Millertm's 60^2 In Of Fun

Well, 36 jars of mold. Whole harvest lost to mold. Somebody must be telling me something. Might be time to take some time off growing.

Cheers

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude! :eek:

That sucks HUGELY! Very sorry to hear! :(

Did you have hygrometers in the jars or just the Boost packs?

Damn miller I feel for you. To lose that much must hurt. Definitely try to learn from what happened to prevent it from happening again. Was your humidity too high during flowering/ drying? Any preventive measures that you could have took. Maybe turkey bags would have been better to cure in with the big harvest? Wishing you the best. You've got a setup we all wish we could grow in.

Damn miller I feel for you. To lose that much must hurt. Definitely try to learn from what happened to prevent it from happening again. Was your humidity too high during flowering/ drying? Any preventive measures that you could have took. Maybe turkey bags would have been better to cure in with the big harvest? Wishing you the best. You've got a setup we all wish we could grow in.

Turkey bags are just big jars. They allow you to cure more bud without having to burp multiple jars, but it wouldn't change the humidity of the buds.

You need the buds to dry to below 70% humidity before jarring or putting the the turkey bags. Once jarred/bagged, you then burp the jars/bags a few times per day (initially, then less as the buds continue to dry) until the RH gets to 62%. Once at 62%, the buds can be stored long-term and will continue to cure as long as the RH stays above 55%.

Once below 55%, the buds are out of the "cure zone" and, even if re-hydrated, will not cure any further. The Boost/Bovedas are not effective at removing the moisture, but they are effective at keeping the buds in the cure zone for long-term storage (prevents them from drying out too much, too quickly).

You really should use hygrometers to give the exact humidity. The buds dry from the outside, so while the outside is crispy, the insides of the buds, especially the larger buds, are still quite moist. Once jarred/bagged, the buds "sweat" the moisture from the inside and, very quickly, the outsides of the buds will be moist again. When you burp the jars, it allows the outsides to dry up again, leaving the insides less moist. Continue this process and, eventually, you'll sweat all the moisture from the insides of the buds and the entire jar will maintain something like a 62% humidity level, at which point, you can stop burping without worrying about mold.

The larger buds can go through MANY cycles of jarring/burping before you get all the moisture out and, coincidentally, I've just dried some HUGE buds that are curing now. Each of these buds is probably over 1/4 oz and is right around 65% RH now, so still getting burped - and they were jarred over two weeks ago! I'll post some pics in my journal when they're finished, since it's always tricky doing buds that large.

IMHO, you can always try to guess the RH, but hygrometers are really a requirement to effectively dry & cure buds, and they are cheap. I think I got a 4-pack that fits into mason jars for about $15. You'd have to be pretty good to tell the difference between 72% RH and 67% RH, but one will cause mold if jarred and the other is in the cure zone now.
:Namaste:

Thank you Mr Krip, inciteful information that I will put to use henceforth.

Thanks to @Norcaliwood I've got the tent back on after 8 or so weeks off.

New bulb, letting the girls settle in some. I'll re pot and do a proper induction in a day or so.

Here we go again.

Cheers

Ok, still reading and catching up with all the great info out there on curing. Ladies looking ok but few were over growing their homes and seem a bit tired.

New lamp for the veg cycle.

Tent staying at 75° during this cold snap we are in here in Portland.

Sour sage (2) are the little ones.

Chem dog

Star dog

White cookies

She is the biggest but looks tired now, but she will come around.

Cheers

Yea they did need a up-potting. And alittle food. It was kind of cold out there in the garage. And when the roots get cold,, they uptake nutrients differently. They'll come around in a day or two... GL

Veg is kinda boring. Well looks like roots hit bottom and energy is back into above the soil.

Sage and Sour looking bigger but will most likely sit out one week of flower to grow a bit more.

Star Dog looking like it does.

Chem dog

White cookies

Tent

Cheers

Looking good @millertm love the variety. Have you grown any of them before?

Star Dog only. Need to flip fast, 1k MH bulb grows them quickly. First week post up pot sucks. Plants put all energy into root system to find bottom. Upper plant looks like crap and it will self harvest leaves to help roots grow. It's nice to see them turn the corner and lift their leafs up.

Cheers.

So, switched to HPS on the 18th.

12 hours of darkness started on 19th @0900. Plants in full strech mode now.

I decided to just flower sage and Sour and they are looking bushy.

Four days ago looking noticeably smaller.

Other ladies will out grow tent space in a week or so, very large for 4, days of flower.

Four days ago,

Starting to get fun, feeding in am tomorrow, then we will see growth.

Cheers

Should make a nice easy to work with crop.. Least from here.. I know them Sage-n-Sours were abit behind,,,, hense 2 of them?????

Dude I'm just now getting my cuts going... One day you going to have to get it together and get one of these Puppies....... Dude make a 'clone' box outta cardboard and a single fluorescent lamp.... Every time you throw a plant in flower,,,, take a cut... You can always throw em away if you get overwhelmed........

Should make a nice easy to work with crop.. Least from here.. I know them Sage-n-Sours were abit behind,,,, hense 2 of them?????

Dude I'm just now getting my cuts going... One day you going to have to get it together and get one of these Puppies....... Dude make a 'clone' box outta cardboard and a single fluorescent lamp.... Every time you throw a plant in flower,,,, take a cut... You can always throw em away if you get overwhelmed........

Your right. I need to learn that last step. But then whom would I bug for cuts?

Cheers

Yep, 1k bare bulb MH will do that. It did not hurt that lights were on 24 hours. Always open like 7-11. I'm on my last night of work. I'll spend some time looking at gardens tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Cheers

Added 315w 3200k bulb to the mix.

1050w HPS bulb doing well too.

Ladies looking very good,

315w nulb

Little update, Chem dog is about a meter round. Crazy big for a tent.

Sage and Sour are still quite bushey.

White Cookies very round too.

Star Dog

Tent.

White Cookies under the 315w and looking a bit different then the others.

Cheers

Fed this morning after work. Sage and Sour,

Both plants are very happy, 5 gal bucket next to one.

Star dogs are two biggest in tent,

Chem dog,

Cookies,

Tent without 2 little ones,

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom