Milky reservoir help needed

Curbcalamity

Sooo here's for info

System: drain to waste, top fed so its just automated watering really
Res size: 225L
Airflow: 4 stones 9L/min (surface is constantly move)
Nutrients: Flora trio (micro is the hard water kind) EC was 1.2
Water supply: tap water, quite hard, contains chlorine and starting pH of 7
Ph agent: phosphoric acid 59%

Now 3 days in pH is up at 9 there's a white ring around the water surface, smells funky.
Now I'm 99% sure this problem is cos of the hard water I haven't been using h2o2 but will. Nor have I be leaving the water to sit to remove the chlorine. Reservoir is in the dark though and temp doesn't usually exceed 18 Celsius. Am mixing nutrients correctly I think. (1 at a time into a full res untill EC is stable them I add the next)

Sounds like you figured this one out eh? I been thinking of starting a dtw experiment for a long time. Organic matter in your water? CHeers mate, gl, I'll be interested to hear how this shakes out! :yahoo:

I live in a hard water area and do hydro, hard water sucks. I only use 20lt res and the ph rises when i first change the water. I also get salt build up on my equipment. It's worse when the water just sits.
I was wondering if you could put an air stone or little pump in your res to keep stirring the water. Edit : my bad , you already do.

yeah i figured you always have air stones, i got told either a pump or air stones so that surface tension of the water is bering broken all the time. yeah I think I should have sterilized my tank first and yeah, i think it mightve been salt precipritating out of the solution as I added ph down and it isnt white anymore, still think i have bad bacteria though so tomorrow ill h202 it.

Sounds like you figured this one out eh? I been thinking of starting a dtw experiment for a long time. Organic matter in your water? CHeers mate, gl, I'll be interested to hear how this shakes out! :yahoo:
ill upload some snaps when I get a chance running 4 x CMH's (nanolux ballst phillips globe, vertical) with 4x critical+ 2.0 and 2x Cheese no bennies or anything but yeah I think it just wasnt clean and then my housemate put start ph down into the ressi as he seems to think im just being a pedantic fucker. but we shall see in a few days.

I live in a hard water area and do hydro, hard water sucks. I only use 20lt res and the ph rises when i first change the water. I also get salt build up on my equipment. It's worse when the water just sits.
I was wondering if you could put an air stone or little pump in your res to keep stirring the water. Edit : my bad , you already do.

whats the starting ph of your water? and ppm? Im at like 7 and 300-ish. anything I should know about youve learned from experience? how much H2o@ should I be adding?

Here ja go pbass

IMG_20200310_033846.jpg
IMG_20200310_033852.jpg
IMG_20200310_033916.jpg

I uploaded a few more if you make your way to my media gallery

Citric acid in my pH down from Root Farm (also in GH pH Down) caused my cloudy rez issues. Sorted that out by using only phosphoric acid diluted in water.

Also use a water treatment product like UC Roots or Hydro-Sparkle (if you're in Canada) to prevent microbe& fungi blooms!

Citric acid in my pH down from Root Farm (also in GH pH Down) caused my cloudy rez issues. Sorted that out by using only phosphoric acid diluted in water.

Also use a water treatment product like UC Roots or Hydro-Sparkle (if you're in Canada) to prevent microbe& fungi blooms!

Omg holy shit thank you I was just using citric acid as I had no pH down left, I've since bought more and OMG the weight off my heart right now as I read that

yeah i figured you always have air stones, i got told either a pump or air stones so that surface tension of the water is bering broken all the time. yeah I think I should have sterilized my tank first and yeah, i think it mightve been salt precipritating out of the solution as I added ph down and it isnt white anymore, still think i have bad bacteria though so tomorrow ill h202 it.

ill upload some snaps when I get a chance running 4 x CMH's (nanolux ballst phillips globe, vertical) with 4x critical+ 2.0 and 2x Cheese no bennies or anything but yeah I think it just wasnt clean and then my housemate put start ph down into the ressi as he seems to think im just being a pedantic fucker. but we shall see in a few days.

whats the starting ph of your water? and ppm? Im at like 7 and 300-ish. anything I should know about youve learned from experience? how much H2o@ should I be adding?
My water starts at 8 ph, ppm about 250. Like i said it sucks.
The biggest thing I find with hard water is the constant ph dance. In veg I get It down to 5.9, next day it's 6.4 so I return it to 5.9, next day 6.1,which is a good thing as that covers the correct nute range. In flower it changes, about the 3-4 week of flower it starts rising the first day then falls and I have to adjust my nutes.
I don't change the res weekly, only when the plants needs change, which is roughly every week in first few weeks of veg. I just changed my res today for a flush before harvest,before that I was topping it up for the past 2 weeks.

Yeah mines empty after a week and doing DTW so I only change when it doesn't have enough anymore round the 5galleon mark.

Yeah I find
1 day stable 6.0
2day 6.1
3 da 6.4
This is first week of flower. I think I'll use silica if pH starts to drop like you said just really dilute so I can add as needed thanks for the advice though

What's ur ec/ppm in your nuts brew? I'm running 1.4 but I'm water often as dtw

Yeah mines empty after a week and doing DTW so I only change when it doesn't have enough anymore round the 5galleon mark.

Yeah I find
1 day stable 6.0
2day 6.1
3 da 6.4
This is first week of flower. I think I'll use silica if pH starts to drop like you said just really dilute so I can add as needed thanks for the advice though

What's ur ec/ppm in your nuts brew? I'm running 1.4 but I'm water often as dtw
The ec in my nute brew changes between veg/ flower and different plant.
The one I'm doing now was greedy in late veg, got up to 1.6 a was loving it, then by the third week of flower was down to 1.0 and maybe still a little strong.

The ec in my nute brew changes between veg/ flower and different plant.
The one I'm doing now was greedy in late veg, got up to 1.6 a was loving it, then by the third week of flower was down to 1.0 and maybe still a little strong.
Yeah I just keep pushing it untill they show those ever so slightly burnt tips and then pull back slightly, least that's what a friend with as many years experience as I have been on this Earth. . Got up to 1.6-1.8 just before the flip still Loving it. Is a bit frustrating though not sure why I decided to run multiple strains when I don't hand water. But ah well variety being the spice of life

Back
Top Bottom