Milk for powdery mildew

I believe the old PM spot must be dead, hasn't changed at all. I'm pretty confident milk does prevent and/or kill PM. But my plant is starting to look a little nasty. All though it's only cosmetic I'm not sure I love it.
20190913_140651.jpg
20190913_140826.jpg

Any milk solids will not end up deep inside buds and be easy to wash off.

there is a comment from someone who has definitely never tried to get the milk remains off the plant.

i mentioned in my first post about the residue left by the milk,, my problem with milk as mildew control as well

the residue did not wash off easily and it did get into bud corners

must remember,, buds grow,, any residue close to the bud centers will be grown upon and remain inside forever,, absolutely forever,, eternity even

same with hairs,, and bugs too

mildew on the leaves only is not the end of the world,, but the mildew does not know it is supposed to stay on the leaves,, it wanders

another point i read about using milk,, how the enzymes in the milk need to be activated by sunlight,, dunna ask me, i just read it,, more than once,, so, for indoors, milk might not be as practical,,

just me two bits,, cheers

Ok. I'm starting to get a little paranoid about milk going moldy in my buds over the coming weeks. For milk to be effective you're supposed to reapply once a week in the sun to activate enzymes. The next 4 days are supposed to be cool, cloudy and raining. PM is returning and I'm considering switching to H2O2. Should I rinse the milk off first or just hit it with the H2O2? And what is the best mix ratio?

six parts total,, one of em the hydrogen peroxide,, so

five parts water, one part hydrogen peroxide

i find the mildew near impossible to exterminate,, so now i am finishing both plants in my tent , where i currently have a mildew issue,, i am winding the tent down and re starting with fresh clean plants,, again,,

karma sent friend,,

oh, just use the hydro spray to clean some milk off,, or maybe best to rince off first, let dry and apply peroxide spray,,

yes to the mixture

i have 'drenched' the plants, weeks into flower, with seemingly no ill affects to the buds,,

alas, and still not been able to get into all the cracks and crevices, same with bugs,, it's tuf to get em all

but, persist we must, for the greater good,,

How long should I let it sit before I turn fan on to dry? Oh and off topic, will an infrared heat lamp mess with the light cycle if I have it on overnight?

Back
Top Bottom