milwaukee Ph 600 question

Red-Cricket

Good Day All, Would someone explain how to store the Milwaukee ph 600 when not in use? My unit is reading way to high. I tried to keep tip wet in cap but when I checked it it was dry. Milwaukee talks about a "solution" to store it in....do you leave the cap off and store it in a glass of this stuff? Any tips would greatly be helpful!! My second unit is coming. Can I "revive" the one I have? Thanks People! Red

High Red-Cricket.

They make a storage solution for ph pens but if not used for a long time the caps always dry out. I keep mine in a dilute sol'n of pH 4 buffer during grows and only use it maybe once a week. For long term storage I just rinse with RO or distilled water, put the cap on and let it dry out. When I go to use it again I let it soak in pH 7 calibration sol'n for and hour or so and it calibrates dead on. Mine's an Oakton waterproof and I've had it for 7 or 8 years.

:peace:

Good Day All, Would someone explain how to store the Milwaukee ph 600 when not in use? My unit is reading way to high. I tried to keep tip wet in cap but when I checked it it was dry. Milwaukee talks about a "solution" to store it in....do you leave the cap off and store it in a glass of this stuff? Any tips would greatly be helpful!! My second unit is coming. Can I "revive" the one I have? Thanks People! Red

Put a bit of sponge or towelie down in the end of the cap, helps keep the tip wet.

Do not store in RO or distilled water as per Milwaukee.

Check out eseasonsgear.com, they sell all kinds of meters and solutions and also have lots of info and links to Milwaukee info. Or google Milwaukee Instruments and find the info you need, but the eseasonsgear links seem to take you right where you need to go on the Milwaukee site.

You are really going to have to pony up and get the proper solutions for your pen.

DD

Back
Top Bottom