Milk for powdery mildew

Here are my two drying boxes (they're only next to each other for the picture). I drill 1" holes across the bottom right and top left, and then I aim a small oscillating fan at the lower holes and the air vents out of the top. You can see the holes on the box on the right:

20190805_081056 BC 2.2 chop.jpg

When the buds first go in I keep the fan on high and don't have it move. As the moisture level drops I lower the speed and have it oscillate to make sure they don't dry too quickly. If it's really dry where you are you can cover some of the holes or turn off the fan for some part of the day.

Here is a diagram of airflow I did after my first harvest:
drying-box.jpg

The newspaper was there to deflect airflow, but I don't bother with that any more. Ignore the cup of water...that was just to keep the RH up to slow down the drying!

You could spray them all down before you chop if you're concerned. It would get the dust off as well.

Do you harvest all your plants on the same day? Even my 12 ounce plants don't take more than 20 minutes to wash in the bucket.
I use neem until mid bloom and do spray my plants with a hose before harvest. I would like to find something to use later in bloom as that is when PM is more of a problem for me. I've got 4 plants, and being at 3700' and 45N Lat, I'm usually chopping them down in one or two days, trying to beat a hard freeze. I do put heaters in there if long term weather looks better, but that just increases the humidity, and PM. Wondering if I should wash with a sprayer and H2O+H2O2.

If you have a Hudson or backpack sprayer that might work, though it can't be as effective as dunking them and swishing them in a bucket. I just harvested two big plants this past weekend and didn't find washing to be the time consuming part. That would be finding and cutting out the bud rot!
I do have a backpack sprayer. Just cutting and hanging one plant(several laundry baskets full) takes hours. First is
DSC01881.JPG
DSC01877.JPG
DSC01877.JPG
DSC01878.JPG
my smallest plant. It's almost 8 feet wide. The others are 8' plus and 8 feet + high.. Sorry about double pix.
DSC01881.JPG

Back
Top Bottom