the roots to go not where they are.
Plants learn the schedule and its common to droop just before lights out.
Do you have a ppm meter to track your feed strength?
Bill

Bokashi and frass&Dazzle in my coco works wonders.
I always ph at dead on 5.8.
Keep coco wet at all times.
And water where you want the roots to go not where they are.
Plants learn the schedule and its common to droop just before lights out.
Do you have a ppm meter to track your feed strength?
Bill
I'll check those out - thank you
We aim for 6 so will try to drop a bit of pH
Water every day and we do the loop around stem rather than on stem to get roots to stretch out
Awesome - I did not know that plants could learn a schedule!
No PPM meter, just go with the dilution guide on nute bottle...I'll check those out too!

I'll check those out - thank you
We aim for 6 so will try to drop a bit of pH
Water every day and we do the loop around stem rather than on stem to get roots to stretch out
Awesome - I did not know that plants could learn a schedule!
No PPM meter, just go with the dilution guide on nute bottle...I'll check those out too!
Nutrient companies want to sell more nutrients.
Their guide isn't always applicable especially with hydro which is what coco is. Recommendations can exceed the ability of your ladies to consume what is fed to them.
But its a starting point.
Keep track of your ppms every feeding which is every day.
Early veg I run 400 to 600 strain dependent.
Veg about 600 to 800.
Flower 800< also strain dependent.
And then back down in late flower.
When you learn the needs of your girls you can taylor your mix for them.
Takes time and experience.
Bill

Plants still growing well - Big bud really packing on new greenery. (1st pic). Was going to try a SCROG rather than any high stress techniques, given they are autos...
Have had a look into @Bill284 's great advice and invested in some local equivalents and we'll get that into the feed routine when they arrive. (thanks again!)
Gimpy plant still growing random leaves tho not growing vertically - am interested what she is doing as much as anything at this stage! (2nd pic)
A couple of the 2fast2vast are looking like their foliage is almost to big or heavy for the stalk. Is that usual for Indica's? Is it a bad sign or a good sign?! :eek: (3rd pic). They still manage a lovely wiggle in the oscillating fan so hopefully growing stronger.
We have very hard water here which is also both chlorinated and fluorinated, so we've always presumed tap water is a no-go without some serious filtration. We do, however, have a barrel that collects rain water from the guttering so going to start watering with that now the seedlings are stretching out. Nice eco-friendly solution. :)

20210616_162023.jpg

20210616_162048.jpg

20210616_162058.jpg

Hope everyone doing well!

Still growing nicely here - all except Gimpy are a lush green, no burns or marks, canoe leaves or discolouration.. With BigBud rocketing off ahead, think we'll SCROG the uniform grow under the CCFLs and keep to the lst with pipe cleaners & string under the LEDs.
BigBud got her first hair cut, going to start lst the branches in the next couple of days. Some peeps recommend topping but we're going to wait and do that with a couple of plants from the same strain for a comparison. Even Gimpy has changed from a lemon yellow to a slightly darker green - albeit still throwing out leaves without growing up any!
PPM meter arrives today so can get more accurate feeds going - have also ordered some reflective sheeting for the walls of the wardrobes - if the girls are going to pack together quite closely, need to make the most of all the light.
Have a 5l filtered water box set up inside to take the worst of the silt and any bugs out of the rainwater from the barrel outside and to let it warm up to room temp. The girls seem to be enjoying it anyway! :cheer:

20210618_111159.jpg

20210618_111204.jpg

20210618_111211.jpg

20210618_111259.jpg

Not a lot to report...we're religiously following all the excellent advice. Lowered the nutes ratio and used foliar feeding for CalMag which resulted in a slight change in growth best described as...BOOOF! :laughtwo: (pics 1 & 2)
Gimpy is almost completely normal coloured and has even grown a teeny bit in height! (pic 3)

20210621_001540.jpg

20210621_001721.jpg

20210621_001620.jpg

Still moseying along nicely. The PPM meter arrived at looooooong last so we'll start using that today. Mylar sheeting arrived too so got that up in middle wardrobe so far.
Going thru around 12l of water each day atm.
Added a layer of worm castings and am feeding nutes/molasses alternating days with daily foliar calmag leaf spray.
Still Boofing!

20210624_123739.jpg

20210624_123633.jpg

Still moseying along nicely. The PPM meter arrived at looooooong last so we'll start using that today. Mylar sheeting arrived too so got that up in middle wardrobe so far.
Going thru around 12l of water each day atm.
Added a layer of worm castings and am feeding nutes/molasses alternating days with daily foliar calmag leaf spray.
Still Boofing!

20210624_123739.jpg

20210624_123633.jpg
I see you have a moisture probe in a pot.
They are notoriously unreliable.
Just 2 cents my friend.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom