Millertm's Outdoor Grow

millertm

Well, its nice to be back in the game. 5 Chocolate Chip strain clones, 1 Grape Stomper clone, 5 Gorilla Glue reg seeds, 1 Wi-fi reg seed. All up. I'll use everything Fox Farms for this grow with a few extras. 30 gal and 45 gal smart pots will be used. Now I'll upload a few pix.

Cheers

20170613_110201.jpg
20170613_080402.jpg
20170613_110152.jpg

Here are a few shots to get you going.

Cheers

Welcome back millertm. Was wondering where ya went, good to have ya back. Good choice of strains you have there. Any ideas when they are going outside?

:passitleft:
Eh, soon. As long as your out in June it should grow complete. Now the hard part, 45 gal smart pots are ~$20, each, plus 4.5 bags of FFOF @ $11 each, per plant. Now all my sprouted seeds are regular so maybe 4 females. But clones are all female so I'm looking at at least 10 × 45 gal or almost 450 gal of soil. @ $10 a gal. So, I have to plan this carefully. I'll move clone's into 8x8's for a few weeks to save up some cash. Move was expensive. But clones should start to harden by this weekend. And be outdoor next week. Seeds by end of month.

Cheers

Math wrong, damn GTH, it will be about $650 for 10, 45's or about $515 for 30's. I'm feeling much better now. Now time to get growing. :)

Cheers

So, waiting until Friday (payday) to get my soil going. I'm going to use 3 gal pots on clones outside till they get big enough not to get lost in 30's or 45's. Seeds will get bigger homes when ready. I hate waiting but the move into the house tapped me out on cash. Seeds were placed into year old soil, lol.

Cheerd

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Big pots = big pot plants! I'll follow along if that's cool. Looking forward to seeing some monsters. It's miller time!

:passitleft:
Awesomeness, glad to have you abord weenmeoff. I'm an indoor guy so it will be a new adventure going outside. My first run was 2 X 10 gal in my 4x4 tent, those were huge but fun.

Cheers

Subbed and looking forward to big plants in big pots this summer miller. I plan on trying a few huge pots myself!
Glad to have you swing by Jgrowlove, I'll have to over to your place soon. Ferts, I'm trying to figure how to feed 45 gal pots. It will be a fun journy.

Cheers

Hey miller! Thought I'd pop on in and see this grow. Sounds like you plan on growing some massive plants :) That's a hell of a lot of soil to be buying in bags, bring in the forklift boys!! *beep beep beep* haha. Maybe you could find some rain barrels to collect water and then have a separate one for mixing nutrients into when you need? Obviously you would need some sort of pump for all this unless you could gravity feed in some way which isn't always hard either.

The clones and wee ones are looking great, will sure be interesting to see how fast they grow outside in them big containers, cant wait!

Yeah, 35 to 40 gal of soil. What a mess feeding will be, nevermind what my yard mates think. I can't wait for this weekend and starting the hardening process on clones.

Cheers

Yeah, 35 to 40 gal of soil. What a mess feeding will be, nevermind what my yard mates think. I can't wait for this weekend and starting the hardening process on clones.

Cheers

Should be fun :) I haven't gotten into anything that size before, I thought 5 gallon buckets were big enough for indoors until I started seeing some other grows on here :rofl:

Care to explain the hardening process for clones? I haven't dipped into the cloning action much myself yet but with some of the new strains and breeders I have picked from I would like to start doing clones since they seem to be very good genetics. I am going to guess that hardening of clones is basically getting them ready for the outdoors, getting the stalks stiffened up some, maybe with fans and slowly introducing to the outdoors? I must be close :)

Should be fun :) I haven't gotten into anything that size before, I thought 5 gallon buckets were big enough for indoors until I started seeing some other grows on here :rofl:

Care to explain the hardening process for clones? I haven't dipped into the cloning action much myself yet but with some of the new strains and breeders I have picked from I would like to start doing clones since they seem to be very good genetics. I am going to guess that hardening of clones is basically getting them ready for the outdoors, getting the stalks stiffened up some, maybe with fans and slowly introducing to the outdoors? I must be close :)
It's getting them ready for outdoor light. Far red light will sunburn plants raised under T5, MH, ect. I'll put them outside for a few hours in the shade. Few days later their ready for full sunlight.

Not sure how to handle rain though, this should be fun.

Cheers

It's getting them ready for outdoor light. Far red light will sunburn plants raised under T5, MH, ect. I'll put them outside for a few hours in the shade. Few days later their ready for full sunlight.

Not sure how to handle rain though, this should be fun.

Cheers

Ok I have heard of this before, just wanted to be sure. That's basically the process for any plant raised indoors then, I gotcha!

Rain can be quite the burden at times.. What about some clear plastic hanging over top of the plants to keep most of the rain away? Or even lay some over top of the soil base so the water sheds away from the containers but not having it sit right on the soil so it doesn't create and mold or root rot. Just some thoughts out loud for ya :)

good morning miller im subbed in would like to join in the fun and watch your grow buy the way those babies look happy in that year old dirt!
Thanks for dropping by. I've been trying to catch up but I'm about a year behind. Also, lots of new names to learn. I'll be over your way soon. Planing this grow is going to be fun. Tent growing is way to easy (ha), not. But this show will be moving along soon enough.

Cheers

So, got the MH going, T5 seems a bit weak for outside tent. Kicking 420 watts. Garage is cracked, fan is on, I'll wait a few and see how hot it gets in there. I might need the T5 after all. Well its 60F here in Aloha, OR so hopefully I'll be good.

Cheers

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom