Millertm's - Sour Diesel x 2 - Super Lemon Haze - Cinex/NW Coffee

millertm

Hello All,

Here we go again. My last grow was a great learning experience but had to be cut early due to the "Circus coming to Town". But I live to fight another day. Moreover, I was fighting within 3 days of my new girls homecoming. I have the Borg, I know it and I chose to fight through it by using my head. Its getting bad at the grow store as well, I'm seeing lots of customers with the same problem and always in late flower. I did notice that when my T5 grow was in the flushing stage and had neurotic leaves the mites lost interest and disappeared. Therefore, In a 8 week grow, you need to last 6 weeks before the "Tents go Up". During Veg you have lots of options and smaller plants so mite control should be flawless but "N" in your fert is what Mites
seem to like most from what I have read about them on line. Veg and Grow food is the highest in N so if you do not catch an outbreak it could take your grow down fast. I'm told it takes about two weeks unchecked for
enough generations with mature adults to make the population of China look small compared to your mites. Anyway, enough. On with the grow.

Here are a few pix of my T5 grow drying in my tent. I got about 7 oz dry, not bad for 4 plants in 6"x6" under
a 192W 8, 2' bulb T5HO with a few CFL's. On that note. While I got the full 9 weeks in flower and buds were compact, after drying and in cure it is a bit loose. Still quite potent but not as compact as what I got under the 1000W HPS.

Here is a few shots from their last days.

Here is the setup.

Those four girls were raised from bag seed.

Grow 2.0

What strain is it? two Sour Diesel, Super Limon Haze, Cinex/NW Coffee
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Yes both and unkown %
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Got cuttings on 1/02
Indoor
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF
If soil... What size pot? #5
Size of light? 1000W
Is it aircooled? Bare bulb
Temp of Room/cab? 72-75F
RH of Room/cab? 45%
Any Pests ? 2 Spot Spider Mites
How often are you watering? twice week
Type and strength of ferts used? AN Grand master with Sensi AB ($488 for all nutes in Qt with 2 in pints)

Time to meet the family.

The girls sunning under my 192W T5, 4 bloom and 4 grow bulbs for full spectrum.

Super Lemon Haze, 8 week flower (suspect)

Sour Diesel 1, 9 week flower

Cinex/NW Coffee 9 week flower

Sour Diesel 2.

Here they are 6 days later.

Cinex is largest and was the largest of the group when purchased. I'm potting up on next watering but waiting one day so I can spray again for mites. I now know what "total plant material saturation". My girl's looked ready to fall over and were drooping badly. I'm not sure if these mites came with the clones or were already here but these clones had cut leaves making me think that I brought them in to my grow space. Well, all I need is a good 6 weeks of flower to make it through to the end.

Peace.

Millertm

Thanks, I'm in a fight with mites but I'm going forward. I got 22 bottles from advanced nutrient which is their grand master line and all 4 lines below it for $488. Since I am in a battle, I need small plants so I can defend them properly. AN yields are amazing when you use all 22 products. Thanks for stopping by my friend.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Ouch! $500 bucks for nutes is a bit of a hit. We decided to stick with dnf for one more grow, for no other reason than they are cheap. I went a little too deep on LED lights and need to wait out another big drop in cash, at least till we have some actual nugs in drying if not curing.

So far it's all upfront, and only the promise of future smoke, no matter how sure a thing it may be.

I look forward to watching the battle, sorry to say. :) We've been lucky so far with our first grow, but I expect we'll suffer an infestation of something eventually and it'll be great to have seen some skirmishes.

Nuke those little mofo's into orbit brother.

If you have pets you are suspect, if not you might be ok. Seed grows are the best way to stay bug free. I'm looking at seeds from now on since I bought my clone's. I need start flowering in a few weeks so cuttings fit the bill. Now I have time to research some seed strains and go crazy with my turbo AN plant food.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Two indoor only cats, so less of a risk there... but a 60 pound dog that's outside and everywhere else with us all the time.

We're on seeds for at least the next probably 3 or 4 grows, so we might get lucky.

Your excitement is infectious. I really wanna get into the AN line, and more than just the base nutes like we're running now with dnf.

I could not believe what I saw from the grand master lineup. His plants had kola's almost 6 inches around. 3 gal pots, and he is getting almost 2.5G/watt. Now he been doing this a long time but damn. Fox Farm is top quality but won't boost yeild. AN does both but it costs 2.5 times more. I'm up potting then I have to wait a few weeks to start feeding. FFOF is a hot soil so I need to be careful.

Well its update time again. So I up potted on Sunday to 5 gal pots. I'm thinking that 3 gal is the way to go since I'm keeping plant size small and flipping when about 18 inches. Here is the T5 setup with 4, bloom and 4, veg bulbs, all 24W. I also hung 2, 24W 5000K CFL's and one 60W 6500K CFL bulb since the T5HO is 192W and my CFL's at 108W giving me 300W total, which is quite bright in a 2x2 space or 85W Sq Ft.

Here are the girls before their bath.

And After their bath, which they will get about every two to three days. Even if I do not see bugs, I'm spraying.

That is what your plant should look like when sprayed. I'd by some mix for about 60 bucks instead of a spray for 20. I went through a spray of Lq Lady Bug in three uses or in about 9 days. The 60 mix makes about 100 gal, much better for your money. Well, I'm letting the roots grow and will then top post watering and flip in another week.

Millertm

You the Man, Lets see if I can take this grow someplace with the grand master AN line with all 3 lower lines in full force.

Mark

Well it's been a few day and all looks better. I used up a bottle of Liquid Lady Bug in three spraying applications and have not seen a mite yet. I'm not calling it a win yet but I'm saving money by not using my SNS-217 however, I looking every day. If, per chance any of you readers stumble across some white stippling on your leaves at some time in your grow, all is not lost. However, if you SCROG or such, and you run into a bug issue or mold issue or any issue, it could be a bad day. I'm very interested in using screen but my skills are not up to par quite yet. I've found success in medium sized plants, instead of 2 plants in #10 pots, I'll (well I am) use 4, #5's and get the same pull. In fact, I'm using about 3.5g of dirt in my 5g pots, just one full 1.95 Cu Ft, and about 1/5 old bag. I used one bag per #10 pots in my last grow. Nevertheless, I ran into a bug issue on one of my seedlings in my Veg room when I was using it for flowering and I won that battle due to the size of the plants while still getting close to 250g of 4 plants, therefore with much better food and 1000W SHPS (Super, few more Lumans and added blue, Yada, yada, yada) and not flipping 12" tall 24 day old seedlings in 6 x 6 inch pots. I do not see an issue with getting a good size haul.

On to the Pix. First up is the Super Lemon Haze. She is looking better but still in need of N, also looks like Fe or moly or some other mobile issue on lower two leaves. New growth looks good and if you get clones I starved it trying to build a root mass for the up potting.

Next is Sour Diesel One. Looking well but still in need of N, but no mobile def's that I could see.

Next up will be Sour Diesel 2, Again, Needs N, looks good.

Last but not least, in fact she is huge, Cinex/NW Coffee. In much need of N (due to size), but growing well.

I would have used Promix, or Lucky Dog (X) but I had/have 2, now one unopened bag of FFOF. Since it is a Hot potting mix, I'm not giving food yet. I'll start the AN line on Monday, Ec is 1.5 now (soil electric conductivity) which is a bit on the low side but good for the size plants I have now in these pots. I'll watch it before Monday and if it drops to 1, I'll feed. I saw the yellow tips on new growth showing me that the soil is hot but its taking time to even out the green color between the old and new growth. Lighter green new growth is N hungry but if I feed I'll burn the small root mass. In promax or lucky dog you can feed from day one so there is no waiting for soil to breakdown and deliver its food as FFOF does. I hope to get the tent up and running this week, bare bulb and new Super MH veg at 400W. There is no need for 1000W or even 600W if you are running a 24 hour veg tent. 600 watts for 18 hours is 10,800 watts of energy while 400W is 9,600 watts, just keep your light lower (smaller plants) and its cheaper then vegging 600W for 18 hours. I'll let my plant sleep when it is doing something useful and flower. Oh, if you have time, look up and read some university research about flowering time and 24 hour veg. Its a good read.

Stay safe.

Millertm

I see you've listed quite a few potential problems, but from the photos at least, I can't see any issues. They look great to me, and you have some nice strains going. I like lemony strains, and both SLH and Sour D are known for being quite citrusy. Which breeder did you get your Sour D from bud?

Update time. I've raised the wattage in the closet to 319 true watts. Since it is un-vented temps were climbing up to 77 or slightly higher. I had to crack the window since the tent is not running at this time. If I keep the wattage under 300 the closet stays temp stable or when the tent is running (vented out a window and room is exposed to outside weather with temps under 40F). Well lets start off with a good pix of what I am enjoying at this time.

This was from seed and raised completely under my T5HO setup.

Here are a few family shots from this morning.

So I hung 3, 24W 5000K CFL's and 1, 55W 5500K CFL under my 192W 8, 24W (2 x 2900K, 6 x 6500K) setup. I run a 24H veg setup and try to keep my wattage down and in a 2x2 area 320W is more then enough to get these girls up and growing.

Here are the close ups of the girls. I'm seeing some spotting color issues but they seem to be growing nicely.

I have some new bulbs coming for the tent this week and will be starting it up on Tuesday if all goes well. I will be bare bulbing it with a new full spec MH (400w) so that will be a good day to update again. Stay safe.

Cheers.

Millertm

I can not wait for my next seed grow, clone's are trouble, but worthwhile if you have the time. RTK, you are an inspiration and a mentor, thanks for stopping by my grow.

Cheers

I can not wait for my next seed grow, clone's are trouble, but worthwhile if you have the time. RTK, you are an inspiration and a mentor, thanks for stopping by my grow.

Cheers

That brought an unexpectedly large smile to my face, Thank You so much! I don't feel at all inspirational or worthy of being anybody's mentor.

I've looked back at my first journal and find that it is you, good sir, who provided inspiration and mentorship.I'm very happy to have had you as a friend and subscriber for so long.

It's all good. I just like someone who will center you when you're thinking is biased. What you think your issue (mine) is and your blinded to other opinions, you (RTK) bring another viable option. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom