Mini Fridge Cooling

Smoketahchoke

I was brainstorming mostly in vague dreams of someday upgrading my grow space and was wondering what people thought of A mini Fridge cooler. Fan would be set to active output on a specific temperature and a carbon filter placed over the passive intake.

I thought this would be a good idea for saving Co2 While being able to control your temps and keep them low. A space heater works for heating but cooling usually has to be vented out of the room and if I or somebody smarter(there are plenty of you out there) could make it work it could save some major c02 while also giving the ability to accurately control your room temp.

Great if that works for you than that means that the heat the coils give off won't cancel out the cooling power of the insides=) love to hear some imput on this idea. Hate to mutilate my mini fridge just to have some one come later and tell me why it was obviously a bad idea :)

:smokin:The mini fridge is in the next room, with the tubing going through the wall. Actually it doesn't run that much even in the summer. So any heat from it, doesn't effect the room where the grow is much. I'm sure it might, but both have separate intake and exhaust to the central air and heating.

It chills one 10 gallon tub now, in the middle of summer (outside temps around 90 and above), with the grow room highs of 80. The tub will stay right around 68 with the fridge dialed at about 3 (out of 9).

I'm fairly sure I could chill three to four tubs with this one setup. This summer my plans are to expand it. So I'll find out how well it works.

Prairie

Back
Top Bottom