Mini Fridge hps stealth grow box

JediWolf52

What up guys, my mini fridge just recently stopped working so I decided to convert it into a stealth grow box. The fridge will be lined with either mylar or foylon, lighting will be 150 watt hps system with mh bulb for veg and hps for flower. I gutted the entire fridge of everything. I know heat will be an issue so I gutted all the insolation for maximum ventilation. I plan on running two 4" inline duct fans in the bottom step with a 6" exhaust fan up top with a carbon filter to cover the smell. Im just worried about heat being an issue with this setup. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Here are some photos of the fridge as of now. Sorry for the sideways photos.
IMG_52372.JPG
IMG_52352.JPG
IMG_52341.JPG
IMG_52332.JPG
IMG_52326.JPG

That's a very control environment! I would have kept the insulation. How are you going to control humidity? That's a key question. A small humidifer might work.

Also that could be a good vegetation started until plants get big then move them to a bigger place to finish growing.

The reason I gutted the insulation is because an hps setup in such a small space is going to generate a lot of heat so I want retain as little heat as possible and that insulation is just going to hold in alot of heat. As i forgot to mention in the original post, there will be a temp/humidity monitor in there and I was also thinking about hooking the fans up to a thermostat to control the fans to turn on/off at certain temps. But yes BigSmoker the humidity thing is a very good point and can be a downfall. Humidity was one of the other issues I am kind of worried about. Im going to have to get a small humidifier for it.

Hopefully it all plays out nice and hopefully you will update with pics also start a journal of it and I will flow it. Good luck and god bless!

yes. I will be updating this thread with photos as it all comes together. Hopefully i can get the intake fans and mylar today to get that started.

Im going to take your guys advice and paint it flat white tomorrow morning. Paint is going to be much easier and cheaper to deal with than mylar. Money is kind of tight right now, but hopefully my next pay check comes in the next couple days so i can get the lights, fans, temp/humidity monitor.

I would make 2 holes for the hps, draw air from outside and exhaust out on the other side. One hole in the roof for the filter exhauSt, place the filter out and bottom one for fresh air. Well this if I would alsi flower in there.

I would make 2 holes for the hps, draw air from outside and exhaust out on the other side. One hole in the roof for the filter exhauSt, place the filter out and bottom one for fresh air. Well this if I would alsi flower in there.
Yes i will be flowering in there also. Im not sure i quite understood that. By this do you mean on one side an intake fan putting cool air to the light with an exhaust fan on the opposite side pulling warm air out from the light with another exhaust fan blowing air out the top? Or did you mean just an intake fan on the side near the light with just an exhaust fan going out the roof?

As for flat white paint for a reflective coating it will be much cheaper, more easily accessible, easily cleaned and i can touch it up if ever needed.

Back
Top Bottom